Wind noise

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
Yes. Driver side Fl window. Technician adjusted the gasket but that only helped a bit. I think the design needs some work. But not important enough to be a big priority in my opinion

I think we can all agree "Loud" wind noise is very subjective.

My car is not tomb quiet, but what little wind noise I get "at speed" is acceptable to me.
There's also quite a bit of variation from one Lucid to the next. I was fine with my level of wind noise until I took a recent ride in @Bobby's car. His is definitely quieter than mine.

Does anyone hear lot of wind noise when driving above 40-50 mph ?
Yes, even had the tech verify. They adjusted the door and claimed it was fixed. Not so, still the very same. They are wearing me down. Tired of having things fixed only to need fixing again.

While there appear to be some variance among and within trims, I believe Lucid does not presently have a permanent fix. They know it's more than a trivial concern to many owners (myself included), they just don't have a fix and have other priorities, I suspect.

There's also quite a bit of variation from one Lucid to the next. I was fine with my level of wind noise until I took a recent ride in @Bobby's car. His is definitely quieter than mine.
My car is very serene.

In my case, wind noise is audibly excessive on driver side than on passenger side at highway speed especially around upper corner of the door. While driving, I tried to isolate the wind noise. It appeared the noise is coming the seal between the door and the body panel. When I placed the edge of my palm against the door and body panel seal, the wind noise was muffled.

IMG_20240420_071344876_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240420_071414419.jpg

Interesting thread. I have had no wind noise issues but have noticed that, since the Air's cabin is so naturally quiet, any sound that does get in seems loud. I would like to try a dB meter in the car (or just wait for Bjorn Nyland's upcoming reviews). I know my 21" wheels make more noise than the 19s, but not enough to bother me.
A slightly open window will create quite a bit of noise. It's great that in a software controlled car adjustments can be made without tools and taking things apart. Great tip.
Is there a DB spec on the threshold. My noise level in the car is 85DB even after their ‘fix’. Again them claiming it is within spec. I think a call to service is warranted.

I know that Bobby! Wince this post is an active post, I thought I would throw in my $.02.
Since Bobby's solution solved the wind noise problem, why is it the SCs just report it is "within normal specs" or that there is no solution available yet? Surely, they could just implement the protocol you describe. Are there any forum reports of any SC using this procedure to address driver side wind noise? If so, i definitely will request it be done at my SC. Just curious.

Since Bobby's solution solved the wind noise problem, why is it the SCs just report it is "within normal specs" or that there is no solution available yet? Surely, they could just implement the protocol you describe. Are there any forum reports of any SC using this procedure to address driver side wind noise? If so, i definitely will request it be done at my SC. Just curious.
I don’t have an answer for you, but I know that there are two types of approaches to problems: blame or fix. I prefer to be on the fix side of the equation.

I just spent 6 hours at ~80mph over two days in my '23 Air Touring and it was far and away the quietest and most comfortable ride I've ever had in a car.

I don’t have an answer for you, but I know that there are two types of approaches to problems: blame or fix. I prefer to be on the fix side of the equation.
My approach is not to blame -- usually none productive -- but to understand. Moreover, capacity to fix DIY is not universal.

I just spent 6 hours at ~80mph over two days in my '23 Air Touring and it was far and away the quietest and most comfortable ride I've ever had in a car.
It is clear from posts here that the wind noise is NOT a systemic problem in all trims -- that's a good thing. However, for those of us who do experience it, it is a nuisance.
But, not a deal breaker for me!

What? There's a fix to this? Please please do share the post with the solution..direct link to the post would be very much appreciated! I've spent so much time trying to fix this! Waiting for a response and thank you in advance!

What? There's a fix to this? Please please do share the post with the solution..direct link to the post would be very much appreciated! I've spent so much time trying to fix this! Waiting for a response and thank you in advance!
So I've tried the Gummi pfelge and the retorquing technique that Bobby described so I'm assuming there's a third fix that this is referring to.

So I've tried the Gummi pfelge and the retorquing technique that Bobby described so I'm assuming there's a third fix that this is referring to.
Check to see if the trailing edge of the driver’s door sits a little bit proud… May need to move the striker in a couple millimeters.

Check to see if the drilling edge of the drivers door sits a little bit proud… May need to move the striker in a couple millimeters.
Thank you Bobby..I'm trying to understand this a bit better. What does 'drilling edge of driver door' mean? Where is this striker? How do I move this striker? Sounds like this is about a screw not threaded in properly and I have no issues with working on it but please help me understand what to do exactly..I'll owe you a beer case if you can help me fix the only real issue I have with my lucid! Thanks again...

Back