Worst New Car Ownership/Customer Experience Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, I would rather they keep those cars to sell to other potential customers. Lucid is just a 1 year old company, unlike the others you mentioned. It’s not a big deal really! As long as they provide a rental, I'm happy! Actually, Tesla never loaned me a Tesla....they never had enough- guess too many repairs
I’m not suggesting that Lucid should provide Lucid rentals at this stage in the company’s development. I was drawing a contrast between Lucid’s new rental policy and the competition, which Lucid likes to compete with. To your comment:
As long as they provide a rental, I'm happy!
This is the point, they are no longer providing rental cars. They are reimbursing up to $100 a day if the customer gets their own. $100 a day may be a reasonable amount for some trim levels in some parts of the country, but this won’t get close to what they were providing prior to the policy change.

The inconvenience factor is the part that I take the greatest issue with, since I’ve already had my car hauled away a half dozen times and counting. I’m glad that you like the policy, but you may feel different if your car starts to become a basket case.

I’m not suggesting that Lucid should provide Lucid rentals at this stage in the company’s development. I was drawing a contrast between Lucid’s new rental policy and the competition, which Lucid likes to compete with. To your comment:

This is the point, they are no longer providing rental cars. They are reimbursing up to $100 a day if the customer gets their own. $100 a day may be a reasonable amount for some trim levels in some parts of the country, but this won’t get close to what they were providing prior to the policy change.

The inconvenience factor is the part that I take the greatest issue with, since I’ve already had my car hauled away a half dozen times and counting. I’m glad that you like the policy, but you may feel different if your car starts to become a basket case.
I appreciate your thoughtful reply on this. Having posted a few times about issues I’ve had with my car, there does seem to be a vocal contingent of “that’s not happening to me, therefore it’s not a problem”.

In my opinion, even the Hertz arrangement was a shitty option. My last rental reeked of pot to the point that I had to wait and walk around the block before I showed up to work to get the stench off my clothes. As a physician, you can imagine what a shitstorm I’d have to deal with if a patient made a claim about possible drug use.

With that said, Turo may be a good option and $100/day can get you some decent cars on the platform.

I appreciate your thoughtful reply on this. Having posted a few times about issues I’ve had with my car, there does seem to be a vocal contingent of “that’s not happening to me, therefore it’s not a problem”.

In my opinion, even the Hertz arrangement was a shitty option. My last rental reeked of pot to the point that I had to wait and walk around the block before I showed up to work to get the stench off my clothes. As a physician, you can imagine what a shitstorm I’d have to deal with if a patient made a claim about possible drug use.

With that said, Turo may be a good option and $100/day can get you some decent cars on the platform.
I have been a Hertz Gold member for years. Hertz is generally good with customer service. If I had a Hertz rental with these issues, I would simply drive it back to Hertz at the nearest airport and they would swap it out. No need to endure pot odors in the car.

Often when I take my Porsche in for service they give me a rental car from Enterprise which is usually a small Dodge or equivilent. This is not a Lucid issue. It's rare that they actually hand out Porsche anymore for service loaners.

I also have a Cadillac Escalade when we take that big beast in for service, Cadillac has NO LOANER options at all. They just call a Lyft to take you home and bring you back to get your Caddy.

I have been a Hertz Gold member for years. Hertz is generally good with customer service. If I had a Hertz rental with these issues, I would simply drive it back to Hertz at the nearest airport and they would swap it out. No need to endure pot odors in the car.

Often when I take my Porsche in for service they give me a rental car from Enterprise which is usually a small Dodge or equivilent. This is not a Lucid issue. It's rare that they actually hand out Porsche anymore for service loaners.

I also have a Cadillac Escalade when we take that big beast in for service, Cadillac has NO LOANER options at all. They just call a Lyft to take you home and bring you back to get your Caddy.

The location I was dealing with wasn’t exactly a lot full of decent cars for me to pick from. Your mileage will vary depending on where you’re located. I’m glad your experience has been better.

Technically tesla does not give any loaner at anymore most times thus give you a 100$ Uber credit per day.
Yes - however it is only suitable for Uber X. I tried to use it on a Black ride, and it told me that it was not good for Black - Why does tesla care? $100 is $100 no matter how you spend it. I work in the luxury industry, and showing up being driven by a Corolla, does not enhance the image. It's one of the reasons, after 2 Tesla Model S - I will never buy a third one.

Keeping on topic: I too, have had Lucid customer experiences. They have, without exception, been extraordinarily marvelous.
In the first ~ 70 miles I lost the right and center screens. I had mobile service visits to diagnose and repair (video module replaced) and it was so much fun. Then I had 5 or 6 red warning brick failures that were overcome by resets, until I was asked to stop driving and the car was taken to a Virginia swamp (where it can chill). Today I received a call that my car will be returned to me all better, in a day or two. It was such a pleasant conversation. Although my car was delivered months ago I have had very little time to drive it, as it kept failing just a dozen miles from home time and time again. I am an early adopter and I know it, and my eyes are open. I can wait for Lucid to complete the build. I understand that Lucid has to deliver cars that are incomplete to stay in business. I support that, because I am not a baby.

Those who thought their car would be flawless: really ?

My car is also fantastic but I did buy it used. The only weird thing is they changed my HV battery once but other than that it’s goood no other issues.

What would be even better is if these cars that seem to have been sitting on the lot for a very long time could be sent to Service Centers to be used as loaners. If Lucid is producing surplus cars in its batching then some of the cars should be sent out to become a loaner fleet.

View attachment 8860
Not a chance---have you check the prices of used Lucids lately? Subtract that from "retail" and you solve for the hit to gross margin

Not a chance---have you check the prices of used Lucids lately? Subtract that from "retail" and you solve for the hit to gross margin
You’re responding to a post that’s over 14 months old……. Things have changed a lot since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back