Vampire Drain over 1 Month

NPN

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT/Red/Tahoe/19"
I left my Lucid Air Grand Touring in my garage unplugged for 30 days. Fobs were stored in Faraday bags. On return from travel, I am happy to say that I calculated the phantom drain per day at 1.9 miles. Way better than I expected.

I left my Lucid Air Grand Touring in my garage unplugged for 30 days. Fobs were stored in Faraday bags. On return from travel, I am happy to say that I calculated the phantom drain per day at 1.9 miles. Way better than I expected.
Good to know, as I haven't been away from my car that long yet. But not surprising. I think some folks are having phantom drain issues for various reasons, but I don't think it's a general issue with the car for most.

My 17 days AGT unplugged in 50~75F garage was

112 kWh (battery) x -7% (loss) x 4.2 mi/kWh (EPA) / 17 (Days) = -1.936 miles per day.

Now we know it is normal, and actually impressive.

Any flat spotting on the 19" tires?

Over 11 days in garage, battery went from 81% to 68% temps 60 to 80.
Are you checking the car on the app? Waking it up uses battery. Are you leaving the key near the car?

Checked the app twice in the 11 days. Key fob not nearby.
Thanks for your input.

Over 11 days in garage, battery went from 81% to 68% temps 60 to 80.
Something was waking your car up. I was gone for 11 days with the car in an 80-85 degree garage and only lost 3% (70% to 67%) SOC. Your loss is not normal.

Back