Why some EV owners went back to ICE

Sort of. We kindly and respectfully discuss Lucid. Not Tesla. We all know Tesla exists, we all considered buying a Tesla instead of our Lucid, but decided not to. This forum is for Lucid owners and enthusiasts. You are neither of those.
I am a Lucid enthusiast if you ever met me in real life and I may not be an owner yet but that will change some day. I still enjoy learning about the car and watching how it evolves. I do apologize if this topic has been thrown off. Let’s focus on charging infrastructure and message of the thread.

I am a Lucid enthusiast if you ever met me in real life and I may not be an owner yet but that will change some day. I still enjoy learning about the car and watching how it evolves. I do apologize if this topic has been thrown off. Let’s focus on charging infrastructure and message of the thread.
Excellent! And let's make sure that when we discuss charging infrastructure, we are discussing how it affects owners and future owners of Lucid vehicles. That's why we are on this particular forum.

You all need to stop dissing me cause I got a tesla. Hmp10 has one too and he kindly and respectfully said he tells his friends that want to go on a road trip that Tesla is the better choice for a road trip and all I said was that I agree Tesla is a nice car for taking to Disneyland from Phoenix.

The race is against ICE both Lucid and Tesla will do well but for now with better charge infrastructure that will likely open to all EVs. Let’s say Tesla opened all its chargers to all Lucid owners tomorrow what would it unlock? You would have safe reliable transport all across the US. We are Allies for the future of electric vehicles.
I haven’t “dissed” you for anything except excessively posting on a LUCID OWNERS FORUM about your Tesla. You’ve purchased two now, so why are you here posting about everything Tesla related. I have nothing against Tesla or their owners. I told you I was happy you found a car you love and I sincerely meant it. I just can’t for the life of me figure out why you’re still here commenting about it.

I think this world has space for both EV ( Lucid,…) and ICE.

My post involved Lucid😊

charging infrastructure is something that effects all electric vehicle people. You folks need to realize Evs are new way of life for everyone. It’s vital to the success of EV.

Something I am curious about is when does Lucid specific charge infrastructure start?

charging infrastructure is something that effects all electric vehicle people. You folks need to realize Evs are new way of life for everyone. It’s vital to the success of EV.

Something I am curious about is when does Lucid specific charge infrastructure start?
Who are "You folks?" Lucid owners? Moderators who receive several complaints each day about your inflammatory posts?

Currently, Tesla supercharger infrastructure does not affect Lucid owners. It may someday, we will see.
For now, since this forum is Lucid-specific, we should confine our EV charging discussions to those portions of the charging system that affect Lucid owners and enthusiasts.
There are many formus on the Internet to discuss EV charging in general. Here are some links for you if you wish to explore them:
I'm sure there are many others out there, but these are the ones I have found most interesting.

This is the exact type of statement that keeps getting you in trouble. Lucid has never once said they intend to build out their own charging network, and they shouldn't have a reason to if EA can get their act together.

This statement is clearly trying to throw shade and not so subtlety touting the 'superior' Tesla charging network...

Just when I thought that you really want to discuss lucid you make a comment about proprietary charging knowing that lucid has open standard ccs and no plans to build own network....

This is the exact type of statement that keeps getting you in trouble. Lucid has never once said they intend to build out their own charging network, and they shouldn't have a reason to if EA can get their act together.

This statement is clearly trying to throw shade and not so subtlety touting the 'superior' Tesla charging network...
Alright I am done on this thread will just observe.

What do you mean by "anti-science faction of our population"? and if it even exists, what does it have to do with EA's failures?

What I meant by that is a general reference to a faction of our population that refuses to believe in data and scientific consensus and loudly hinders progress on things that would potentially make our world a better place.
Part of the reason our charging network is so poor is because of resistance to change and lack of understanding that EV adoption may be considered progress in things like fighting climate change, reducing pollution , and reducing reliance on fossil fuels. Sure EVs bring other environmental problems , that is true.
We have politicians and talking heads incessantly spreading misinformation on line and in the news, and that , in my view, is our main hindrance to progress. These forces are not as vocal in Europe , and I think that is why they are ahead.
EAs failures are related to the fact that there is no incentive to make it better because it’s not a great priority in the USA at the moment. It will come , I am sure.
I probably should have worded it better and it sounds a bit elitist, and I am probably full of crap, but I was grumpy when I wrote it.

