Touring vs Pure - It just occurred to me

limtless

So the Pure and AT have the same range per the web, but they use different tires! The Pure uses 19" and the AT uses 20" by default. So if you read my tires thread on range it's a ~4% difference in range as you increase the tire size per inch. That would mean the AT on 19" should get a range of 422/423 miles. So that means there is a battery pack difference which some of you may already have known.

Just some food for thought if range matters to you, 19" wheels on all models, and with the AT you get some added features with range on 19" tires...there goes some of the price difference.

I think we just have to wait and see when Lucid releases full info on those trims. Seems like a lot of contradictory information is out there at the moment.

I have to assume that since complete information on Touring and Pure trims isn't available, it'll be some time before the cars are.

How about HP? If you get the AWD on the Pure, what do you get for the $5500 upgrade? I hope 620hp. There is only a delta of $10k between the two and I hope the difference is on the glass roof, real leather interior and the 20" wheels.

How about HP? If you get the AWD on the Pure, what do you get for the $5500 upgrade? I hope 620hp. There is only a delta of $10k between the two and I hope the difference is on the glass roof, real leather interior and the 20" wheels.
The glass roof is optional on both.

The glass roof is optional on both.

Maybe it was optional at some point but not currently if you design a Pure model.

Screenshot_20220702-101859.png

Maybe it was optional at some point but not currently if you design a Pure model.

Correct, the glass roof was never an option on the Pure and you have no choice on the interior color.

I keep seeing the battery back sizes will be different. How can that be?
18 modules (756v) instead of 22 modules (924v).
Aside from size, Also Samsung and LG difference maybe?

As far as we've read on these forums, the only cars using the Samsung cells were the Dreams with everyone else using the LG cells. Unsure what's being put into the GTP though.

View attachment 3195
Oh, right. Sorry. What I meant to say was that you have to pay extra for the glass roof on the Touring. So it doesn't factor into the price difference.

As far as we've read on these forums, the only cars using the Samsung cells were the Dreams with everyone else using the LG cells. Unsure what's being put into the GTP though.
I have been told by a couple of different Lucid Employees that the batteries between the Dream and at least the early GTs are the same. On the other hand, Peter did say the chemistry between the Dream and GTs is different implying that the Samsung versus LG difference.

Do you guys know if the suspension and the brakes is the same through out all the air Models? My understanding is that the brakes are really good on the Air Dream P.

Back