What MpKW for rated range?

Dsk101867

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure AWD
So my lifetime MpKW is about 3.1 (about 3,000 miles to date).

Does anyone know what the MpKW needs to be in order to hit the rated range? That would be really helpful information.

And I can't remember who did it, but the Siri command to calculate true range is absolutely fantastic, every Lucid owner should be using it.

Does anyone know what the MpKW needs to be in order to hit the rated range? That would be really helpful information.

And I can't remember who did it, but the Siri command to calculate true range is absolutely fantastic, every Lucid owner should be using it.
What car/wheel combo do you have?

For some reason, 4.6 is sticking in my head. But that might just be for my car and configuration

For some reason, 4.6 is sticking in my head. But that might just be for my car and configuration
4.6 is for a GT on 19” wheels

It's simple to figure out:

Find the specs for your model at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Air#Models
That says Air Pure battery capacity is 88 kWh. I think I remember there's some nuance to that with different versions of the Pure, but we'll go with it for now.
Your EPA rated range on 19" rims with OEM A/S tires is 410 miles.
410 miles / 88 kWh = 4.66 mi/kWh.

The EPA tests are not currently very representative of normal driving. However, you can do much better than 3.1 depending on (primarily):
1. Your speed. The most efficient zone is around 55mph. I know that's not fun and I don't suggest you spend all your time there, but keep in mind efficiency drops exponentially with speed. If you're planning on hypermiling on a road trip, pop on that cruise control to 65mph or whatever is safe, get in the slow lane, relax. Day to day, don't worry about it.
2. Your acceleration. It may be obvious, but it's hard to resist. Don't floor it from every light if you want the best mileage. Be gentle.
3.. Weather. Low temps are not good for range. Rain is not good for range.
4. Tire pressure. Use a real tire gauge, keep your tires at the recommended levels. Or potentially even higher, depending on which tires you have.

EPA efficiency is achievable, but don't try to achieve it as a daily average or you'll have no fun.

It's simple to figure out:

Find the specs for your model at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Air#Models
That says Air Pure battery capacity is 88 kWh. I think I remember there's some nuance to that with different versions of the Pure, but we'll go with it for now.
Your EPA rated range on 19" rims with OEM A/S tires is 410 miles.
410 miles / 88 kWh = 4.66 mi/kWh.

The EPA tests are not currently very representative of normal driving. However, you can do much better than 3.1 depending on (primarily):
1. Your speed. The most efficient zone is around 55mph. I know that's not fun and I don't suggest you spend all your time there, but keep in mind efficiency drops exponentially with speed. If you're planning on hypermiling on a road trip, pop on that cruise control to 65mph or whatever is safe, get in the slow lane, relax. Day to day, don't worry about it.
2. Your acceleration. It may be obvious, but it's hard to resist. Don't floor it from every light if you want the best mileage. Be gentle.
3.. Weather. Low temps are not good for range. Rain is not good for range.
4. Tire pressure. Use a real tire gauge, keep your tires at the recommended levels. Or potentially even higher, depending on which tires you have.

EPA efficiency is achievable, but don't try to achieve it as a daily average or you'll have no fun.

I drive mostly locally, keep it in smooth 99% of the time, and do not accelerate crazily (most of the time 😈).

Granted, we had a cold winter in NJ, but I feel like I should be far higher than 3.1 given how I drive. Car is going in for service this weekend for drivers side noise/air leaking, they are going to run diagnostics to see why I'm lower than expected.

Back