What's the Real Agenda?

I mean, there are a lot of assumptions on your part, but they also did not clarify whether or not they used the app, in-car nav, or what to determine the location of the Supercharger station. However, if you look at the video, prior to arriving at their destination they were using in-car nav. It could be assumed that the nav screwed up and took them to a station which was out of service. Who really knows, but there have been reports of down stations not being updated also. The Tesla charging experience is amazing, but not flawless.
The proof has been on EA for faulty availability status.

There has been no proof of inaccurate Tesla Supercharger available status from the Navigation or the phone app.

If the Navigation or the Phone App were inaccurate, it would be a community service to point that out by showing what the navigation or phone app says.

The video did not mention that they used Navigation or the Phone App for status reports. They did not show any pictures of the status of the stalls, like "55 of 55 stalls available."

I am not saying "The Tesla charging experience is amazing" because there were long lines and "Tesla graveyard" in the Chicago Winter debacle, but what I am saying is that the video needs to be informative and should tell users to quit "trial and error" method and go straight to the navigation or the phone app.

If there's a reason to not to do that, they need to show us how inaccurate the Navigation or the phone app are.

The proof has been on EA for faulty availability status.

There has been no proof of inaccurate Tesla Supercharger available status from the Navigation or the phone app.

If the Navigation or the Phone App were inaccurate, it would be a community service to point that out by showing what the navigation or phone app says.

The video did not mention that they used Navigation or the Phone App for status reports. They did not show any pictures of the status of the stalls, like "55 of 55 stalls available."

I am not saying "The Tesla charging experience is amazing" because there were long lines and "Tesla graveyard" in the Chicago Winter debacle, but what I am saying is that the video needs to be informative and should tell users to quit "trial and error" method and go straight to the navigation or the phone app.

If there's a reason to not to do that, they need to show us how inaccurate the Navigation or the phone app are.
I think you're taking what amounts to a tiny comment in a very long, mostly effusive video waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

When I had my Tesla I had a few charging issues. Mostly the network was solid. But it was by no means 100% for me.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that some part of the system let them down that day. Regardless, they simply made a quick joke about it and moved on, after CLEALY STATING THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO GET A CHARGE after a few hiccups.

Comparing this to the way Lucid was treated in this recent Munro (or hundreds of other videos) is ludicrous. Tesla gets way more than its fair share of effusive praise well beyond what is deserved in most cases. And Lucid gets wild speculation based on zero evidence on a regular basis.

Yeah I’ve gotten really fed up with all the YouTubers who say you can’t road trip anything that’s not a Tesla, then they’ll go and post some video of “oh look here my road trip in Polestar 2, got 240 miles no charging issues”. It’s just disingenuous nonsense not supported by any objective data to assert CCS cars are not road-trippable. I drove a Kia EV6 around the Rocky Mountiains for 7 hours, no problem, and have driven the Lucid all over New England and upstate NY and down to NYC and back. It may take slightly more effort to road trip the Lucid and not run in to charging trouble, but then you can drive it much further than the Tesla helping to offset potential charging trouble. Yes it’s mostly less stressful to charge a Tesla on a road trip, but I found it less stressful lately to road trip the Lucid as I was getting 250-260kw on EA DCFC on the first try and only having to make one stop. The only thing that was stressful was the car charged too fast and I had to move it before I was ready, so I didn’t get ideal fees!

I've make trips up the coast from Philly to NH, and across NH to VT. I only go to EA chargers. I plot out the trips at home on the laptop using the EA site, then confirm on the Pilot screen. My sisters impulsively decided we needed to lunch in Dartmouth. They did not tell me we were going to Dartmouth and back to Epping, in winter. I thought "going to lunch" meant local, so I left with 4 passengers (5 persons total), in winter, up hill and down dale, with about 50% SOC. I did not think we'd make it back, but there was an EA in Manchester...no worries. But I decided to blow past it. Made it to the chargers in Seabrook, NH with ~ 7 or 8% SOC. Was scary, but EA350 gave me initial 322kW rate...best I have ever seen. My sisters hate Wallmart. They were not happy when I did not drop them in Epping before continuing to Seabrook.

Now I'm even more ambitious.

Plotting a trip to see the Total Solar Eclipse on 8 April. We are departing from Philly. The centerline of Totality
runs through Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Watertown, etc. The closest to us, by road, seems to be Rochester. Two concerns:
1. Rochester
2. lack of EA chargers between Philly and Southern shores of Great Lakes.

I really want to take the Lucid. Going to take some careful planning...with lots of plan B, because it's very likely to be cloudy all over that area in early spring.

so for now the plan is Rochester, NY....with Erie as a back-up. Erie has some really nice parks. 5 PLACES TO BE ON 8 APRIL 2024

Depending on the clouds. This is the last total solar eclipse in the US in my lifetime. I'd even risk driving through Ohio to see it....not sure if Indiana is safe either ... so many republiguns out in the wilderness.
1708463447639.jpeg

You are apparently not old enough. Carson replaced Jack Paar. I, on the other hand, remember Steve Allen.
Well done. I never saw Steve Allen's shows except on Kinescope ... or was it cave paintings ?
Favorite Carson moment: Had Aronold Palmer's (famous golfer of his time) wife as guest. Was total fluff piece and Carson was a master interviewer: knew how to put his guest at ease, and how to get them to say things. So this was right before the Masters, and Carson most innocently (with that little-boy face) asks Mrs. Palmer if there is anything she does to help her husband win?

Mrs. Palmer , " Well, I kiss his balls."

awkward pause ... (the audience of his time had much better manners, and likely few got the double entendre)

Johnny, quite innocently, turns to the audience, pauses, waits for the tension to build...

"Well I bet that makes his putter go straight. "

whereupon Mrs. Palmer quite obviously horrified, runs off in a huff,
and Johnny, proves he is the king of late night. again. Nobody did it better.

Well done. I never saw Steve Allen's shows except on Kinescope ... or was it cave paintings ?
Favorite Carson moment: Had Aronold Palmer's (famous golfer of his time) wife as guest. Was total fluff piece and Carson was a master interviewer: knew how to put his guest at ease, and how to get them to say things. So this was right before the Masters, and Carson most innocently (with that little-boy face) asks Mrs. Palmer if there is anything she does to help her husband win?

Mrs. Palmer , " Well, I kiss his balls."

awkward pause ... (the audience of his time had much better manners, and likely few got the double entendre)

Johnny, quite innocently, turns to the audience, pauses, waits for the tension to build...

"Well I bet that makes his putter go straight. "

whereupon Mrs. Palmer quite obviously horrified, runs off in a huff,
and Johnny, proves he is the king of late night. again. Nobody did it better.
I know its not automotive but I can't resist. The following from Groucho Marx's You bet your life may be apocryphal but it is priceless:

A couple with 10 children makes a guest appearance as a contestant on Groucho Marx’s quiz show You Bet Your Life (which started out on the radio and later found its way onto TV, running from 1947-1961)

Man: “I have 10 children, Groucho”.

Groucho: “You have 10 children? Why do you have so many kids?”

Man: “Because we love children”.

Groucho: “I love my cigar too, but I take it out of my mouth every once in a while.”

Back