Max range indictor is low - AIR GT

itsalqarni

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Hey folks,

I bought an Air GT 3 months ago and its a fantastic ride. I do have a question for fellow GT owners; what's the max range indicator on a 100% charge?
I couldn't help but notice mine is maxed on 406 miles where its supposed to be 469 miles

Note: I have a 21' wheels
Note: I understand actual achievable range is 15%-20% less than the EPA estimates but I am specifically asking about the max range indicator on a 100% charge

Thanks!

Something is odd here. It should be showing 469 at 100% charge for a GT with 21" wheels. It seems to be showing the max range for a Touring or Pure rather than GT. I always display battery charge in %SOC so I do not really look at this. I would email customer care and ask about it.

Upvote 0
Something is odd here. It should be showing 469 at 100% charge for a GT with 21" wheels. It seems to be showing the max range for a Touring or Pure rather than GT. I always display battery charge in %SOC so I do not really look at this. I would email customer care and ask about it.
Hey Adnillien,

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed them actually and they seem to be confident of no issues. Check their reply here (sorry for the KM instead of miles)
The question is: is the range indicator now shows the achievable range? Because I just saw a video of Bobby from 3 weeks ago complaining about the range indicator that its an EPA range not the actual achievable range.

IMG_3633.jpg

Upvote 0
I see that you are in Riyadh. The US cars show the EPA range for for battery SOC. It sounds like Lucid is using something different for your location. I am not sure what is should show for you. I have no reason not to trust the response from customer care.

Upvote 0
I see that you are in Riyadh. The US cars show the EPA range for for battery SOC. It sounds like Lucid is using something different for your location. I am not sure what is should show for you. I have no reason not to trust the response from customer care.
Awesome! yeah I am in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and I was happy to hear it reflects actual achievable range but Bobby's video raised this concern again. Anyho I am happy to have found this forum.

Video in question:
Segment: 9:01

Upvote 0
Hey Adnillien,

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed them actually and they seem to be confident of no issues. Check their reply here (sorry for the KM instead of miles)
The question is: is the range indicator now shows the achievable range? Because I just saw a video of Bobby from 3 weeks ago complaining about the range indicator that its an EPA range not the actual achievable range.

View attachment 18850
This is what we actually want in the US. Let's hope they make that change here then instead =)

Upvote 0
This is what we actually want in the US. Let's hope they make that change here then instead =)
Honestly thats very strange; why would this change occur first in Saudi Arabia and not the US? Is it regulation or something else...

Upvote 0
Hey Adnillien,

View attachment 18850

I don't think this is correct.

I believe all geographies use the same algorithm.

Upvote 0

That would be more plausible, I will go to the service center and check other GTs on a full charge and see whats up

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I may be wrong. Please contact lucid

the algorithm actually is different in Saudi Arabia, but the number should not be that low. I would contact service.

Upvote 0
Hey folks,

I bought an Air GT 3 months ago and its a fantastic ride. I do have a question for fellow GT owners; what's the max range indicator on a 100% charge?
I couldn't help but notice mine is maxed on 406 miles where its supposed to be 469 miles

Note: I have a 21' wheels
Note: I understand actual achievable range is 15%-20% less than the EPA estimates but I am specifically asking about the max range indicator on a 100% charge

Thanks!
Hi, @itsalqarni. Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a direct message.

Upvote 0
Back