Referral Code AWNJLGKT
Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
Vote on Munro Live. Interesting that Lucid is top ranked already

1674860279405.png

Is there a reason they haven't already? It's not like there is a shortage of cars for them to buy and rip apart.

Is there a reason they haven't already? It's not like there is a shortage of cars for them to buy and rip apart.
I don't know and thought it strange they haven't. Maybe Sandy is scared he'll piss off Elon if he praises the car as better than Tesla in anyway 😂

I don't know and thought it strange they haven't. Maybe Sandy is scared he'll piss off Elon if he praises the car as better than Tesla in anyway 😂
I don't even think the most die hard Tesla fans think that Teslanis superior from an engineering perspective.

I don't even think the most die hard Tesla fans think that Teslanis superior from an engineering perspective.
The informed Tesla fans should know, but I suspect their broad fan base may not.
Plenty of my friends who own Tesla fall into the latter camp.

Be careful for what you wish for, those videos can be unmerciful and unforgiving.

This is a video I would love to watch. I hope they do it.

Munro claims that he has limited funds to purchase cars for teardown and will do so only if he can recoup the costs from selling engineering reports on the cars. On at least one occasion he has said that Lucid's price is beyond his reach, although that was at a time that only the Grand Touring was available.

The big automakers have the resources to purchase and tear down a Lucid themselves. The smaller companies that might need Munro's tear down services probably don't have the wherewithal to do much with the information, especially given how much of it is under patent.

Munro claims that he has limited funds to purchase cars for teardown and will do so only if he can recoup the costs from selling engineering reports on the cars. On at least one occasion he has said that Lucid's price is beyond his reach, although that was at a time that only the Grand Touring was available.

The big automakers have the resources to purchase and tear down a Lucid themselves. The smaller companies that might need Munro's tear down services probably don't have the wherewithal to do much with the information, especially given how much of it is under patent.
If all the big guys are tearing down their own stuff, what is the point in Munro tearing down Teslas and Rivians? Who would those reports be for?

If all the big guys are tearing down their own stuff, what is the point in Munro tearing down Teslas and Rivians? Who would those reports be for?

I don't know. I just know that Munro said that his business had trouble for a while finding buyers for its engineering reports. He claims almost to have folded at one point.

I don't think that Sandy is afraid of pissing off anyone!

The current generation is superior from a low manufacturing cost standpoint.

The current generation is superior from a low manufacturing cost standpoint.

Some of the lower Tesla manufacturing costs come from novel improvements in manufacturing methods. However, some of them come from de-contenting the cars, sometimes surreptitiously. This might make the cars superior from a profit margin standpoint. It doesn't necessarily make the cars superior from a consumer standpoint.

Lumbar support adjustments have been eliminated. An EV reviewer recently found that the Model Y Performance brakes had been downgraded, with the change masked by oversized caliper covers. Much of the sensor hardware has been removed from some models, with the claim that FSD (which never seems to arrive) can dispense with them. As a result, Tesla cannot generate the birds-eye view parking assistance display that is becoming ubiquitous in mid-level cars from other brands. Things that are standard in other much-less-expensive brands, such as second-row center armrests and storage pockets are still missing from the updated Model X. Turn signal stalks appear headed for the dustbin as Tesla moves to a standard steering wheel with clumsy turn signal buttons across all the model lines.

Back