It is much easier for small European countries to cover the entire country with chargers. One mistake we made in the US was to allow multiple standards ccs CHAdeMO and tesla to exist. Norway has 75% evs and plans to go all electric in 23. They only have ccs and 400 miles of what they call motor ways.

It is much easier for small European countries to cover the entire country with chargers. One mistake we made in the US was to allow multiple standards ccs CHAdeMO and tesla to exist. Norway has 75% evs and plans to go all electric in 23. They only have ccs and 400 miles of what they call motor ways.

Yes, true; they also have the support of a more enthusiastic population.
I live in a place where EVs are considered blasphemy ; they are despised . It gives me satisfaction to increase people’s blood pressure when I silently pass them.

Last edited:
Even within the USA there is a tremendous disparity in EV adoption and in the charging infrastructure. Why is California so ahead and let’s say Alabama is not? Partly economics and partly the philosophy/education of the population occupying those states. Sorry to all the outstanding people on this forum from Alabama, you inspire me.
It’s remarkable that such a high percentage of new cars sold in Norway are EVs. I cannot imagine the government making that happen here; there will be mass revolt and hysteria.

Even within the USA there is a tremendous disparity in EV adoption and in the charging infrastructure. Why is California so ahead and let’s say Alabama is not? Partly economics and partly the philosophy/education of the population occupying those states. Sorry to all the outstanding people on this forum from Alabama, you inspire me.
It’s remarkable that such a high percentage of new cars sold in Norway are EVs. I cannot imagine the government making that happen here; there will be mass revolt and hysteria.

The sale of gas cars will be banned in Norway in 2025, but the country went electric sooner because... well, they're Norwegians. And they're getting super wealthy selling their oil to others.

Stating the obvious here, but there are two trends that make me worry that it will be difficult to travel long distances reliably with the Lucid in the next few years. The first is how incredibly awful the CCS network is in the US and its improvement is going to be slow, despite Inflation Reduction Act incentives, which haven't even been finalized. The second is the accelerating trend toward purchasing EVs, especially as prices go down and incentives stay in place. This will clearly result in huge demand spots at CCS charging stations, especially if free charging is included in the purchase price. Already, I've noticed that my local EA charger, which six months ago sat generally empty, is almost always full. In the end, this is great for the environment and things will eventually improve, but it's going to be a real struggle to travel in the next year or two.

Not 75% EV, but BEV, PHEV and hybrid. They don’t want 100% gas/diesel on the road and tax heavier to punish them for it on their federal level. It’s their political spin and paradox as they are oil exporter. At least they are doing what they can to reduce carbon footprint. Saudi is going that direction intently.
Yes, true; they also have the support of a more enthusiastic population.
I live in a place where EVs are considered blasphemy ; they are despised . It gives me satisfaction to increase people’s blood pressure when I silently pass them.
I have humorous license plates “TSLA2.0” and “I❤️ELTRK”. outside of city Houston, I have Dodge RAM and F150 trucks just want to cut into my lane made me either brake or go to side of road a few times. I can easily pull away with Lucid Air with speed beyond their speedometer, but I couldn’t with Rivian at their capped speed 115mph.
Economic plays major role. I am currently at Buenos Aires, Argentina right now. I rode 3 hours open top city bus yesterday looping city. I saw very little EVs and ZERO Tesla. And the EVs I saw have no DCFC capability, but only level-2 at home.
The sale of gas cars will be banned in Norway in 2025, but the country went electric sooner because... well, they're Norwegians. And they're getting super wealthy selling their oil to others.

Stating the obvious here, but there are two trends that make me worry that it will be difficult to travel long distances reliably with the Lucid in the next few years. The first is how incredibly awful the CCS network is in the US and its improvement is going to be slow, despite Inflation Reduction Act incentives, which haven't even been finalized. The second is the accelerating trend toward purchasing EVs, especially as prices go down and incentives stay in place. This will clearly result in huge demand spots at CCS charging stations, especially if free charging is included in the purchase price. Already, I've noticed that my local EA charger, which six months ago sat generally empty, is almost always full. In the end, this is great for the environment and things will eventually improve, but it's going to be a real struggle to travel in the next year or two.
As of now, EV is mostly intra-city vehicle unless you have Lucid Air for range or Tesla for SCN. I see European making some neighborhood street lamp posts as Level-2 charging station at shoulder of street, it makes a lot of sense as home builts before 1900s’ don’t even have gusher or driveway as mass production car wasn’t even invented back then.

