What are dumbest thing(s) you’ve done after driving EV?

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Let me start off with mine. I love driving my GT so much, when I got on my diesel F250 as my GT needed service, I forgot automatic transmission ICE will creep roll as foot gets off accelerator and brake. I was on the phone and after seeing my F250 was stationary, so I jumped off the my lifted truck with 36” tires, then freaked out seeing it creep rolls to hit the house. Good thing for window sill, else it would be very ugly…

9AC4A12D-F46A-40AC-B6FC-0BA6B4C87226.jpeg
87D0714F-A656-4503-B755-A9A77A4C13FF.jpeg

Haha oh man, this has happened to me once. I totally forget that ICE cars don't have regen, and have to relearn to use the brakes.

I visit SF a couple of times a year, and a friend lets me drive his BMW X3 M40i while he is out of town. Every time I need to put it into reverse, I reach for the right steering wheel stalk and turn on the wipers, thinking it’s the gear shift. Also, I always forget I need to use the brake pedal for the first few minutes. That one is universal, I think.

I visit SF a couple of times a year, and a friend lets me drive his BMW X3 M40i while he is out of town. Every time I need to put it into reverse, I reach for the right steering wheel stalk and turn on the wipers, thinking it’s the gear shift. Also, I always forget I need to use the brake pedal for the first few minutes. That one is universal, I think.
I test drove a Cadillac Lyriq and it has the same stalk shift BUT you have to pull it back then up or down. Great idea.

Haha oh man, this has happened to me once. I totally forget that ICE cars don't have regen, and have to relearn to use the brakes.
Yes, I love one pedal so much, but really spoiled by Air’s high regen.
SF is a city that I was not a fan driving, especially on manual transmission.

I test drove a Cadillac Lyriq and it has the same stalk shift BUT you have to pull it back then up or down. Great idea.
I’m guilty of putting Air into neutral few times when I meant to clean windshield.

Yes, I love one pedal so much, but really spoiled by Air’s high regen.

SF is a city that I was not a fan driving, especially on manual transmission.
When I moved there, many years ago, I had an underpowered VW Jetta with manual transmission. It was a true learning experience, parallel parking on those hills.

I didn't know you couldn't unplug the charging cable with the car locked. Had a minor panic attack thinking I broke my car on the first day!

This is not good. I am frustrated by the new cars with buttons. I am not able to turn off the wife's '17 Mazda6 or the kid's '14 3 series. I push the start button but no lights go off and the radio is playing and the headlamps are on. I'm afraid to move. Is it even in park? I open the door...more lights go on. I close the door. I push the start button again and the damned thing starts. How do you turn these cars off ? I want to pull the damned battery out of the car and chock all four wheels.

This is my worst fear.

the undead

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I will remember you all for trying to save me but I know what will happen. Thanks anyway.

Too late to edit. I realize I was off topic now, sorry. In the brief time I drove the Lucid I loved it...how natural it was. In high regen even better. It's a brilliant car. Can't wait. Thanks for the warning about switching cars. I already have had this problem for the past 6 years owning an AMG with the carbon/ceramic ... each time I drive the wife's car I overshoot going out the driveway, then when I go back to my wagon I send everyone, including myself, into the windshield, at the end of the driveway. After six years still do it every time. So, same same.

When I moved there, many years ago, I had an underpowered VW Jetta with manual transmission. It was a true learning experience, parallel parking on those hills.
Bill Cosby (1960s) had a bit on driving a VW beetle in SF...punch line, "...Come Around, Idiot! Come Around!" but he didn't hear me because he's leaning out his window facing backwards and waving his arm yelling, "Come Around, Idiot! Come Around!" because we all stopped on a hill and we know we are all going to roll back into the bay if we let off the brake.

I drove there few times on vacation. Parallel park on the hill was really challenging. So I suppose if anyone can drive in SF, he can drive anywhere in the world.

I had the privilege of driving in Central London first time 3 weeks ago, that’s another set of challenge. Aside driving on left side of the road, lanes are narrower than in the states, there isn’t any island curb in the city, you have to U-turn going thru roundabout. Then there are random motorcycles and bicycles just suddenly cut you off and touching your rear view mirrors to make space cushion for themselves.

I'm constantly leaving rental cars running and unlocked after years of driving a Tesla.

Me too. Rental cars, and cars belonging to family members and friends. I’m surprised anybody in my world still trusts me with their ICE vehicle.

My mind is not in the presence lately. While driving our other EV Polestar2 today, I saw that battery was 30%, I pulled in a Shell gas station and picked up a gas dispenser, then I was like what am I doing? We only own that car for 3 days, even though that car is solid built, it just feel like legacy ICE, not fancy like Lucid. I embarrassed myself to other customers pumping and laughing.

Back