1987 Porsche 959 -- 3.6 seconds.
1989 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 -- 4.5 seconds
1986 Porsche 911 Turbo -- 4.6 seconds
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 -- 4.8 seconds
1987 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet -- 4.9 seconds
1981 Ferrari 512BB -- 5.0 seconds
1985 Ferrari Testarossa -- 5.0 seconds
1985 Ferrari 288GTO -- 5.0 seconds
True, when compared to supercars/sport cars it falters(I’ll note those are late eighties cars). However, among many “regular” cars, was it not average? The price tag certainly didn’t suggest it, but I always thought the delorean wasn’t trying to be a supercar.

The Delorean made a great anchor.

True, when compared to supercars/sport cars it falters(I’ll note those are late eighties cars). However, among many “regular” cars, was it not average? The price tag certainly didn’t suggest it, but I always thought the delorean wasn’t trying to be a supercar.

I don't think DeLorean buyers were average car buyers.

I don't think DeLorean buyers were average car buyers.
First one was sold to Johnny Carson. For you youngsters ... do you know Johnny Carson? He's the new guy who took over for Jack Parr.

after all, I'm no mind reader.....
1708381927419.jpeg

1708382091573.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s not quite right. Nothing told them which bays were working or not, nor did it tell them the entire station was being serviced - they mention that in their narrative.

That is very right. They are misinforming the public, and they are not looking at a Tesla phone app or the in-car navigation.

Here's an example of how they could glance at the navigation inside their Cybertruck. It says this station has 16 stalls. 2 are available, and 1 is out of order, stall number 3D

supercharger.jpg

Notice that the stalls don't have "Out of order" signs in real life. One stall just looks like another stall. You have to get availability and out-of-order stall number information from the Navigation to avoid, in this case, 3D.

It is not hard to look at the screen, but those people just ask each other which to choose instead of looking at the Navigation display.

That is very right. They are misinforming the public, and they are not looking at a Tesla phone app or the in-car navigation.

Here's an example of how they could glance at the navigation inside their Cybertruck. It says this station has 16 stalls. 2 are available, and 1 is out of order, stall number 3D

supercharger.jpg

Notice that the stalls don't have "Out of order" signs in real life. One stall just looks like another stall. You have to get availability and out-of-order stall number information from the Navigation to avoid, in this case, 3D.

It is not hard to look at the screen, but those people just ask each other which to choose instead of looking at the Navigation display.
No, they say the car did not tell them the station was in service or which stalls were available.

I haven't thought about Art Fern for a long, long time.
For you youngsters, that's one of the greatest ball players of all time...equal to Ted Williams. There is GREAT documentary about Yogi
on Netflix.
1708437842448.jpeg

What's in your championship ring wallet?

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it."

there is no hidden agenda in baseball (since the Black Sox). Be of good cheer.

Last edited:
And Yogi played in a tougher ballpark than Fenway, Yankee Stadium. A short right field porch sure, but other dimensions were very tough. Centerfield, when the monuments were actually on the field, was ridiculous.

No, they say the car did not tell them the station was in service or which stalls were available.

I can't find where they said specifically it was the truck that did not tell them. At 6:49 James said, "it turns out the station we picked was being serviced, but it didn't tell us that or which ones were working and which ones weren't." Since the antecedent noun was the "station", normal usage would suggest "it" referred back to "station". Maybe James thought there should have been some signage at the station itself?

I didn't find any mention of looking on the truck screen for information about the station. They never mentioned how they found the station, although one might reasonably assume they used the charge locator menu in the truck. So . . . what other means did they use to find the station or, if they used the truck's locator feature, why didn't it display the out-of-service information?

I have no interest at all in Tesla. When I saw the Cyber Truck I thought it was just a marketing gimmick.
You guys forced me to watch this video (do like those guys...glad I did). This "Truck" ... It's even worse than I thought.

hmp10 makes a point

Do the reviewers, should the reviewers, read the owner's manual, and school-up on EV charging, before they post a review?

... because it seems to me, none of them do. I learned a lot about EVs / charging / how to drive them, from this:

Gotta love some Yogi…..

