Tri state area (NY, NJ, CT)

Any new owner with
Anyone have experience with https://signaturedetailing.com/? They're out of Hillsborough, NJ so closer to me than Eurotech up in Mahwah for PPF and Ceramic.
any new owner have input on who they used for PPF and ceramic? Finalizing touring today so I need to revisit :). Also anyone getting the outdoor cover? I should be able to get the car into garage but not sure I can open doors :).

I did mine in CT. The front entirely upto and including the side mirror is PPF and the rest is ceramic. The rear bumper is also PPF. Has been 2 weeks since I did it, no issues so far.

Just dropped my car at Eurotech in Mahwah NJ for PPF and ceramic.

Asking for NJ folks, did anyone of you upgrade L2 charging at home through rebate program? This is state program that is offered by PSEG as well JCPL. I'm served by PSEG so I was wondering if anyone went through the process. I'm thinking of upgrading as these incentives may not last longer. One doesn't need an EV car to upgrade the infra. So, some people may do given there is incentive. At a min, it may help with home value.

Asking for NJ folks, did anyone of you upgrade L2 charging at home through rebate program? This is state program that is offered by PSEG as well JCPL. I'm served by PSEG so I was wondering if anyone went through the process. I'm thinking of upgrading as these incentives may not last longer. One doesn't need an EV car to upgrade the infra. So, some people may do given there is incentive. At a min, it may help with home value.

I have JCPL and applied for the EV incentive program about 6 weeks ago. I heard back from them last week and had to enter a work order into my Chargepoint Home flex account for them to be able to review my charging history. Seems like it is a slow and complicated process.

I have JCPL and applied for the EV incentive program about 6 weeks ago. I heard back from them last week and had to enter a work order into my Chargepoint Home flex account for them to be able to review my charging history. Seems like it is a slow and complicated process.
Thank you. Looks like any typical govt program. I guess I'll give a call to PSEG guys to understand the process. I tried to fill the forms but it was asking for few things that I don't understand yet given I'm not acutually using one today. I don't have car yet but I was hoping to kick start this now before we get buried in snow.

Thank you. Looks like any typical govt program. I guess I'll give a call to PSEG guys to understand the process. I tried to fill the forms but it was asking for few things that I don't understand yet given I'm not acutually using one today. I don't have car yet but I was hoping to kick start this now before we get buried in snow.
Yes, the on line forms are not user friendly at all. Asks for a lot of information that one wouldn’t have. There are 2 programs - one for money for installing level 2 charger and the other one is for discounted rates which is the one I signed up for. Definitely very confusing and not straightforward process.

Confirmed a Touring on November 2nd. Quantum Grey, Tahoe interior. Glass, sureal sound pro, dream drive. Hopefully I will get my car by Summer 2023. DDP pushed me out of 2022. No problem, love my Porsche but looking forward to Lucid AT.
I reside on L.I. Hoping that there are several other future owners in the same area. A group drive out east, along the ocean should be a lot of fun.

I am south shore Nassau not far off the Meadowbrook.

Yes, the on line forms are not user friendly at all. Asks for a lot of information that one wouldn’t have. There are 2 programs - one for money for installing level 2 charger and the other one is for discounted rates which is the one I signed up for. Definitely very confusing and not straightforward process.
I bought the juicebox 40 ($549 at Costco) as it is the only charger that is good for a $250 rebate at: https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/ev-charger-incentive. Just need to send receipt. I haven't gotten the check yet. I found that submitting to PSEG for their Electric Vehicle Charging Program was pretty easy. They provide $1500 for installation and upgrade of service to support the L2 charger (customer side): https://nj.myaccount.pseg.com/MyServicePublic/ElectricVehicles. I am getting an upgrade to my 150A to 200A - which requires a transformer upgrade by PSEG (utility side). They cover up to $5000 on that - cost was about $4000. Upon signing up - PSEG emailed an approval and now I have to submit receipt upon completion of the job - which has not been done yet. Lastly the federal govt has a tax credit under the Inflation Reduction Act which is 30% of the cost of hardware and installation, up to $1,000.

Hoping to get Touring in the next few weeks :).

Any new owner with

any new owner have input on who they used for PPF and ceramic? Finalizing touring today so I need to revisit :). Also anyone getting the outdoor cover? I should be able to get the car into garage but not sure I can open doors :).
Too far for you but I used Gabe at Total Detailing in Pottstown, PA. Also have the car cover. It's heavy ... twice as heavy as the one I had on the SL600. It's not that hard to get it back in the bag either...
PXL_20221103_144212367.jpg
PXL_20221103_151208936.jpg

film and coated everywhere. not sure about the tint ... probably did not need it. waited a few weeks for the appointment; took two weeks to apply. Did not drive the car after delivery just waited for the appointment. it was not easy to sit with her all that time...waiting...but so worth it ... don't you agree ?

Too far for you but I used Gabe at Total Detailing in Pottstown, PA. Also have the car cover. It's heavy ... twice as heavy as the one I had on the SL600. It's not that hard to get it back in the bag either...
View attachment 7530View attachment 7531
film and coated everywhere. not sure about the tint ... probably did not need it. waited a few weeks for the appointment; took two weeks to apply. Did not drive the car after delivery just waited for the appointment. it was not easy to sit with her all that time...waiting...but so worth it ... don't you agr
film and coated everywhere. not sure about the tint ... probably did not need it. waited a few weeks for the appointment; took two weeks to apply. Did not drive the car after delivery just waited for the appointment. it was not easy to sit with her all that time...waiting...but so worth it ... don't you agree ?

Congrats and looks great! I wished my garage was wide enough to fit the car in comfortably. Hope to see my Touring in the next few weeks. I'll be getting partial PPF and maybe ceramic at Peotter's which is in the next town from Short Hills. Peotter's actually does detailing for Lucid Short Hills.

Congrats and looks great! I wished my garage was wide enough to fit the car in comfortably. Hope to see my Touring in the next few weeks. I'll be getting partial PPF and maybe ceramic at Peotter's which is in the next town from Short Hills. Peotter's actually does detailing for Lucid Short Hills.
I called Peotter to get estimates for the PPF and they asked me to bring in the car after delivery to provide the estimate.

My L2 charger was installed today (Juice Box 40), its available in Best Buy for $549 with 25 Ft cable and now need to submit the documents for charger rebates and installation refund from JCP&L.

@moytoyx , Thanks a lot for the PPF suggestions and links to the rebates

Back