What to look for, request, and do when picking up your Lucid

PacificallyLucid

Reaction score
Cars
Jag XF, Lucid Air Pure
We pick up our Lucid Air Pure on Monday. This is our first Lucid, and our first EV. What should I look for when receiving this beautiful vehicle? I will obviously do a visual inspection, and there is some orientation with the car, but is there anything to look out for? I am trying to avoid having to call about something when we take it home that could have been dealt with during the reception of the vehicle, or something that could have been added. I have requested from the sales person to have the Bear decal placed on the car. I tried to get them to supply me with a 14-30 plug instead of the 14-50 (since I already have the 14-30 wiring installed--for something else), but I wasn't successful with that. Are there some defects that might be missed that I should look out for? We are from the Southern California San Bernardino Mountains.

There is a lot to go over with you, so I'm sure you'll forget some of it. Have the delivery person set up your fobs and mobile keys, and make sure they work. Whoever is the primary driver should set up first, since there's some settings that only that driver can control. Also set up the app on your phones. You can access the manual on the pilot panel in the car or in the app if you forget where something is. I know I referred to it a lot the first couple months I had the car. There are a lot of things that aren't obvious.
I'm not an expert on this, but I don't think the 14-30 is sufficient for charging the car. You might even look into installing a charger at some point.

We pick up our Lucid Air Pure on Monday. This is our first Lucid, and our first EV. What should I look for when receiving this beautiful vehicle? I will obviously do a visual inspection, and there is some orientation with the car, but is there anything to look out for? I am trying to avoid having to call about something when we take it home that could have been dealt with during the reception of the vehicle, or something that could have been added. I have requested from the sales person to have the Bear decal placed on the car. I tried to get them to supply me with a 14-30 plug instead of the 14-50 (since I already have the 14-30 wiring installed--for something else), but I wasn't successful with that. Are there some defects that might be missed that I should look out for? We are from the Southern California San Bernardino Mountains.

Check this list:

There is a lot to go over with you, so I'm sure you'll forget some of it. Have the delivery person set up your fobs and mobile keys, and make sure they work. Whoever is the primary driver should set up first, since there's some settings that only that driver can control. Also set up the app on your phones. You can access the manual on the pilot panel in the car or in the app if you forget where something is. I know I referred to it a lot the first couple months I had the car. There are a lot of things that aren't obvious.
I'm not an expert on this, but I don't think the 14-30 is sufficient for charging the car. You might even look into installing a charger at some point.
Thank you. For you help. I will definitely make a list with this.

A 14-30 outlet is enough for us. It can handle a 32 amp load so not as quick as the 14-50 (48 amp load), but it will do the job. I checked the wiring, and it is good for that load. A 14-50 would require new wiring which, as you suggest, means I would be better off installing the direct connection (up to 80 amp load). Most of the charging will be at work, which is very inexpensive, so home will not be the main charge location.

Check this list:
Just checked this list. Fantastic! Thank you. I have a pdf I can refer to and check-off when we go.

Back