Vampire drain while plugged in

Sula

Cars
AGT
I set my charge point to 60% over night and every morning I lose about 10-15km once the charge is complete. For example today I lost 16km (from 451 to 435) and the car had to charge 20 minutes to get it back up to 451km. The Lucid is parked in a garage and the outside temperature is about 5C or 40F. I have the fobs in a faraday cage and my bluetooth is turned off when I park the car. I have the Lucid travel charger plugged into a 50A outlet.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of drain? I

I set my charge point to 60% over night and every morning I lose about 10-15km once the charge is complete. For example today I lost 16km (from 451 to 435) and the car had to charge 20 minutes to get it back up to 451km. The Lucid is parked in a garage and the outside temperature is about 5C or 40F. I have the fobs in a faraday cage and my bluetooth is turned off when I park the car. I have the Lucid travel charger plugged into a 50A outlet.

This drain does seem high. How are you turning bluetooth off, are you doing that on your phone or disconnecting your phone from the bluetooth screen in the car. If the later, that is only temporary and disconnects your phone as an audio device but likely does not do anything with the mobile key. Your phone could still wake up the car from inside the house. If you are turning bluetooth off on your phone, you should not be connecting to the car from within the house.

I have been offline for about 6 weeks due to surgery. My Lucid Air GT was at 478 miles when I left for the hospital and now, 6 weeks later it is at 376. No bluetooth or fob interaction happened since I left them over 100 yards from garage. I really do not care since I have not been able to drive the car and I miss it. Just thought that this was a significant loss compared to my Tesla. I did take the GT out for a short run to get reacquainted but hard to drive with this new hip. Love sitting in it and listening to the fantastic radio system though. Glad to be back on the forum and looking forward to our Lucid OTA improvements.

It would be nice to know what’s actually causing the high rate of drain in the affected cars. 102 miles in 6 weeks is crazy.

I have been offline for about 6 weeks due to surgery. My Lucid Air GT was at 478 miles when I left for the hospital and now, 6 weeks later it is at 376. No bluetooth or fob interaction happened since I left them over 100 yards from garage. I really do not care since I have not been able to drive the car and I miss it. Just thought that this was a significant loss compared to my Tesla. I did take the GT out for a short run to get reacquainted but hard to drive with this new hip. Love sitting in it and listening to the fantastic radio system though. Glad to be back on the forum and looking forward to our Lucid OTA improvements.
Most people are reporting around 2 miles or 0.5% per day so this is kind of in the range .

That's 2.4 miles per day. Doesn't sound that crazy to me. Could it be lower? Sure. But I wouldn't say it's crazy.

@Sula - Do you have a charging limit set up on your L2 charger?

I have a JuiceBox and I had initially set up the max miles it can add. When I leave my charger plugged in, I have seen instances where juice box has reached the max miles (this is less than the limit set up in the car) and it stops charging after than even if its connected. After it stops charging I have seen it lose around 10 miles in the next couple of hours.

I also see a similar drain after I charge on a DC fast charger and park the car in the garage (in most scenarios after not driving more than 10 - 20 miles after charging)

I think the BMS kicks in after charging (L2 or DC fast charging) to cool the battery down causing the drain you are seeing. If your charger is connected and still pulling in power to the car then BMS is using the power from the grid or at least tops it up and reduces the drain you see

This drain does seem high. How are you turning bluetooth off, are you doing that on your phone or disconnecting your phone from the bluetooth screen in the car. If the later, that is only temporary and disconnects your phone as an audio device but likely does not do anything with the mobile key. Your phone could still wake up the car from inside the house. If you are turning bluetooth off on your phone, you should not be connecting to the car from within the house.

I'm turning off the Bluetooth on my phone and the car is parked in a garage 4 houses down the block, so at least 100 feet away from where I reside. Since the 2.0 update the car has a 50/50 chance of unlocking when I am in proximity and have bluetooth on (but that's a different issue) and will not unlock 100% of the time when bluetooth is off (which is normal I believe).

@Sula - Do you have a charging limit set up on your L2 charger?

I have a JuiceBox and I had initially set up the max miles it can add. When I leave my charger plugged in, I have seen instances where juice box has reached the max miles (this is less than the limit set up in the car) and it stops charging after than even if its connected. After it stops charging I have seen it lose around 10 miles in the next couple of hours.

