[RESOLVED] Air GT with less than 2K miles but 10% battery degradation

modelsconvert

Cars
AIR GT
DE Number
Hi, want to hear our fellow owners' comment, experience or insight regarding battery degradation. My GT is less than 4 months old with 21' wheels and less than 2000 miles on it. It has only been charging at EA DCFC(mostly 150kw), which is very closed to my home, for 11 times from 20%-80/90%, never reached 100%. So last night I was curious to see what is my car max range with 100%, so I plugged it to my Lucid Home Charging Station last night. I was shocked to find out this morning that my GT only has 469miles with 100% charged, which translates to 10% degradation vs 516 miles! I called Lucid this morning and am waiting for their feedback. Is it something wrong with my battery? BMS adjusted my max range due to 21' wheels? Or this is purely the damage caused by EA DCFC? I have a tesla MS for 10 years with 160K miles and only level 2 charged(to the max all the time) at home, it only degraded 20% so far vs GT's 10% in 4 months..

Hi, want to hear our fellow owners' comment, experience or insight regarding battery degradation. My GT is less than 4 months old with 21' wheels and less than 2000 miles on it. It has only been charging at EA DCFC(mostly 150kw), which is very closed to my home, for 11 times from 20%-80/90%, never reached 100%. So last night I was curious to see what is my car max range with 100%, so I plugged it to my Lucid Home Charging Station last night. I was shocked to find out this morning that my GT only has 469miles with 100% charged, which translates to 10% degradation vs 516 miles! I called Lucid this morning and am waiting for their feedback. Is it something wrong with my battery? BMS adjusted my max range due to 21' wheels? Or this is purely the damage caused by EA DCFC? I have a tesla MS for 10 years with 160K miles and only level 2 charged(to the max all the time) at home, it only degraded 20% so far vs GT's 10% in 4 months..
Your BMS calculations are adjusted to your 21" wheels. What you are seeing is correct! If you swapped your wheels to 19" then after the Lucid re-calibration you would see 516 miles @ 100% =)

Thanks for the feedback. Then how can owners access /know the actual battery pack storage capacity over times for warranty purpose?

Not sure what is so confusing. When you configured your vehicle it would state how many miles it would display with your configuration. With 21" wheels its 469 as the example below shows. It will not change for you unless you change your wheel size so just use 469 as your starting figure and in the future your full charge will give you a lower amount when degradation starts.

GT-Example.jpg

I see, thanks. I guess I overlooked this page when I purchased it or the website.

Back