What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

Does anyone know if we can or will be able to pull trip logs from the car or from the app? I think that may be a nice feature. I know other car brands have the ability to see trip logs on thier respective apps. I find it very useful for business trips, etc. I use MileIQ as it is, but would be a nice feature, especially if it kept tabs of efficiency, or kwh/mi kind of thing. Just a thought.

Is there any word on getting an app for WearOS? It'd be nice to connect to the car through my Galaxy watch, like the Apple folks can do.

Unfortunately, a lot of developers forget to test on the iPhone 8-sized screen. It's the same size as the iPhone SE, which is still being sold now. So there's really no excuse.
To be fair, the app isn’t designed in a particular great way for aspect fitting all device sizes. A downfall of using that center vehicle image to fill up the screen. I’m sure they can make it work and “hopefully” that screen at least scrolls (and that’s clear).

Nope. Does not scroll or zoom in/out via pinch gesture
Have you tried to see if zoom is enabled either under settings, display & brightness or accessibility, zoom (set to off)? Just a long shot but thought I would throw that in. Otherwise, it's the app and the developers did not take the smaller screen size into consideration.

Have you tried to see if zoom is enabled either under
That was it! The default view was Zoomed. After changing to Standard, I can see the buttons now. Now I'll have to get used to everything being so small o_O !

That was it! The default view was Zoomed. After changing to Standard, I can see the buttons now. Now I'll have to get used to everything being so small o_O !
If we want to be complete about it, the app should function with the zoom turned on as well. It's an accessibility issue. Lots of people have a hard time interpreting their screen at the default size. Unfortunately, accessibility is often treated as an afterthought.

You should not have to adapt to the app. The app should adapt to you.

If the view scrolled at least when zoomed, they'd be fine. Not having it scroll is a bug. I'd write to customer service and (politely) request they address it.

If we want to be complete about it, the app should function with the zoom turned on as well. It's an accessibility issue. Lots of people have a hard time interpreting their screen at the default size. Unfortunately, accessibility is often treated as an afterthought.

You should not have to adapt to the app. The app should adapt to you.

If the view scrolled at least when zoomed, they'd be fine. Not having it scroll is a bug. I'd write to customer service and (politely) request they address it.
True, paging @Firstto520 and @mcr16

Don't know if this was brought up in the previous pages, I really don't want to re-confirm everything I select on the app. When I hit "open frunk", why should I press a second button to say "oh yeah, I am sure I want to open the frunk"?

Don't know if this was brought up in the previous pages, I really don't want to re-confirm everything I select on the app. When I hit "open frunk", why should I press a second button to say "oh yeah, I am sure I want to open the frunk"?
I see your point, for sure, but I raise you the accidental tap and then your frunk hits a cement block in the garage you parked in because you really meant open trunk, or whatever. That's why that's there; just to ensure you don't accidentally hurt the car since it's easy to mis-tap on a phone screen.

I see your point, for sure, but I raise you the accidental tap and then your frunk hits a cement block in the garage you parked in because you really meant open trunk, or whatever. That's why that's there; just to ensure you don't accidentally hurt the car since it's easy to mis-tap on a phone screen.
Good point. I always thought the reason Tesla asks “Are you sure?” Is that the frunk doesn’t have auto-close. So if my car is parked at the airport, and I accidentally tap the open frunk button, I’d have an open frunk until I got home.

The Air has a button to close the frunk again, so less of an issue. But the idea that the frunk might hit something on the way up is a good reason to have the confirmation. At least as an option. Maybe in the future, they’ll add an option to turn off the warning, for those who like to live dangerously.

Ok, but the app also insists on re-confirming unlocking the car too. If I accidentally tap that button, I can just lock it.

Come to think of it, if the designer wants to be particularly confident that someone is not accidentally tapping on a button, there are ways to go about it without making it cumbersome. For example, double tap could be a mechanism that is very unlikely to be accidentally done, and it doesn't take another iteration of interaction.

How about pre-conditioning the battery for charging in the car? This one requires a confirmation too. I would argue this one is an actual safety hazard because it forces the driver to keep eyes off the road for that extra interaction.

Ok, but the app also insists on re-confirming unlocking the car too. If I accidentally tap that button, I can just lock it.

Come to think of it, if the designer wants to be particularly confident that someone is not accidentally tapping on a button, there are ways to go about it without making it cumbersome. For example, double tap could be a mechanism that is very unlikely to be accidentally done, and it doesn't take another iteration of interaction.

How about pre-conditioning the battery for charging in the car? This one requires a confirmation too. I would argue this one is an actual safety hazard because it forces the driver to keep eyes off the road for that extra interaction.
The reason preconditioning requires confirmation is that it reduces range; if you’re tight on making it to a charger, you may not want to precondition lest you don’t make it.

But I agree, I should be able to agree once.

The reason preconditioning requires confirmation is that it reduces range; if you’re tight on making it to a charger, you may not want to precondition lest you don’t make it.
I heard this from a Tesla Model S taxi driver in Sweden that when he puts in a super charger site as destination in navigation, the car will automatically initiate preconditioning the battery for the charging session. Presumably the car will factor in the distance and traffic condition to time it as well.

I wonder if Lucid has such a feature in its navigation. If not, it is well worth it to add.

I heard this from a Tesla Model S taxi driver in Sweden that when he puts in a super charger site as destination in navigation, the car will automatically initiate preconditioning the battery for the charging session. Presumably the car will factor in the distance and traffic condition to time it as well.

I wonder if Lucid has such a feature in its navigation. If not, it is well worth it to add.
I am of the impression that it already has that feature.

Sorry, better trip planning. Take a page from Rivian. Show chargers, how many, what network, how many available.
Not an EV driver yet (perhaps by mid-Oct, but that is another story... buying an Air isn't a clear process, sigh)... but that said, everthing I've seen is that "trip planning" is hard, and there are entire companies that exist and do a decent job (far better than Lucid can do on its own, it has MUCH bigger fish to fry in the software area)... no, I'd rather that they hooked up with ABRP (and others) to have the car provide SOC (etc) info to those apps in real time and use those other apps' route planning in an integrated fashion...

Back