What are you replacing your 21" Pirelli tires with?

Good for you that you found someone willing to help you at Lucid. My Lucid contact told me to go to Tirerack and buy another new tire and get it installed on my own.
It might help that he has a very early Dream.

It might help that he has a very early Dream n
It's also surprising to me how I was helped as well. I'm thankful for Lucid and Pirelli for covering my repairs too

And I have a AGT and on top of that am second hand owner

Good for you that you found someone willing to help you at Lucid. My Lucid contact told me to go to Tirerack and buy another new tire and get it installed on my own.
Mine originally told me the same thing, and probably it’s the better answer with respect to speed, efficiency and cost, however the exact tire wasn’t available nationwide, but Lucid did have it in stock so that’s why they took the baton back

We have replaced one blown out tire and have two tires with sidewall damage and one with a repair from a large nail - so we are "living on a prayer" with these tires at just 3,000 miles on the car. UGH. I would like to know what you have found out there to replace the 21" Pirelli's with for the Air Grand Touring. These original tires are really an Achilles heal- guess this car is a museum piece, rather than a daily driver.
I have almost 9K miles driving shitty New England, pot hole ridden, lunar surface roads and have had zero issues.

It is entirely possible Michelin will eventually release a tire that has a higher load rating, or perhaps Sapphire owners will just have to accept the lower possible load. Sapphire isn't going to be selling as a "family car" after all.
Michelin already has, just not in the exact size for the Lucid. It is HL rated. So with some patience I suspect that we will see an HL rated 4S tire for the Lucid.

I have 19" and 14K miles since Oct 22 on GT. No issues so far with the Tires.

Awaiting AT delivery and finally caved and "downgraded" from 21" to 20" in hope of better variety and options to ultimately find an all-season tire that is supported by Lucid.. it hurts, but i need this car to be a reliable daily...
P.S. THANK YOU everyone on here for providing so much useful info, definitely helps w/ the many unknowns and anxieties and I am also constantly finding issues/topics I would have otherwise never considered... an informal "hello" to all!!

Other owners have had luck using the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
No luck with those tires. Two blown tires within a month and under 1,000 miles. These tires have since been delisted from TireRack and not allowed to be purchased via DiscountTire (to my knowledge) for the Lucid Air at 21".

The tires are not rated to hold the Lucid's weight by healthy marigins. Aggressive driving certainly did not help the cause on that one (eg. definitive no go for the Sapphire as is).

OEM is the only option unless you buy rims for a different size. OEMs have held up to the day to day abuse at over 5,500+ miles.

No luck with those tires. Two blown tires within a month and under 1,000 miles. These tires have since been delisted from TireRack and not allowed to be purchased via DiscountTire (to my knowledge) for the Lucid Air at 21".

The tires are not rated to hold the Lucid's weight by healthy marigins. Aggressive driving certainly did not help the cause on that one (eg. definitive no go for the Sapphire as is).

OEM is the only option unless you buy rims for a different size. OEMs have held up to the day to day abuse at over 5,500+ miles.
Wait you put on the Pilot Sport 4S and blew out 2 of them? Damn...

Two separate occasions. Pot hole for one. Driving out of a parking lot for the other.

That would be a wild story if I blew out both at the same time.

Well, I guess that goes to show it isn’t just a Pirelli issue.

FWIW, I’ve never had a blowout or bubble on either my 19s or 21s. I had two nails (separate occasions) and Lucid replaced them for me as a goodwill gesture, but that was in the first few months of me owning my DE (and thus I was covered under the Pirelli warranty which Lucid then submitted a claim for). Other than that, zero issues with either set and tons of tread left after 12k miles or so.

No issues on any of the loaners either. 🤷‍♂️

My Pirelli's latest tire story.

Got another bubble which I didn't realize, luckily, my associate point it out to me. I feel lucky, driving 80mph and the blow out happens? Not a good outcome.

I'm done with Pirelli, purchased Michelin's Primacy.

Attachments

• 20230506_123004.jpg
    20230506_123004.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
  • 20230510_201030.jpg
    20230510_201030.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
My Pirelli's latest tire story.

Got another bubble which I didn't realize, luckily, my associate point it out to me. I feel lucky, driving 80mph and the blow out happens? Not a good outcome.

I'm done with Pirelli, purchased Michelin's Primacy.
Sorry to hear about the bubble.
Wondering, and hoping, if the Primacy are Lucid approved?

Nothing is Lucid approved for any of the wheel sizes other than the OEM tires.
Quite correct. It means nothing to me as of now. Lucid's choice of Pirelli's tires is very questionable.
And dangerous.

When you're checking blood pressure you don't report when its fine but rather when its a problem. If its a problem infrequently then its probably not a problem but if its a problem frequently then, that's a problem. The lack of a problem with YOUR particular tire is not newsworthy IMHO 😇 . Its the frequency of the tire bubble that is the problem. I don't have a scientific answer to how frequent side wall bubbles are happening (tolerance level) BUT it SEEMS high and that means there should be an internal Lucid investigation and be transparent about it, again IMHO ;)

Back