There’s definitely a social attitude component to it. I was in Chattanooga TN this Christmas (I grew up there), and that is there the ID4 and future VW EVs will be built. It has literally created thousands of jobs and tremendous development in the area. TN also has super cheap electricity as TVA power is nuclear, so you could charge at home for a fraction of what it costs me in Rhode Island, in fact it’s so cheap it makes solar a bad idea. That also means EV charging stations might actually be profitable because the grid energy is so cheap.

….and yet in spite of those things there is not a large charging infrastructure because nobody drives EVs there. I saw zero ID4 the entire time I was there, and maybe 1 Tesla a day. And people drive FAST there too, and EVs are fast, and fun, would be stupid cheap to charge, and yet nobody there wants them. You will however notice that probably half the vehicles are large trucks and half of those have some variant of the “I identify as a Prius” bumper sticker. I’m pretty sure they won’t adopt EVs out of spite because of California banning the sale of NEW ICE cars a decade from now.

I see European making some neighborhood street lamp posts as Level-2 charging station at shoulder of street, it makes a lot of sense as home builts before 1900s’ don’t even have gusher or driveway as mass production car wasn’t even invented back then.
gusher = garage*

….and yet in spite of those things there is not a large charging infrastructure because nobody drives EVs there. I saw zero ID4 the entire time I was there, and maybe 1 Tesla a day. And people drive FAST there too, and EVs are fast, and fun, would be stupid cheap to charge, and yet nobody there wants them. You will however notice that probably half the vehicles are large trucks and half of those have some variant of the “I identify as a Prius” bumper sticker. I’m pretty sure they won’t adopt EVs out of spite because of California banning the sale of NEW ICE cars a decade from now.
Some parts of America is so backward just like most parts of South America.

I believe in choice. EV or ICE or hydrogen fuel cell, let the market decide. From what I have read on the subject, including a recent study commissioned by Rivian and Polestar, there is not a significant difference in carbon and particulate output, between ICE and EVs, when all aspects of production, daily use and recycling are added together. Most electricity still comes from non renewable, unclean sources. In fact, even if all vehicles were EVs, the feared 1.5 degree C warming will likely occur. Thus I don't believe that my Lucid is anything more than a fun driving machine. I am not saving the planet, I am having fun driving. That is why I purchased it. Our government, is trying to force us away from ICE vehicles, by regulatory fiat, and tax incentives, that favor EVs over all other vehicles. What if there is a better alternative that would accomplish the personal transportation needs of people? Governments should not pick winners and losers. If the charging infrastructure remains terrible, then people won't adopt EVs as quickly as regulators would like. It should be a personal choice. EVs are not for everyone, everywhere, all at once.

there is not a significant difference in carbon and particulate output, between ICE and EVs, when all aspects of production, daily use and recycling are added together. Most electricity still comes from non renewable, unclean sources. In fact, even if all vehicles were EVs, the feared 1.5 degree C warming will likely occur.
See, there’s an issue with this line of logic: that it doesn’t entirely fix the problem doesn’t mean it doesn’t contribute to the solution. It doesn’t have to be binary.

Over time, more and more energy will go renewable; solar, wind, nuclear, etc. Mine is already entirely renewable. As a result, over time, EVs will become more and more emission-free, helping to contribute to the possible prevention of the impending climate crisis.

The sum of our efforts can be greater than the individual parts, just like masking and vaccinating didn’t “solve” COVID, but definitely contributed to reducing the spread while we learned about the disease.

Bike helmets don’t “solve” bike accidents, but prevent certain types of trauma and injury.

Seatbelts and airbags don’t prevent all vehicle fatalities, but contribute to the safety of passengers and drivers within their vehicles.

A little can go a long way, and EVs are inherently less polluting than ICE vehicles, by definition. In combination with energy becoming more renewable over time, we can make an impact.

Back