Used Lucid Market

Levin74

I have an Audi e-tron and seriously considering buying a Lucid. I noticed a lot of Lucid’s for sale and most of them were under 10,000 miles .
That seems concerning. Does anyone have ideas on why this is happening?

No and unless you can ask those owners we will never know. Ex-owners here can chime in why. Apparently @Spin Doctor wanted a different color.

I have an Audi e-tron and seriously considering buying a Lucid. I noticed a lot of Lucid’s for sale and most of them were under 10,000 miles .
Early on buyers wanted to flip them for quick profit. When interest rates fell off a cliff, no one was buying a car at 6% and above interest and these flippers got caught holding a bag. Likely the same thing going on still some people can no longer afford the car.

No and unless you can ask those owners we will never know. Ex-owners here can chime in why. Apparently @Spin Doctor wanted a different color.
Partly the colour thing. But also:
- 0% financing. I’d bought the previous one with cash, and got a decent price when I sold it. So the proceeds are invested in various places at a decent rate of return
- Additional year’s warranty (and free EA I guess although I don’t place a huge amount of value on that)
- Previous one had collected a few cosmetic issues that were starting to bother me. New one has been PPF’d from day one and will be kept pristine

Back to the original question though: people sell for any number of reasons. Look at the comments on recent BAT or C&B auctions, you’ll see reasons ranging from “I bought a Rivian” to “Service Center is too far away”. Maybe EA factors into some people’s decisions, too.

Not sure if the ratio of Lucids being resold is any more or less than Taycans, or EQSs? Regardless if you’re contemplating an Air I’d absolutely encourage you to try one - they’re wonderful vehicles.

Partly the colour thing. But also:
- 0% financing. I’d bought the previous one with cash, and got a decent price when I sold it. So the proceeds are invested in various places at a decent rate of return
- Additional year’s warranty (and free EA I guess although I don’t place a huge amount of value on that)
- Previous one had collected a few cosmetic issues that were starting to bother me. New one has been PPF’d from day one and will be kept pristine

Back to the original question though: people sell for any number of reasons. Look at the comments on recent BAT or C&B auctions, you’ll see reasons ranging from “I bought a Rivian” to “Service Center is too far away”. Maybe EA factors into some people’s decisions, too.

Not sure if the ratio of Lucids being resold is any more or less than Taycans, or EQSs? Regardless if you’re contemplating an Air I’d absolutely encourage you to try one - they’re wonderful vehicles.
This is an excellent point. A few years back, there were several exciting new EVs you could preorder for cheap. And a lot of people preordered several of them. Then, after purchasing a bunch, they sold all but the one they wanted to keep. Maybe their heart wanted the Lucid, but their family needed the R1-S. Or maybe they legitimately just liked the Rivian or Fisker, or BMW, or whatever a little more.

A little more than a year from now, we’re going to see a whole new batch of Airs get sold so folks can make way for a Gravity in their lives. Such is the auto market.

There certainly were some early buyers who hoped to flip their cars. I had a legitimate offer for my DE in December of 2021 for 225K.
Some people find EVs are not for them.
Lucid is still relatively unknown.
Value is different for different people. There are some great deals out there for Lucids.
I just bought my second new Lucid, but I would recommend a used car if depreciation is a higher concern than having a new vehicle.
I think Lucid is the best EV available.
I know Lucid's goal is best car available. What defines best car?
I have access to some really nice cars and choose the Lucid as my daily driver.
I am certain I have done road trips in the Lucid that just would not be possible in the e-tron.
What is important to you?
There are lots of ICE cars I would buy, but only one EV.

I think there are actually fewer used Lucid’s for sale now than there were 6 - 12 months ago.

Cars.com shows 34 available across all the US now. When I was looking 6-12 months ago there were usually 45-55 used Lucid’s available. In the past year there have been a lot more new Lucid’s sold, so as a percentage it’s probably an even smaller ratio of used Airs available now.

I bought a used Dream Edition and love it. Great values for the dollar on used DE & GT models available now.

I also bought my two prior cars (both AMG S65) used because they lost about half of their $230k MSRP in 18-24 months. However the Lucid Air DE is a much, much better performance sedan.

I think there are actually fewer used Lucid’s for sale now than there were 6 - 12 months ago.

Cars.com shows 34 available across all the US now. When I was looking 6-12 months ago there were usually 45-55 used Lucid’s available. In the past year there have been a lot more new Lucid’s sold, so as a percentage it’s probably an even smaller ratio of used Airs available now.

I bought a used Dream Edition and love it. Great values for the dollar on used DE & GT models available now.

I also bought my two prior cars (both AMG S65) used because they lost about half of their $230k MSRP in 18-24 months. However the Lucid Air DE is a much, much better performance sedan.
Agreed. There are MUCH less des or even gts for sale now.

I need that list in DMS! Genuinely curious!
Right now I am looking for a C8 Z06 for a reasonable price. I want a Countach to drive a little, but more preserve and display. I sold a SL 65 AMG that I wish I had kept. EVs I want will be new models, ICE cars I want are pretty much all older models. I am planning to convert a 1993 BMW 850 to EV. I know replacing a V12 with electric makes some people cringe. We will try to make it interesting.

Right now I am looking for a C8 Z06 for a reasonable price. I want a Countach to drive a little, but more preserve and display. I sold a SL 65 AMG that I wish I had kept. EVs I want will be new models, ICE cars I want are pretty much all older models. I am planning to convert a 1993 BMW 850 to EV. I know replacing a V12 with electric makes some people cringe. We will try to make it interesting.
The new Z06 is an amazing vehicle. My weekend toy. I think it’s better than the 458 Ferrari. Z06 still bringing $ selling over msrp

The new Z06 is an amazing vehicle. My weekend toy. I think it’s better than the 458 Ferrari. Z06 still bringing $ selling over msrp
Yes. I have a 427 60th anniversary convertible. Would love to add a 70th. I bought an early C7 Z06 for sticker. Current prices still above my limit.

The sound of the V12 in my AMG S65 is the one thing I miss when driving the Air DE. I had custom Renntech air box, exhaust & chip which made it sound awesome and very unique, especially when starting the car. However the extra +400 HP in the DE make me forget about that once driving. 😀

I Loved the car and it is technically outstanding but many early owners were beta testers for a company that was a startup. in addition, several promised features only came with future Software updates so buying a new GT in April 2022 was a mistake for me. Lightly used GT’s for sale now are a bargain (50k less than same car in 2022 ) and most of the issues have been fixed. Your only risk is the car is only as good as the company behind it and lucid needs to sell more cars or adapt to a different business model to be viable long term.

Back