Worst New Car Ownership/Customer Experience Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is confirmed. I was initially told that the loaner would be covered. I showed up and was asked for a CC and to accept the rate, I placed a call from the desk to my service advisor and was told, "Oh, yeah, sorry, that change we were just told about this week..." THEN, in a strange turn of events, the manager came over and said a PO# was attached to this rental, so it was paid for... (then they forgot to extend it).

So I ended up having to submit the latter part of my rental for reimbursement. I'm assuming they are going to send a check? I hate to ask, I'm still waiting for a response as to whether a new work order has been put in for the roof glass repair.

1. How many miles on the car? What's the manufacture date (label in door jamb)? The reason I ask is: some of the older batteries ("Gen 1") had these failures. The newer spec one resolves the problem, you will have the latest and greatest. Believe me, I almost hope my (Gen 1) battery fails around 10,000 miles so I can get a brand new one! That said, I should be careful what I wish for.
I've seen a couple of references to version 2 of components. Have both the batteries and Wunderbox been redesigned? If so, any guess as to when they were introduced to new builds? Mine is a Touring, manufactured November 2022. Trying to determine if these "two minute warning" or immediate battery failures are less likely in my later build.

I've seen a couple of references to version 2 of components. Have both the batteries and Wunderbox been redesigned? If so, any guess as to when they were introduced to new builds? Mine is a Touring, manufactured November 2022. Trying to determine if these "two minute warning" or immediate battery failures are less likely in my later build.
The exact same question and thought popped into my head when I saw Bobby's mention of "Gen 1" batteries. I have a manufacturing date of 09/22 on my AGT. Understanding there's no certainty here but would be nice to have a little more info ... kinda like knowing if I have the gene that predisposes me for Alzheimer's ... kinda like knowing if I have the gene that predisposes me for Alzheimer's

Lol nope. I don’t remember the model but some SUV.

As for the change, tbh, I’m cool with it - I can call around and get the car I want, rather than dealing with whatever Hertz happens to have available. 🤷‍♂️

What would be even better is if these cars that seem to have been sitting on the lot for a very long time could be sent to Service Centers to be used as loaners. If Lucid is producing surplus cars in its batching then some of the cars should be sent out to become a loaner fleet.

1674168058863.png

What would be even better is if these cars that seem to have been sitting on the lot for a very long time could be sent to Service Centers to be used as loaners. If Lucid is producing surplus cars in its batching then some of the cars should be sent out to become a loaner fleet.

View attachment 8860
I agree. MB provides MB loaners, BMW provides BMWs, Tesla provides Teslas, etc. I’m sure it’s been ruled out based on economics and availability, but what will the economics look like when buyers find out that their loaner policy is “go get it yourself for $100 a day and send us the invoice”. To me it feels like a total surrender of aspirational customer service and makes me more sad than irritated. To get the same car that they provided me two weeks ago is $300 a day in my area.

I could accept it if it was “hey, we are having a hard time getting cars right now”, but rolling it out as a policy is frustrating and doesn’t even meet the industry standard of entry level cars.

I’m in the process of writing an email to Lucid. I hope you all do the same.

Not sure of date if manufacture but my car was delivered May of 2022 so an early car and yes I just did have my wunderbox and battery swapped out 3 weeks ago at 13500 miles. Car is back in shop for being dropped when the ramp on the hauler split so seeing if there was damage. As far as the rental they said the policy changed and I was to rent and get reimbursed. Nothing was said about amount but I’m glad a went with enterprise ( 78 bucks per day for a huge ass Ford excursion) rather than a Audi or Merc from another outfit that was more like 150 per day. Seems like some of these changes in policy are rapidly evolving.

I agree. MB provides MB loaners, BMW provides BMWs, Tesla provides Teslas, etc. I’m sure it’s been ruled out based on economics and availability, but what will the economics look like when buyers find out that their loaner policy is “go get it yourself for $100 a day and send us the invoice”. To me it feels like a total surrender of aspirational customer service and makes me more sad than irritated. To get the same car that they provided me two weeks ago is $300 a day in my area.

I could accept it if it was “hey, we are having a hard time getting cars right now”, but rolling it out as a policy is frustrating and doesn’t even meet the industry standard of entry level cars.

They were also getting corporate rates so could provide a better car for cheaper. Now it seems they’ve just wiped their hands of it and we won’t get the same discounts that they were getting.

I am over 300 miles from a service center and one of the threads I will follow closely before I take delivery of the Pure I have on order.

Long term, I suspect the plan is to provde Pures or Tourings as loaners, but that will take time.

Apparently, Millbrae has a new policy of no longer providing loaner cars and it’s now up to the customer to secure a car with a $100 per day limit. The customer can then submit for reimbursement. I’m dealing with this right now and the best I can get is a Buick for that price. No more decent cars showing up on the flat bed when they come to haul yours away for repairs.
IMO...this is a huge mistake. If Lucid wants to play in the luxury space against Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Range Rover, Cadillac, etc. it needs to have a similar loaner policy. While I suspect the user breakdown experience in total for the Lucid is probably better than what we see on this forum, it still shows a need for repairs and loaners.

I do understand that a new car company may need to prioritize its cars for sale but then it should be making an effort to find reasonable alternative loaners and not put the burden on the customer. If the customer brings her car into a dealership, then the loaner should be provided there; if the car company picks the car up at the customer's location, the loaner should be provided at that point.

All the great driving/riding in the world won't help Lucid if it loses on the customer relations front.

Long term, I suspect the plan is to provde Pures or Tourings as loaners, but that will take time.
I would definitely expect that to be the case. I know with Mercedes, they always seemed to make a point to get us in the latest version of one of their models as a loaner to showcase the newest features and try to get us to want the latest and greatest. Is a great strategy to be sure...

What? I haven’t heard of any major change in policy - as far as I know, they still work with Hertz directly.
Any idea if this loaner policy change is limited to the Millbrae SC or is it intended to be implemented company wide?

View attachment 8860
I would rather they keep them low mileage and sell them to new customers. Waste of resources lending Lucid airs out for warranty work.

I disagree, I would rather they keep those cars to sell to other potential customers. Lucid is just a 1 year old company, unlike the others you mentioned. Its not a big deal really! As long as they provide a rental, I'm happy! Actually, Tesla never loaned me a Tesla....they never had enough- guess too many repairs

I’m of two minds of this. I bought one Tesla demonstrator and got 10k off plus free charging and free FSD ( not much value on the last option ) still you could open up a new segment to the market loaning out touring or pures and after 8-12 months then sell at a discount. you might need a few dozen cars and you could then down sell to people who want to trade up to a Lucid from a Y or 3 Tesla

I feel very fortunate. I am at 2,475 miles on my AGT and have not had a single significant issue. Love the car more today than the day I picked it up.
I am 12,800 in and zero issues. Have never been back to the Scottsdale delivery center since I drove off with my new Air GT. Not saying this to gloat on those having issues, but just trying to provide balance and perspective. I hope that Lucid fixes any issues quickly and to the owners satisfaction.

Attachments

• E85F5CFB-CFA3-422E-A10B-305EF6924B91.jpeg
    E85F5CFB-CFA3-422E-A10B-305EF6924B91.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back