I also see a similar drain after I charge on a DC fast charger and park the car in the garage (in most scenarios after not driving more than 10 - 20 miles after charging)

I think the BMS kicks in after charging (L2 or DC fast charging) to cool the battery down causing the drain you are seeing. If your charger is connected and still pulling in power to the car then BMS is using the power from the grid or at least tops it up and reduces the drain you see

I have the Lucid mobile charger that came with the car plugged into a 50A 6-50 receptacle, with a 6-50 to 14-50 adaptor attached in between. The adaptor is barely warm after charging for several hours and the Lucid app shows I'm pulling 8-9 kwh and about +55 km/hour.

I've read that some energy is lost after charging until the setpoint but shouldn't the Lucid software know to top up after 1-2% is lost? It's been this way since I've owned the car, and I am at 4500km now, 7 months in. I always get 1-2% less than what I set it to, ie. 80%->79%, 65->64%, etc.

I have the Lucid mobile charger that came with the car plugged into a 50A 6-50 receptacle, with a 6-50 to 14-50 adaptor attached in between. The adaptor is barely warm after charging for several hours and the Lucid app shows I'm pulling 8-9 kwh and about +55 km/hour.

I've read that some energy is lost after charging until the setpoint but shouldn't the Lucid software know to top up after 1-2% is lost? It's been this way since I've owned the car, and I am at 4500km now, 7 months in. I always get 1-2% less than what I set it to, ie. 80%->79%, 65->64%, etc.
I am positive this loss is related to the charging and post charging BMS. I have left my car in the garage for multiple days when traveling and I lose 2 miles a day max when it's really cold outside. The loss is more in the hours after a charging session

That's 2.4 miles per day. Doesn't sound that crazy to me. Could it be lower? Sure. But I wouldn't say it's crazy.
I think my math was convoluted. You’re right, 2.4 isn’t crazy, but it would be nice if it were a bit lower.

I am positive this loss is related to the charging and post charging BMS. I have left my car in the garage for multiple days when traveling and I lose 2 miles a day max when it's really cold outside. The loss is more in the hours after a charging session
I lost 16 km = 10 mi overnight, charged back to 449 at 10am. Now 6 hours later lost 5km = 3.1mi, outside temp showing 10C or 50F. Mine seems slightly abnormal.

It's also not charging back to 451km (60%), but instead now at 443km but the android Lucid app is showing charging complete at setpoint 60%. Wondering why there is a 8km discrepancy between both points in time when they were at 60% (morning 60% vs late afternoon 60%).

Last edited:
Or it could be just a case of miscalculation (or rather more accurate if taking date from most recent drive) of estimated kms in the software. I'll just stick to %charge and not stress about kms range. Either way I've been getting about 3.7km/kwh (2.3mi/kwh), 21" tires.

From what I remember, someone mentioned earlier how after charging the battery recalibrates itself and you may see your range drop as the charge levels adjust across modules?

I’m sure it’s something else, but it’s worth noting that it’s easily to forget to check the temperature in the back seats yo make sure they are synced with the front. Today I noticed that I was losing more than usual charge, but found that my temperature in the backseat was set to 79 (darn kids), while the front was 68. The two zones were fighting each other every time I walked by my car with my phone in my pocket.

I’m sure it’s something else, but it’s worth noting that it’s easily to forget to check the temperature in the back seats yo make sure they are synced with the front. Today I noticed that I was losing more than usual charge, but found that my temperature in the backseat was set to 79 (darn kids), while the front was 68. The two zones were fighting each other every time I walked by my car with my phone in my pocket.
Does this imply the car’s HVAC activates every time you walk by the car with your phone or is it just the seat heaters? That might certainly explain some phantom drain if true. If so, isn’t there a way to change this behavior?

Does this imply the car’s HVAC activates every time you walk by the car with your phone or is it just the seat heaters? That might certainly explain some phantom drain if true. If so, isn’t there a way to change this behavior?
The rear seat heaters should turn off when there’s no one sitting in the car. Not immediately, but after a few minutes with no one there.

The rear seat heaters should turn off when there’s no one sitting in the car. Not immediately, but after a few minutes with no one there.
So Joe, does that mean they do turn on for a few minutes each time you walk by with the phone or are you talking about exiting the car after driving?

So Joe, does that mean they do turn on for a few minutes each time you walk by with the phone or are you talking about exiting the car after driving?
No. They won't turn on if there's no one sitting back there. They have to be manually switched on. And then they will stay on for a bit. But if no one ends up sitting there, they turn back off again,

The strangest drain I experience is when charging at work using the Lucid portable charger on a 240 socket (very nice BTW since I get 8kw). The default limit is set to 85% SOC. It has happened to me twice now that I walk up to the car to unplug the cord, then get in only to find it at 82%. I definitely am not around for it to consume power waking up and sleeping since it spends the day in the garage, and I don't really check on it often (beyond the notification of charging ending on the app).

Anyone else had this experience?

Back