Vampire Drain

Had the car for 2 months, will be my 3rd battery when I replace it today. I’ll try storing the fobs apart as this is new info for me haha
So... I keep both fobs together at night on the dresser but only the fob that I use daily has the battery run down, why??

After 5,000 miles, I am still losing 1-2 miles per day while the car is sitting. The garage is keep at 74 degrees so it's not a heat issue. The EQS that is parked next to the Lucid doesn't seem to lose any range just sitting so my guess is that Lucid can tune the battery drain lower in software?

So... I keep both fobs together at night on the dresser but only the fob that I use daily has the battery run down, why??
That’s exactllly my scenario - except mine are kept in a faraday box since it’s right outside my garage. No clue why it works that way..

That is what people even non Licid have reported that charging at 350 stations created a lot more battery drain vs 150 or Home Chargers. I may have posted it here but the Volkswagen D.4 owner claimed if he charges at a 350 charger his Vampire drain lasts a week even when he has subsequently charged at home.
That’s is very strange - the ID4 peak charging rate is supposed to to be 125kw. Would not expect any charging difference between a 150 and 350 charger.

After 5,000 miles, I am still losing 1-2 miles per day while the car is sitting. The garage is keep at 74 degrees so it's not a heat issue. The EQS that is parked next to the Lucid doesn't seem to lose any range just sitting so my guess is that Lucid can tune the battery drain lower in software?
1-2 miles is not as bad as 1%~3%. I had turned off my Bluetooth almost 2 days, I do see a but improvement to 1% in almost 2 days.

1-2 miles is not as bad as 1%~3%. I had turned off my Bluetooth almost 2 days, I do see a but improvement to 1% in almost 2 days
That is way too high. Contact customer care to see if they can figure out what is going on.

That is way too high. Contact customer care to see if they can figure out what is going on.
I have a garage temperature at 100 in afternoon. But that is about to change soon. I’m happy with 1% now. I think after I turned off Bluetooth, it went to sleep more. I am still observing.

83224FDA-00FA-4AFA-92AC-84144B65F6A0.jpeg

Oh yeah! BMS is vampire alright. And I don’t think it was like this before. Still observing. I haven’t driven much a week.

That’s is very strange - the ID4 peak charging rate is supposed to to be 125kw. Would not expect any charging difference between a 150 and 350 charger.
Well this is straight from the owners mouth and he has had it at least 6 Months.

Well this is straight from the owners mouth and he has had it at least 6 Months.
Previous claim is preposterous anyways. How could a DCFC induce vampire drain for a week even AFTER another charge session.

My charging is at home and not L3. Don’t have vampire drain on the Leaf.
That is good but the Lucid does lose charge sitting in the garage every day. Not a concern for me because I only have 500 miles on it and have only driven it 10-25 times tops and mostly local. I also charge at home on my 14-50 NEMA.
Only tested the one time at the EA chargers to ensure IF I DID go and drive long distance it would recognize the Car.
Even at home due to the mileage drive I have only charged like 4 times.

My Charge below at EA Not sure if this was the 350 or the 150 but I am guessing 350 but then only 29 in 11 Minutes won’t get me to 300 miles in 20 IMO

Attachments

• BFD2C653-CB8A-48F3-A872-E94935B548F3.jpeg
    BFD2C653-CB8A-48F3-A872-E94935B548F3.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I just finished another charging session this morning and after my Homeflex cut off, I went to unplug to reduce the drain, but my fans were not running. Garage was 82 degrees. I have NFI anymore when the BMS fans run or not. 🤷‍♂️

I know others are reporting this. I charged this morning At home on a L2 charger, as I posted in another thread, to 80%. The charge completed about 10am this morning. I unplugged, locked the car and it slept for about 3 hours. At about 1pm I go to the car for a short trip. The reading is down to 77% and the “since last charge” says I used 2 kWh. Really? In 3 hours? That is a rate of 16 kWh per day. Some rounding errors as 3% of the battery is 3.36 kWh. Tjhat is the equivalent to 24% in a day or about 27 kWh. This should not happen. Way too much drain on the batteries.

I just finished another charging session this morning and after my Homeflex cut off, I went to unplug to reduce the drain, but my fans were not running. Garage was 82 degrees. I have NFI anymore when the BMS fans run or not. 🤷‍♂️
🤷‍♂️ I will unplug after a charging session, garage is also about 82-84. No BMS fans are running. Car is at 80%. Then 3-4 hours later when I go to drive, the car is at 77%

Maybe, just maybe its not real. Whatever method the car's software is using to calculate the SoC isn't accurate? I'm not an engineer, how do you calculate how much a battery is charged?

FOB BATTERY - POSSIBLE RELATED INFO?
Awaiting my Air GT, but here's a related Key FOB battery fact: My Porsche Taycan eats FOB batteries and when low sometimes requires a 20-minute reboot just to start (common complaint on Taycan forum). Appears there's constant communication between Taycan and FOB which drains FOB battery and affects the car's software . May be something similar with Lucid? At least no complaints that Airs refuse to start! (sorry if this is off-topic, but may be relevant?)

This is the reason some are keeping their fobs in small Faraday pouches to stop communication when not in use.

Back