Tri state area (NY, NJ, CT)

I’ve also driven through Ho Ho Kus and Nutley

Last edited:
I did mine in CT. The front entirely upto and including the side mirror is PPF and the rest is ceramic. The rear bumper is also PPF. Has been 2 weeks since I did it, no issues so far.
Who did you use. I was thinking of doing PPF.

I had a order for a fathom Blue Pure and then upgraded to a Quantum Grey Touring during the AIR credit time frame.

A guy in the Bronx, came out perfect. I used to use Enthusiast Auto in New Rochelle for my other high end cars but I had a bad experience with their use of adhesive promoter

Hey all. I just returned home from a service for my Touring and I wanted to share that I am quite happy with the location and setup of the Plainview Service Center.

They had loaners available (I was given a GT) and the agent provided me with daily calls with updates. My car was washed and fully charged when I picked her up and the process overall was efficient.

Living on the South Shore of LI, I found the location also convenient since it is right off the LIE.

Hey all. I just returned home from a service for my Touring and I wanted to share that I am quite happy with the location and setup of the Plainview Service Center.

They had loaners available (I was given a GT) and the agent provided me with daily calls with updates. My car was washed and fully charged when I picked her up and the process overall was efficient.

Living on the South Shore of LI, I found the location also convenient since it is right off the LIE.
That's awesome. A long ride for me from central jersey but closer than natick or Tyson corner.

If you drive over to New Jersey, I can break it in for you... i'll even be so nice that I wont charge a
Ha! Shocking how many offers I have gotten for exactly that. Brings me to a question though: Is there a break in period on the Airs? I know ICE vehicles often have a "break in" period where you aren't supposed to romp on the car, is the same true with the Lucid?

Ha! Shocking how many offers I have gotten for exactly that. Brings me to a question though: Is there a break in period on the Airs? I know ICE vehicles often have a "break in" period where you aren't supposed to romp on the car, is the same true with the Lucid?
Supposedly. I believe the first 2,000 miles or so, they say the motor will “loosen up” and you will start to see better efficiency. Anecdotally, that seemed to play out for me. But it was winter headed towards spring here, so the weather could just as easily have been the factor.

Supposedly. I believe the first 2,000 miles or so, they say the motor will “loosen up” and you will start to see better efficiency. Anecdotally, that seemed to play out for me. But it was winter headed towards spring here, so the weather could just as easily have been the factor.
I think that this still means you can do crazy launches and things, it just may not be at its full performance.(or range)

I think that this still means you can do crazy launches and things, it just may not be at its full performance.(or range)
Correct. I've never seen anyone here or at Lucid suggest that we "baby" the car for any break-in period. Launch away!

Maybe just do a tour of the tri-state area and then throw Pennsylvania and the rest of New England on afterwards.

Back