Vampire Drain

I have had my car parked for the last 2.5 days. Started at 81% and when I checked today it was at 79%. So it looks like I'm losing less that 1% per day.

I park in an underground parking garage and it has zero cell or wifi reception (and definitely to far for my phone or key fob to reach). This is probably making the vampire drain better then it otherwise would be.

Its been well discussed on this forum. Car constantly waking depletes the battery. That change is rather high
Compared to earlier reports I thought 0.75%/day was relatively low (though I do see some reports down in the 0.25%/day).
I don't think it is due to the fob being close, as the car spent much of that time parked in a storage lot, and the office is far (many hundreds of feet) from where the car has been... and the loss rate has been constant over the time in the repair shop (e.g. same rate the days it has been closer to the building, etc).
However, it has been relatively chilly.

So I'm dubious about this report being related to the "close fob" case.

When my car is in garage at home I don't have any drain any more, or negligible far less than .75%

Ever since version 2.0 on the software, the vampire drain has been more minimal.

When my car is in garage at home I don't have any drain any more, or negligible far less than .75%
Do you have your mobile key on and lucid app Bluetooth on? I think I am losing more than 10 miles per day and not sure why.

Do you have your mobile key on and lucid app Bluetooth on? I think I am losing more than 10 miles per day and not sure why.
Keep keys away or in a faraday pouch. Disable BT on your phone or change the security permission. Don't open the Lucid app. Keep you car in a garage at 70 degrees and your drain will be less than a mile per day.

Keep keys away or in a faraday pouch. Disable BT on your phone or change the security permission. Don't open the Lucid app. Keep you car in a garage at 70 degrees and your drain will be less than a mile per day.
Speculation on my part as my car is still just an ephemeral order, but I think your daily SOC loss may be higher if your SOC is much higher than 80%.

I live in NY so it is cold here, BUT my car is garage kept. I'd guess my garage hovers between 40-50 at night.

I charged to 80% last night. At 6:21 AM, app told me charging was done. At 7:40, I got into car and it was already down to 79%. Drove 1.7 miles and it was down to 78%. Finished my trip after 12.1 miles and already down to 72%.

These cars HATE the cold!

I disabled the Bluetooth on my phone but should I also adjust the setting of the lucid app? The location is set to always and the app background refresh is on. Thank you for your help.

I disabled the Bluetooth on my phone but should I also adjust the setting of the lucid app? The location is set to always and the app background refresh is on. Thank you for your help.
Are you using your phone as a mobile key? Also, iOS or Android?

One of the attractions of the car is the mobile key... just wish they would use UWB BT to get sub-foot distance sensitivity (and configurability)... then we'd hopefully be able to configure for "unlock when phone is 3' from car" (etc)...

Okay need an iOS user to chime in here, @joec Or @Bobby
10 miles per day does sound like much. Are you connected to WiFi in your garage? I wonder if the car is uploading data overnight.

If you are not launching the mobile app, I don’t think it would be doing a lot of background refresh activity. At least nothing that wakes the car too often.

Do you have the Lucid widget on your Home Screen? I have mine on, but it doesn’t seem to be draining the car.

10 miles per day does sound like much. Are you connected to WiFi in your garage? I wonder if the car is uploading data overnight.

If you are not launching the mobile app, I don’t think it would be doing a lot of background refresh activity. At least nothing that wakes the car too often.

Do you have the Lucid widget on your Home Screen? I have mine on, but it doesn’t seem to be draining the car.
Yes. There is Wi-Fi coverage in the garage.
I don’t have the lucid widget but the app’s location is always on and background refresh is set to on. I disabled the phones Bluetooth based on recommendation and I haven’t checked if the vampire drain has improved or not.

Yes. There is Wi-Fi coverage in the garage.
I don’t have the lucid widget but the app’s location is always on and background refresh is set to on. I disabled the phones Bluetooth based on recommendation and I haven’t checked if the vampire drain has improved or not.
I just checked and didn’t lose much after my phone’s Bluetooth was turned off.

It would be nice to keep my phone’s Bluetooth on but wondering how you guys have your phone set up to minimize the drain without turning off the phone’s bluetooth.

I just checked and didn’t lose much after my phone’s Bluetooth was turned off.

It would be nice to keep my phone’s Bluetooth on but wondering how you guys have your phone set up to minimize the drain without turning off the phone’s bluetooth.
Are you near the car with your phone a lot? That would be the only reason Bluetooth would make a difference.

If so, you can turn off Bluetooth just for the Lucid app. You don't have to switch off Bluetooth for the entire phone.

Back