IMG_9493.jpeg

Also, talking about all these other cars reminds me of the best looking EV to date
which was the Fisker, absolutely stunning but a steaming pile overall.

For you youngsters, that's one of the greatest ball players of all time...equal to Ted Williams. There is GREAT documentary about Yogi
on Netflix.
View attachment 18519
What's in your championship ring wallet?

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it."

there is no hidden agenda in baseball (since the Black Sox). Be of good cheer.
The Netflix documentary on Yogi is a must-watch. He was and is the most underrated player to have played the game.

Quote from the video:

"It turns out the station that we picked was being serviced. But it didn't tell us that or which ones were working and which ones weren't. But finally, through trial and error, one of them started working."

It's a disservice to hide that the info is not physically posted on the stalls but in the Navigation and Phone App.

Worse, it reported that it did "trial and error" instead of glancing at the Navigation or the Phone App as if we should copy its method of guessing instead of informed charging.

It's incomplete information to report that "It turns out the station that we picked was being serviced. But it didn't tell us that or which ones were working and which ones weren't." because, again, physically, all working and broken stalls physically look alike. You must look for the info in the Navigation or the phone app.

They reported without giving proof that their Navigation or phone app said something like "55 of 55 stalls available."

Here's another one from my phone app this morning:

It says, "66 of 76 stalls available

2A, 2D, 6A, 7C, 8C, 8D, 10D, 11A, 11D, 18D out of order"

Although 10 stalls were out of order is a huge number but there are still 66 more available.

This is also how uninformed the public think that Tesla doesn't have any broken chargers because, physically, they all look the same, whether broken or good.

They need to be informed that "trial and error" is the wrong way to assess the status of Superchargers: You need to get the info from the Navigation or Phone App!

lGkR3ym.jpg

Quote from the video:

"It turns out the station that we picked was being serviced. But it didn't tell us that or which ones were working and which ones weren't. But finally, through trial and error, one of them started working."

It's a disservice to hide that the info is not physically posted on the stalls but in the Navigation and Phone App.

Worse, it reported that it did "trial and error" instead of glancing at the Navigation or the Phone App as if we should copy its method of guessing instead of informed charging.

It's incomplete information to report that "It turns out the station that we picked was being serviced. But it didn't tell us that or which ones were working and which ones weren't." because, again, physically, all working and broken stalls physically look alike. You must look for the info in the Navigation or the phone app.

They reported without giving proof that their Navigation or phone app said something like "55 of 55 stalls available."

Here's another one from my phone app this morning:

It says, "66 of 76 stalls available

2A, 2D, 6A, 7C, 8C, 8D, 10D, 11A, 11D, 18D out of order"

Although 10 stalls were out of order is a huge number but there are still 66 more available.

This is also how uninformed the public think that Tesla doesn't have any broken chargers because, physically, they all look the same, whether broken or good.

They need to be informed that "trial and error" is the wrong way to assess the status of Superchargers: You need to get the info from the Navigation or Phone App!

lGkR3ym.jpg
I mean, there are a lot of assumptions on your part, but they also did not clarify whether or not they used the app, in-car nav, or what to determine the location of the Supercharger station. However, if you look at the video, prior to arriving at their destination they were using in-car nav. It could be assumed that the nav screwed up and took them to a station which was out of service. Who really knows, but there have been reports of down stations not being updated also. The Tesla charging experience is amazing, but not flawless.

Munroe is one of those typical YouTubers who will offer an opinion on literally anything if asked. I’m most interested in what genuinely qualified experts have to offer. I’ll give him credit that he is more of an expert than me on all things automotive, but he’s also been shown to make all sorts of off the cuff claims to get clicks then end up being wrong and then he’ll spin it in a different way to save face. I still don’t see how any of his evidence-free remarks mean Lucid will go bankrupt right in the middle of an expansion phase when there seems to be enough financial support to get Gravity out there. What’s Sandy’s solution? Lucid stop using capital to expand to build a more mass-market vehicle? Should they just quit? There’s so many arm chair CEOs out there who are full of opinions and criticism but then if you ask them “OK what would YOU do then?”, they have no solutions. They’re not makers, they’re just talkers.

Back