trim issues

It’s not constructed entirely out of plastic, and the creaking (which I’ve never had but does happen to some) was clearly not intentional. They have a workaround to fix it in the meantime, before newly designed steering wheels are available (and are actively being worked on).

Not sure what part of that is puzzling. An issue with manufacturing happened for some; they’re fixing it.

I agree it isn’t ideal, but it isn’t absurd or unthinkable either.
I never thought any of it was intentional, but I am surprised by the number of fit/finish issues I’ve had for a vehicle the Lucid CEO is actively comparing to the Mercedes S class. I guess it would be difficult to imagine the level of frustration some of us are experiencing with these problems when you haven’t experienced any of them. How would you feel if you can’t charge your EV at EA at all, when it’s the preferred network and there is no help offered by Lucid or EA? Being told “our engineers are looking into it” isn’t that helpful honestly.

I have also had some interior trim issues- both rear door panels loose — quick 15 minute fixes by mobile service. I now have multiple pieces of the inside trim in the back loose and also rattling but mobile service will be out this week to fix. Kinda expected these type of issues being a new car from new car manufacturer. I’m OK with it as long as they are responsive and fix the issues . The car is just so much fun to drive, I can overlook some of these problems. Having looked at the new software update, Lucid definitely appears to be listening to their customers.

I never thought any of it was intentional, but I am surprised by the number of fit/finish issues I’ve had for a vehicle the Lucid CEO is actively comparing to the Mercedes S class. I guess it would be difficult to imagine the level of frustration some of us are experiencing with these problems when you haven’t experienced any of them. How would you feel if you can’t charge your EV at EA at all, when it’s the preferred network and there is no help offered by Lucid or EA? Being told “our engineers are looking into it” isn’t that helpful honestly.
Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I believe the EA issues are quite widespread and many are linked to EA infrastructure problems while others are likely Lucid hiccups.

I have also had some interior trim issues- both rear door panels loose — quick 15 minute fixes by mobile service. I now have multiple pieces of the inside trim in the back loose and also rattling but mobile service will be out this week to fix. Kinda expected these type of issues being a new car from new car manufacturer. I’m OK with it as long as they are responsive and fix the issues . The car is just so much fun to drive, I can overlook some of these problems. Having looked at the new software update, Lucid definitely appears to be listening to their customers.
I’m definitely excited for the software update. Keep checking the app frantically haha

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I believe the EA issues are quite widespread and many are linked to EA infrastructure problems while others are likely Lucid hiccups.
Thankfully home charging takes the worry out and I have no long trips planned, but yeah, it’s just frustrating.

No, don’t get me wrong, I totally understand the frustration (as much as I can, anyway). It’s not like I’ve never had issues; there have been some, for sure.

I am just trying to be helpful and help you find a solution :)

The EA issues I think are EA’s issue, but that’s not great nonetheless even if it isn’t Lucid’s fault.

As for the trim stuff, I’m fairly confident if you call your nearest service center they can correct them with a mobile visit, and quickly. The number of trim issues you’ve had are definitely unusual (but not unheard of).

Thankfully home charging takes the worry out and I have no long trips planned, but yeah, it’s just frustrating.
I have thus far only used home charging. I believe the EA issues are actively being addressed. As far as trim , naturally these things should not occur and I sincerely hope you can get them fixed. I am compiling a list a very minor things thus far and will have mobile service address those in time. I am sooo far away from a service center I want to make it worth the trip. If it’s not interfering with my driving pleasure, I will wait.
Lucid, if you are listening, winter is coming and I really really need good floor mats that will cover my light Santa Cruz carpets. The snow and grime will really do a number on them.

No, don’t get me wrong, I totally understand the frustration (as much as I can, anyway). It’s not like I’ve never had issues; there have been some, for sure.

The EA issues I think are EA’s issue, but that’s not great nonetheless even if it isn’t Lucid’s fault.

As for the trim stuff, I’m fairly confident if you call your nearest service center they can correct them with a mobile visit, and quickly. The number of trim issues you’ve had are definitely unusual (but not unheard of).
I appreciate it for sure. I have contacted them though and here we are - two weeks later, I still have a door I can’t open, etc.

