Used GT pricing

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Hi:
I'm looking for a used GT. How do you think i should pay for a used GT, 2022 with 15k miles in near-perfect condition?

Thanks!!

I think there are a few heavily discounted '22 GTs right now that you can find through Lucid direct. I'm not sure on the exact #'s on these but it might end up only being ~10-15k more than a used one! (don't quote me on those #'s)

I think there are a few heavily discounted '22 GTs right now that you can find through Lucid direct. I'm not sure on the exact #'s on these but it might end up only being ~10-15k more than a used one! (don't quote me on those #'s)
I dont think there is anymore left. Someone in the forum said they bought the last one.

Wow the car has depreciated faster than expected...
Mercedes' 2022 EQS resale value has a similar discount from new. It's not unusual for a luxury car.
EQS580.png

Mercedes' 2022 EQS resale value has a similar discount from new. It's not unusual for a luxury car.
50k... WTF? Yeah, I am NEVER complaining about the Lucids resale value again.

Exactly. You can now buy a Porsche Taycan turbo for 85K or a plaid for 70K. The drop off curve is quite steep. Some great used buys out there in the market.

The EQS is junk though...i hope Lucid does better over time lol
As great as the Air is, it is still a serial production car with typical behavior for its class for supply and demand, depreciation, etc. Only a few exotic and collector cars ever escape this.

Exactly. You can now buy a Porsche Taycan turbo for 85K or a plaid for 70K. The drop off curve is quite steep. Some great used buys out there in the market.
I mean it depends...look at old S classes and 7 series and they will keep falling and falling down to like $20k after 5-10 years. I wouldn't say buying an EQS because it's $50k off today is a great buy. I also wouldn't say buying a used Lucid GT for $80k today is a great buy, who knows where they will land in a few years. I love the Taycan but i expect those will drop by another 50% as well once they run out of warranty. This is not the class of car to buy if you're looking for deals. You should buy what you like (or lease) and expect the car's value to drop off like a cliff, if it doesn't, then that's gravy!

You should buy what you like (or lease) and expect the car's value to drop off like a cliff, if it doesn't, then that's gravy!
Yes, I sold a 2006 Maser convertible for exactly 20% of what I paid for it new a decade prior. Had a great time with it. A rip-snorty little beast.
I've also owned a few collector cars that appreciated in value. Very much enjoyed my years with all of them, gain or not.

Yes, I sold a 2006 Maser convertible for exactly 20% of what I paid for it new a decade prior. Had a great time with it. A rip-snorty little beast.
I've also owned a few collector cars that appreciated in value. Very much enjoyed my years with all of them, gain or not.
Eh, I’d say Maserati is an extreme example considering they are known to depreciate as much as NFTs after 22 did.

But luxury cars will always depreciate. Those that don’t(or do at a lesser pace) are the exception, not the norm.

I dont think there is anymore left. Someone in the forum said they bought the last one.
This was for the GT-P. That was also a week or so ago.

22' model years have significant drop in price, but you will hardly find a 23' with the same price drop. I only searched briefly, but prices still held close to MSRP. Availability on the used market is quite low for the 23'.

It's both good and bad. When I discovered you could get a classic Mercedes at over 90% off sticker....but the caveat was : " If you can't afford a new mercedes, you definitely can't afford a used one."

So I got the worst one: 2000 SL600 R129 (retail about $140k). Car was owned by a rich person so serviced/garaged/low miles. Got it for $10k, Replaced a few worn bits, new tires, serviced trans and dry-rotted bits, rebuilt hydraulic system for top and suspension. Drove it 5 years. Completely reliable. No issues at all. Sold it for $10k. Outstanding car...probably the best Mercedes ever built.

Buying a used luxury car can be a break-even event.
1702589547014.jpeg

Back