WiFi security/encryption & broadcasting SSID

gtaker

Verified Owner
Come Lucid this shouldn't be the car won't connect to WI-FI unless:
1. SSID is being broadcasted (instead of Hidden)
2, No encryption (WPA2, WPA3 AES)
3. Only 2.4 Ghz no 5Ghz

I hope there is an Update to fix these security issues.

I am able to connect the car to my home network, encrypted WPA3.

Come Lucid this shouldn't be the car won't connect to WI-FI unless:
1. SSID is being broadcasted (instead of Hidden)
2, No encryption (WPA2, WPA3 AES)
3. Only 2.4 Ghz no 5Ghz

I hope there is an Update to fix these security issues.
It connects fine to my encrypted Wi-Fi.

I finally got it to connect but I had to turn the broadcasting the SSID on the 2.4 GHz only there doesn’t seem to be an option to manually enter a hidden SSID and choose a encryption from the car I’m gonna work on trying to get it on 5Ghz hidden SSID are better for security purposes.

I finally got it to connect but I had to turn the broadcasting the SSID on the 2.4 GHz only there doesn’t seem to be an option to manually enter a hidden SSID and choose a encryption from the car I’m gonna work on trying to get it on 5Ghz hidden SSID are better for security purposes.
Do you have cellular service while in your garage? If you do, just bypass the entire Wi-Fi problem. That’s what I do. Also, I do not have to endure the delayed Wi-Fi to cellular handoff issue.

Do you have cellular service while in your garage? If you do, just bypass the entire Wi-Fi problem. That’s what I do. Also, I do not have to endure the delayed Wi-Fi to cellular handoff issue.
This is the way. Personally, I only turn on WiFi in the car when in my garage and I'm expecting an update soon, as my WiFi connection is usually faster than my cellular and I'm rural enough to not worry about someone hacking the WiFi connection.

Back