Why is Lucid not going to this Expo?

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
There is an ‘Electrify Expo’ on August 12-13 at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. You can see from the screenshot below that Lucid is conspicuously absent, but not many other EV makers. If true, this is a missed opportunity for Lucid to capture the attention of precisely the audience they’re after. Hopefully they will be among other brands to be announced.

IMG_3566.png

There is an ‘Electrify Expo’ on August 12-13 at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. You can see from the screenshot below that Lucid is conspicuously absent, but not many other EV makers. If true, this is a missed opportunity for Lucid to capture the attention of precisely the audience they’re after. Hopefully they will be among other brands to be announced.

View attachment 14147
It does seem like they miss opportunities for attracting new customers.

Went to the DC expo, and thought the same thing. Saw polestar, kia, lexus, and got to test drive all of them. But not a single Lucid. I even thought of bringing mine to the showoff section. Missed opportunity for sure

Agreed on the missed opportunity assessment. The team did show up to two car show events on the north shore and one event out in the Hamptons but this good event not to miss. Even if they show up unofficially to pass out studio locations or host a meet and greet at the new service center in Plainview it could lead to some buzz and sales.

Lucid was at the Austin Electrify Expo last fall and had one of the best attended booths and the longest lines for test drives. They should definitely continue showcasing the brand at similar events…

Lucid, you need to start being present at some of these events please. My word of mouth sales pitches and car showings are apparently not enough to keep boosting those sales… 😂

The irony is that their Manhasset Studio is relatively close to the Nassau Coliseum. Hopefully they will still show up.

I went to the Austin Electrify Expo. I was impressed by Lucid show case. They have longest line to test drive compare to Kia and BMW.

I didn’t see Rivian booth, but their owners club showed up and made a big convoy parking lot presence.

Yeah, so the Electrify Expo is happening in Miami this weekend. I'm heading out there with an EV Rally and will have my car on the show floor!

Hoping to see @mylucidmiami there as well (we can have matching rims!). I asked the customer service assistant manager about the event and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to why Lucid isn't going to be there.

We went to the Miami event last year, and Lucid had both a display and test drives. I didn't have my GT yet, and wanted to go for a test drive, but all the reservations for the day were already full! I remember speaking with one of the reps telling her how excited I was to get my car.
I'm disappointed to see that Lucid will not be there officially. I do see Tesla will be there. They were not there last year. The Miami event is this weekend. Still not sure if we're going. Unbelievably hot here this week still.

We are bringing our Lucid with a whole new wrap design to the Miami Expo! Excited to meet you!

Exciting EV lineup at Electrify Expo, eagerly anticipating Lucid's presence to complete the showcase!

Exciting EV lineup at Electrify Expo, eagerly anticipating Lucid's presence to complete the showcase!
Lucid was apparently at last years expo and opted out this year. My car did attract an insane amount of attention today especially when I opened it up… I had to tell everyone I wasn’t a Lucid rep and note I had no idea where they were.

Also had an overload of people I had to ask not to get in my car…

Lucid was apparently at last years expo and opted out this year. My car did attract an insane amount of attention today especially when I opened it up… I had to tell everyone I wasn’t a Lucid rep and note I had no idea where they were.

Also had an overload of people I had to ask not to get in my car…
I have been shocked at the boldness of some individuals who move to sit in the car when shown. The expo must have worsened that because I have only had one individual sit in my car without asking.

I have been shocked at the boldness of some individuals who move to sit in the car when shown. The expo must have worsened that because I have only had one individual sit in my car without asking.
I think it’s because the expo made it hard to distinguish between the “show off” cars (personal) and OEM cars :(. Didn’t make it easy.

I’ll be posting a few more photos through out the day on my instagram if anyone is interested: https://instagram.com/thecodingart

I know @mylucidmiami wanted to open up their doors today (let me know if you have any do enter signs I can borrow @mylucidmiami 🥹). I imagine they’ll have some pictures too.

Back