I’m trying to be understanding as it is a new brand and there will be growing pains, but sounds like they’re handled inconsistently throughout the country.

I have thus far only used home charging. I believe the EA issues are actively being addressed. As far as trim , naturally these things should not occur and I sincerely hope you can get them fixed. I am compiling a list a very minor things thus far and will have mobile service address those in time. I am sooo far away from a service center I want to make it worth the trip. If it’s not interfering with my driving pleasure, I will wait.
Lucid, if you are listening, winter is coming and I really really need good floor mats that will cover my light Santa Cruz carpets. The snow and grime will really do a number on them.
The creams bug me quite a bit, but then a quick step on the throttle and my frustrations become history for a half hour haha. I’m also desperately waiting for the all weather mats. Two weeks ago WeatherTech said 4-6 weeks.

The creams bug me quite a bit, but then a quick
The creams bug me quite a bit, but then a quick step on the throttle and my frustrations become history for a half hour haha. I’m also desperately waiting for the all weather mats. Two weeks ago WeatherTech said 4-6 weeks.
step on the throttle and my frustrations become history for a half hour haha. I’m also desperately waiting for the all weather mats. Two weeks ago WeatherTech said 4-6 weeks.
The creaks* that should have said.

@Dhimiter, I share your frustration. I also have the same creaky steering wheel. I was told that this had to do with manufacturing tolerances for two parts that ended up rubbing against each other. This is being worked on and I'm (along with other folks) waiting for that new steering wheel.
I have the creaking steering wheel as well. Happens every time I turn the wheel in either direction.

I appreciate it for sure. I have contacted them though and here we are - two weeks later, I still have a door I can’t open, etc.

I’m trying to be understanding as it is a new brand and there will be growing pains, but sounds like they’re handled inconsistently throughout the country.
I would email Zak Edson and try and escalate. Have you tried that?

I found 21 discrepecies and then stopping my inspection halfway through decided to give up. Half of the 21 are trim. The worst is the general rattling/creaking that would require opening up most of the car since its different which wheel hits uneven pavement or how many wheels hit simultaneously. For EA not working for free, i even took my DA to the charging station. She used a Lucid EA dedicated phone number. But the only answer she got was that the nework is down. But not a good answer since i can pay with credit card. Its likely someone hasnt register my agt.

I found 21 discrepecies and then stopping my inspection halfway through decided to give up. Half of the 21 are trim. The worst is the general rattling/creaking that would require opening up most of the car since its different which wheel hits uneven pavement or how many wheels hit simultaneously. For EA not working for free, i even took my DA to the charging station. She used a Lucid EA dedicated phone number. But the only answer she got was that the nework is down. But not a good answer since i can pay with credit card. Its likely someone hasnt register my agt.
Again, I would email Zak Edson and see if you can escalate. These aren’t common issues, but they’re important nonetheless, and it’s important for them to know.

Bel, So disappointed to here this, especially after how good my experience was. What did the service manager say, what are they doing to fix this and what explaination did she give you?

Reactions: Bel
I have the creaking steering wheel as well. Happens every time I turn the wheel in either direction.
Is the creaky steering wheel on certain vehicles that received suboptimal parts?
This is the first I have heard of it. I truly hope that gets resolved for you both!!

Is the creaky steering wheel on certain vehicles that received suboptimal parts?
This is the first I have heard of it. I truly hope that gets resolved for you both!!
No; it’s just a manufacturing issue with the parts. There are tolerances that weren’t perfect, so two parts can rub against one another to make the creak. The workaround is adding felt between those parts, and the redesign of the steering wheel is in the works.

No; it’s just a manufacturing issue with the parts. There are tolerances that weren’t perfect, so two parts can rub against one another to make the creak. The workaround is adding felt between those parts, and the redesign of the steering wheel is in the works.
Thanks. I haven’t noticed it , but will pay close attention.

Thanks. I haven’t noticed it , but will pay close attention.
I don’t have it, so it’s not on every car. That’s the issue with the tolerances from the manufacturer.

Back