Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. The Costa Mesa service was full with GTs ready for delivery. No empty spots so this location is bottlenecked until they can clear the cars. Better communication from the DAs will help clear the service centers. Mine was there for an extra week because the DA did not communicate the status until it was ready for delivery and it took the week to clear my funds, wire them and get my insurance updated.

Oh. That’s not good.
The last two earnings reports were 1.5 months after the end of the quarter So mid August for Q2. Probably.

Reserved May 13 2022 Quantum GrayTouring Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Weird, she said her manager told they aren't doing them for Touring res holders yet, but they'll make an exception. They're waiting on a production Touring for general test drives.
My test drive was scheduled for today, but I got a call yesterday saying they were pushing it 1-2 weeks until they get a production car in. I guess the car they've been using was pre-production and things have changed a bit.

My test drive was scheduled for today, but I got a call yesterday saying they were pushing it 1-2 weeks until they get a production car in. I guess the car they've been using was pre-production and things have changed a bit.
I think it would be worth the extra 1-2 weeks for the production car. Will be a better experience, and more realistic.

So this is big news - they are actually producing Tourings!

They specifically said a production Touring trim?

im sure it’s a GT.

Had GT test drive today. Despite all the expectations I had from the glowing reviews and the high standard I have after putting 28,000 miles on my Taycan 4S, the Lucid EXCEEDED my expectations. The ridiculous acceleration, good handling, exterior beauty, and luxurious roomy interior is unsurpassed by anything else on the road. A Touring for $100g is a downright bargain in my opinion. Advisor said to expect to spec my Touring pretty soon for delivery in 2022. Oct 14, 2020 and May 31,2022 reservations. Totally stoked!!!

Attachments

• 20220717_130111.jpg
    20220717_130111.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220717_130130.jpg
    20220717_130130.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 20220717_130143.jpg
    20220717_130143.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
  • 20220717_130201.jpg
    20220717_130201.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 20220717_130234.jpg
    20220717_130234.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Had GT test drive today. Despite all the expectations I had from the glowing reviews and the high standard I have after putting 28,000 miles on my Taycan 4S, the Lucid EXCEEDED my expectations. The ridiculous acceleration, good handling, exterior beauty, and luxurious roomy interior is unsurpassed by anything else on the road. A Touring for $100g is a downright bargain in my opinion. Advisor said to expect to spec my Touring pretty soon for delivery in 2022. Oct 20, 2020 and May 31,2022 reservations. Totally stoked!!!
And you have been waiting for so so long!

Also, just drove a demo GT in Short Hills and was astounded by the overall quality and performance. Sure the software was a bit slow and balky at times but nothing to keep me from liking the experience. I would say the fit and finish were on a par with our Audi A6 and Mercedes E-450 but the Lucid ride, handling and acceleration were superior. I drove the GT in only the slower modes as my Touring will compare better that way. Cudos to Alex V. and Alex #2 for answering all my questions and making the afternoon extremely enjoyable. Can’t wait to get mine!

Attachments

• B1A445EE-6E5B-4F1D-94CE-828F083B5B39.jpeg
    B1A445EE-6E5B-4F1D-94CE-828F083B5B39.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
Had GT test drive today. Despite all the expectations I had from the glowing reviews and the high standard I have after putting 28,000 miles on my Taycan 4S, the Lucid EXCEEDED my expectations. The ridiculous acceleration, good handling, exterior beauty, and luxurious roomy interior is unsurpassed by anything else on the road. A Touring for $100g is a downright bargain in my opinion. Advisor said to expect to spec my Touring pretty soon for delivery in 2022. Oct 14, 2020 and May 31,2022 reservations. Totally stoked!!!
But GT acceleration is stronger than T will be, right?

But GT acceleration is stronger than T will be, right?
Yes, but 2.6 (GT Performance) and 3.0 (GT Range) compared to 3.2 (Touring) isn't huge for 99% of what you're doing. If you launched at every stoplight your passengers might make a mess all over your new car.

Yes, but 2.6 (GT Performance) and 3.0 (GT Range) compared to 3.2 (Touring) isn't huge for 99% of what you're doing. If you launched at every stoplight your passengers might make a mess all over your new car.
I would hypothesize that passengers would be unable to tell the difference in acceleration characteristics between GT and T models at all without using a stopwatch.

I would hypothesize that passengers would be unable to tell the difference in acceleration characteristics between GT and T models at all without using a stopwatch.
I agree completely with both of you....it just seems these fractions of a second are huge marketing points, and therefor must mean a lot to somebody. I have a Cayenne S that's rated 4.2 sec 0--60, and I can barely get my foot to the floor on an uphill on-ramp (and Never with my wife in the car....)

I guess they are just doing the same marketing as every other car manufacturer, because buyers really seem to care about these small differences...

I guess they are just doing the same marketing as every other car manufacturer, because buyers really seem to care about these small differences...
Bragging rights are no small thing. There's no question people "in the know" will think just a little less of me when they fiund out I went with the Touring and not the GT.

"Try a little harder next time, Joe."

Gotta love capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back