Tri state area (NY, NJ, CT)

I live in NY, albeit upstate Saratoga County, and I had a licensed electrical engineer install a 14-50 outlet for home charging. They're getting bamboozled.

I'm not an electrician but that does not make sense to me. You can charge using the included lucid charger via 14-50 outlet or install the 14-50 and buy a level 2 charger and plug in there.
I agree. That’s what I told him. I use a 14-50 and the mobile cable. The same outlet I used with my Teslas before my AGT.

Is it possible that a 14-50 and use of the mobile connector cable is not allowed in a garage in Nassau county? I can’t imagine that. That’s why I posted here.

I agree. That’s what I told him. I use a 14-50 and the mobile cable. The same outlet I used with my Teslas before my AGT.

Is it possible that a 14-50 and use of the mobile connector cable is not allowed in a garage in Nassau county? I can’t imagine that. That’s why I posted here.
i am in Nassau County and had a licensed electrician install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. The car charges fine with the mobile cable adding about 35 mi/hr of charging.

i am in Nassau County and had a licensed electrician install a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. The car charges fine with the mobile cable adding about 35 mi/hr of charging.
This is exactly what I told my friend. Same setup I have. It’s obvious he got screwed and forced into a much more expensive install.

Awesome! Sometimes Peotter's does the pre delivery detail or you can have the car go directly there from short hills (I think). That had been my plan had mine come in before EOY. PPF front, track package and full was about $2500, $3500 and $6800. Ceramic ran between $800-$3300. Your price may vary :). Guys there were very nice and helpful.

BTW, I submitted to chargeupnj for $250 rebate on 11/17 and still waiting on check.

Good luck!
Just got my $250 check from chargeupnj - so it took about 10 weeks. Waiting on electrician to upgrade my service and for the car to arrive (someday).

Reactions: ksn
Just got my $250 check from chargeupnj - so it took about 10 weeks. Waiting on electrician to upgrade my service and for the car to arrive (someday).
Finally!

I received the refund for my installation yesterday (First Energy Products). I submitted the request on 26h Dec and they approved it the day I picked up my Car (29th) and the check was sent within 4 weeks. Impressed by how streamlined the online process is

Still waiting on the $250 check for the charger, looks like I have to wait for 6 more weeks before that shows up

I assume one of you drove down Hoes Lane in Piscataway this afternoon in a zenith red. My daughter saw you and wanted to wave hello but you were too fast :).

I assume one of you drove down Hoes Lane in Piscataway this afternoon in a zenith red. My daughter saw you and wanted to wave hello but you were too fast :).
There’s a Hoes lane in Piscataway? Any where near Pimp place?

Wow! You have spotted another lucid in the first week of getting you car!! I have not see one in the wild since I took deliver late December. The only time I see one is when I am at the short hills mall 😀

Wow! You have spotted another lucid in the first week of getting you car!! I have not see one in the wild since I took deliver late December. The only time I see one is when I am at the short hills mall 😀

We should do a meet up in Hoes lane some times ;)

So, who’s in Oaktree Road, Edison NJ eating breakfast 😂. I am here too….

This one I assume

Attachments

• 20230305_131917.jpg
    20230305_131917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
lol… I don’t live there but came to breakfast in “Saravana bahawan” this morning (BoA parking lot). Temp plate Quantum Grey for in 5R3…

lol… I don’t live there but came to breakfast in “Saravana bahawan” this morning (BoA parking lot). Temp plate Quantum Grey for in 5R3…
Oh yeah, this place is known for Indian stuff. Me being an Indian as well.
Have you came here before? Remember seeing a zr air pass and freaking out while coming from school

Have you came here before? Remember seeing a zr air pass and freaking out while coming from school
I was there yesterday, oak tree and wood road ..

No but been to Hoes Lane 🤪🤪🤪 Piscataway

Back