What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

You can turn off your mobile key, or if you are always close to the car you can lock it twice with the fob and it will disable proximity sensing until you are far enough away for a while. Otherwise how would you be able to tell it to unlock “for real” when you want it to? That would defeat the purpose of the mobile key.

If you push the door handle once, it should notice you and open if it hadn’t already.
Hi, Borski. Thanks for the quick responses. I will mess with the fob double lock and see how that plays out.

Regarding the “how would the car know if I want in for real” issue…..you make a great point (which I did consider under the banner of “be careful what you ask for”), but would it not make sense to have a simple toggle on the app to disable the prox feature until you touch a handle? Minor stuff, I love this car. But enough peeps seem to be griping about this issue.

1. Manage & provide access to additional drivers via cell phone app/key with their own profiles.
2. Scheduled charging…I can’t charge at home before midnight due to my EV-TOU thru SDG&E.
3. Charging stats daily, monthly & annually i.e. home, work & other for business consumption purposes. Currently only has stats for Electrify America charging sessions.
4. Valet mode - limit speed, remove access to glove box.
5. Security camera live viewing and alerts.
6. Preconditioning of heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel.
7. Dog/camp mode for people who want to stay in the climatized vehicle when the driver & phone/key exit the vehicle for a period of time.
8. Integrate the merchandise store into the app.
9. Add credit card account for merchandise purchases, charging fees, etc.
10. Tire PSI when vehicle is asleep.
11. Quicker wake up and cell phone app/key recognition when approaching vehicle.
12. Software version for vehicle.
13. Raise/lower window sun shades.
14. Book service or inquire thru app.
15. Apple car play.

Hi, Borski. Thanks for the quick responses. I will mess with the fob double lock and see how that plays out.

Regarding the “how would the car know if I want in for real” issue…..you make a great point (which I did consider under the banner of “be careful what you ask for”), but would it not make sense to have a simple toggle on the app to disable the prox feature until you touch a handle? Minor stuff, I love this car. But enough peeps seem to be griping about this issue.
I guess at that point wouldn’t you just manually unlock the car with the app then?

I have a Ford mustang MachE full electric car, and I love the features in app and supported by car. I would expect same in Lucid too:

1. Windows up/down control from app
2. Enabling security mode only when required (I can disable it when parked in garage to save battery charge)
3. Charge setting based on location - I can set it to different % charging based on locations saved
4. Departure setting - I can set the date/time on all seven days my departure time and what condition the car should be in like warm or cold.
5. Apple car play
6. Security camera live viewing and alerts.
7.Charging stats daily, monthly & annually i.e. home, work. etc

With regards,
Satya Malladi

Does anyone know if/when the next (meaningful) update will push or if there is a loose schedule for them?

Does anyone know if/when the next (meaningful) update will push or if there is a loose schedule for them?
There is no externally published schedule, they just show up. And they don't go out to every car at once, they go in smaller groups, so if you hear that there's a new update being distributed, you may get yours "soon".

Turn on the seat heat and steering wheel heat using the app (I live in Wisconsin)! My Tesla app allowed that and I currently greatly miss that feature

In addition to saving (a date/time stamped) the tire pressure from the last known value, the same should be true for the car location! Imagine pulling into an underground garage and losing GPS signal... or (as is currently the case) having a car that is "offline" (its in the body shop... I hope... sure wish I could at least see its exact last known to the server location and date/time stamp)... could also be important as a part of theft recovery...

Precondition the battery from the app! This would be hugely useful in cold climates so you could precondition while plugged in thus leaving with a warm battery but not using your car’s state of charge to precondition. This feature makes so much sense that the manager at my Lucid service center thought the car had that feature in the app, and was surprised to learn it doesn’t do that.

Precondition the battery from the app! This would be hugely useful in cold climates so you could precondition while plugged in thus leaving with a warm battery but not using your car’s state of charge to precondition. This feature makes so much sense that the manager at my Lucid service center thought the car had that feature in the app, and was surprised to learn it doesn’t do that.
Very useful feature!

Says you need to go to car, but rather there is some distance and time to get to your car and you know you will go to charger station, rather than go to your car to precondition, “precondition” now from mobile app, then ready to go to charger station.

In Rivian, whenever you go to a destination that is a DC fast charger or WayPoint that is DC Fast charge, car auto precondition 20 minutes prior to destination without asking. Lucid would prompt to you Yes/No if you want to precondition. This was later 2022 updated feature. But I think car should be smart enough and not even prompt to ask.

Stealing from Rivian mobile app..

>>>>> For emergency access
- Sound alarm
- Open all windows

14E56C98-7C00-4BF7-B78B-ADC0BD38AED2.jpeg

>>>>> In mobile app main menu, add simple FAQ section below User Manual

8C9F990B-BFD9-4C35-8B58-669E3420A892.jpeg

>>>>> Remote warm up seats and/or steering wheel
A7C8B1A9-B7CB-404D-AE7A-4D2D048509C6.jpeg

>>>>> Assign each key to different profile. Lucid Air came with 2 fob and 2 valet key card for access recognition and profile setting.
C419934D-B926-4CAF-89E8-1E0B3838909A.jpeg

Have charging history at home, currently only have EA charging history.
15CB7ABC-273D-4898-A666-C4D174CDD421.jpeg

>>>>> Service Center booking resquest and invoice history.
EE71BC5F-D4B4-4855-AA8D-5F515A6D4A2F.png

Yes, that’s alot of suggestion requests and I don’t expect Lucid mobile app to cover all, but more features the merrier for all owners.

Cheers!

Stealing from Rivian mobile app..

>>>>> For emergency access
- Sound alarm
- Open all windows

>>>>> In mobile app main menu, add simple FAQ section below User Manual

>>>>> Remote warm up seats and/or steering wheel

>>>>> Assign each key to different profile. Lucid Air came with 2 fob and 2 valet key card for access recognition and profile setting.

Have charging history at home, currently only have EA charging history.

>>>>> Service Center booking resquest and invoice history.

Cheers!
I assume Rivian has tire pressure and navigation destination input?

I assume Rivian has tire pressure and navigation destination input?
It doesn’t give TPMS info on phone app, you have to get that info from instrument cluster when driving.

It has destination input from mobile app. It shows every available network charger availability, speed and price (EVGo, ChargePoint, Volta, EVConnect…etc), except Electrify America, it doesn’t give charge info of EA saying out of network.
0F5C82EA-F7FA-47A8-8188-22A2B595F484.png

It doesn’t give TPMS info on phone app, you have to get that info from instrument cluster when driving.

It has destination input from mobile app. It shows every available network charger availability, speed and price (EVGo, ChargePoint, Volta, EVConnect…etc), except Electrify America, it doesn’t give charge info of EA saying out of network.
The nav input is nice.
I have tire pressure on the EQS phone app but no nav.

I just got an update to 1.29.0 of the iOS app.. Description said bug fixes; haven't noticed anything different yet.

I still get the spinning circle when searching for a destination.

I just got an update to 1.29.0 of the iOS app.. Description said bug fixes; haven't noticed anything different yet.

I still get the spinning circle when searching for a destination.
That version updated car color to match your cor.

Back