Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will make some deliveries by end of this year but majority of deliveries happen in Q1/2 of next year. If they won’t make any deliveries until Q3 2023 then they are in big trouble.
Agree- if they don’t hit Q1 to Q2 at latest for the majority they’re going to run into a lot more 2023 announcements and releases.

I know that if we don’t confirm by October, we might be considering the polestar 3, or whatever else becomes available too.

Enjoy! Please let us know your thoughts after the test drive. 🙂

Enjoy! Please let us know your thoughts after the test drive. 🙂
So the production car was actually in the showroom, the test drive was still a pre-production. Gabi at the Studio was really knowledgeable, I signed something saying I wouldn't drive abusively or take the car out of state, and we went on the drive.

The first thing was the amount of space in the cabin. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of room in the front. With the seat in the right place for me to drive, I probably had 4" of space in the back seat between my knees and the front seat.
Driving it was similar to driving a Tesla in chill mode. I had to push the accelerator down more to get things going, but of course the car had ample power. Regen felt just a bit harsher than a Model S. The controls seemed to be laid out in an intuitive manner. The massage function was awesome, it's a shame it won't be available on the Touring.

The ride was a lot smoother than my wife's Model S and my X5. I can see driving it long distances and being really comfortable the whole way.

The only thing that didn't seem to work right was the creep function. We enabled it at a stop light and it didn't seem to be working, the car would roll backwards when I let off the brake. Besides that, we didn't hit any software bugs.

The most important part was my wife liked it a lot so she's all in. Whenever they do confirmations I guess it's time to figure out how charging 2 EV's in our garage will work.

So the production car was actually in the showroom, the test drive was still a pre-production. Gabi at the Studio was really knowledgeable, I signed something saying I wouldn't drive abusively or take the car out of state, and we went on the drive.

The first thing was the amount of space in the cabin. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of room in the front. With the seat in the right place for me to drive, I probably had 4" of space in the back seat between my knees and the front seat.
Driving it was similar to driving a Tesla in chill mode. I had to push the accelerator down more to get things going, but of course the car had ample power. Regen felt just a bit harsher than a Model S. The controls seemed to be laid out in an intuitive manner. The massage function was awesome, it's a shame it won't be available on the Touring.

The ride was a lot smoother than my wife's Model S and my X5. I can see driving it long distances and being really comfortable the whole way.

The only thing that didn't seem to work right was the creep function. We enabled it at a stop light and it didn't seem to be working, the car would roll backwards when I let off the brake. Besides that, we didn't hit any software bugs.

The most important part was my wife liked it a lot so she's all in. Whenever they do confirmations I guess it's time to figure out how charging 2 EV's in our garage will work.
Creep function means it rolls when you let off the brake. Hold means it stays still.

Got this today, doubt it means anything but it's hopeful.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your reply and i hope this finds you well.

Production for the Lucid Air Touring will start Q3 once I have more information on the delivery timing I will share them with you.

I will be checking in with you to keep you informed and to answer any future questions you might have.

All the best,

Katja Wingo | HQ Sales Advisor

Got this today, doubt it means anything but it's hopeful.

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your reply and i hope this finds you well.

Production for the Lucid Air Touring will start Q3 once I have more information on the delivery timing I will share them with you.

I will be checking in with you to keep you informed and to answer any future questions you might have.

All the best,

Katja Wingo | HQ Sales Advisor

How curious. My sales advisor said it would be going into production early Q4 when I asked if there was a delay.

How curious. My sales advisor said it would be going into production early Q4 when I asked if there was a delay.
Same here. Reps at Lucid have been saying Q4 for a while now. But who knows? Maybe this is the "August Surprise" they will release before the earnings call, just to help the stock from tanking? I doubt it. Much more likely this one rep either meant Q3 or just hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Production Q3, delivery Q4? Is that the “official” word now?

You folks are way optimistic as Lucid has completely shut down all deliveries for a undetermined time. Go to the Lucid Insider for details……

You folks are way optimistic as Lucid has completely shut down all deliveries for a undetermined time. Go to the Lucid Insider for details……
Lucid Insider is here on the forum. That story came from one of our threads.

Lucid Insider is here on the forum. That story came from one of our threads.
My point is that there are still thousands of GT’s to produce and deliver and now a complete stoppage. The dates being thrown out for major Touring production is a pipe dream at best.

One person posted the shutdown information. Multiple others have posted that they heard from Lucid employees who have heard nothing of a shutdown. Until more sources confirm it, it's all hearsay and should be taken with a giant grain of salt...

@rbbarry , active in these forums, quoted *these* forums in his blog, and has acknowledged it upfront. And here you are, quoting him.

Classic case of circular reference; or which comes first: Chicken or Egg?

Yes, you are 100% right about the delays in delivery; but the reason for the delays "stopping deliveries system wide" has not been validated. On the contrary, a friend of mine picked his car up yesterday. And the DA dates communicated to members could be a pipe dream/vapor ware. Time will tell.

And as another member stated, we like/love to speculate in these forums - leaning heavily towards the negative. Which is fair, since these forums, are primarily to air our/their grievances as opposed to the best things. (I think for every 1 positive post, I see about 5 or 10 negative posts. And the 1 positive post soon spirals into a negative one.)

AW, time will tell ... And the beat goes on ...

Reserved: 13 May 22: Zenith Red, Tahoe interior, 19" wheels, Glass Roof

How do I get added to the tracker? White Touring with Santa Cruz, 20” wheels, SSP, and glass canopy. Reservation date is 9/7/21

Reserved 10-19-21 - Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back