Tidal Plans and Pricing

I made the transition from Best Buy to the 30-day free trial, then went in to add in the military discount onto my Tidal account, and it seems to have worked seamlessly. I downgraded to just HiFi, because I don't think my hearing makes the HiFi Plus worth the extra $$$. (I always thought it was too good to be true.)

based on what I read on Reddit there was some sort of disconnect between Best Buy and Tidal so if you cancelled your membership via Best Buy, somehow Tidal was not notified and your account continued for free. If this was indeed the case then I can see why it was discontinued.

based on what I read on Reddit there was some sort of disconnect between Best Buy and Tidal so if you cancelled your membership via Best Buy, somehow Tidal was not notified and your account continued for free. If this was indeed the case then I can see why it was discontinued.
makes sense, cuz that sounds like me. on my desktop tidal app, i could still play masters and such tracks even though i cancelled my 3 month trial.

Yeah I have this where I have full access to atmos in the lucid and all apps. Just received my nakamichi dragon setup so must keep it going no matter what

I can’t figure out my Best Buy/Tidal account. Best Buy says it was a FREE account and expired on 7/9/2023. There is no renewal option at Best Buy and I don’t have a credit card on file. Tidal says I have a Hi-Fi Plus Family Account and paid through Best Buy. The account still works. I don’t use it much. I guess people who really use Tidal wind up paying for it, and I wind up not paying and not using it much – seems fair to me….

GOOD NEWS
I have a Tidal HiFi Plus subscription with Military Discount @ $12/mo + tax. Just got an email that says they are discontinuing Military discount and combining HiFi and HiFi Plus in to ONE subscription. It also seems that there will be the same cost to all subscribers for the new subscription "TIDAL" at a lower cost to everyone without need of discount plan. Unless I misread~

On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.
We will also be discontinuing your discount plan on June 10, 2024. On your first billing date on or after June 10, you will be subscribed to a TIDAL Individual plan at $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month.
Please visit your Subscription page if you’d like to cancel your subscription before then.
You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page on your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.

Awesome, hope this is true for all members, which would make it the same $ as Apple Music. I have not received any notification of them combining plans and reducing the price.

hmm.. I tried to sign up yesterday after Sirius expired and it wanted $19.99 a month for HiFi option (which I assume I want for Atmos). Anyone else able to tell me there is a cheaper option?

HiFi Plus is Atmos, HiFi currently does not support Atmos but maybe that will change with the above post?

I also received the email today from Tidal. I had signed up for Tidal with the military discount for $11.00 per month which I thought was a good deal. Now it does seem that everyone can get that price. Tidal certainly should become much more popular for Lucid owners.

Was there any mention of new family plan pricing?
No, it just referenced the plan that I am subscribed to. Website still shows the old or current plans, email says my billing on my new plan, April 10, will be at the new price. Perhaps the first of April will be all of the "new" plans.

The Tidal app seems to have a lot more details than the Tidal website.
---

What changes are coming to TIDAL subscriptions on April 10, 2024?

We're updating our pricing for TIDAL globally. Starting April 10, 2024, subscribers will be able to access all our current streaming features, including all premium audio formats, on a single subscription tier called TIDAL. An add-on will be available at an additional monthly cost to access TIDAL's catalog on DJ hardware and software.

How will the combination of HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single TIDAL plan affect my current subscription?

Subscribers of the HiFi Plus and HiFi tiers will be transitioned to the new TIDAL tier, Individual plan, ensuring continued access to over 110 million tracks in lossless quality, including HiRes FLAC and Dolby Atmos, at a consolidated price of $10.99 USD/month on an Individual plan.

HiFi Plus subscribers on an Individual plan who actively use TIDAL’s DJ integrations will automatically get access to the $9 USD/month DJ add-on and will continue paying the same total price.

What changes are made to the Family Plan?

The HiFi Plus and HiFi Family plans will be combined into a new Family subscription tier priced at $16.99 USD/month called TIDAL Family.

DJ Extension Updates

What is the DJ Extension, and how much does it cost?

The DJ Extension is an add-on available on Individual plans for $9 USD/month that allows access to over 110 million songs in lossless quality through TIDAL’s suite of DJ partners. This is in addition to the TIDAL Individual plan priced at $10.99 USD/month.

I can’t figure out my Best Buy/Tidal account. Best Buy says it was a FREE account and expired on 7/9/2023. There is no renewal option at Best Buy and I don’t have a credit card on file. Tidal says I have a Hi-Fi Plus Family Account and paid through Best Buy. The account still works. I don’t use it much. I guess people who really use Tidal wind up paying for it, and I wind up not paying and not using it much – seems fair to me….
i have the same deal through best buy. Except i signed up for hifi individual. But it expired yet it's still active. So I have a free hifi individual account. I'm hoping this means i can start to listen to atmos sound tracks after April 10th! Or they'll figure out and cancel our free accounts lol.

On April 10, Tidal is combining HiFi and HiFi Plus streaming plans. The good news is that the new remaining tier will simply be called Tidal and will cost $10.95 a month. In other words, all Tidal users will get CD quality flac files, plus super high rez files, and Atmos files, all for the $10.99 a month, not the $19.99 now charged.

Tidal was forced to do this to compete with Amazon and Apple music, which now include high resolution files in their 9.99 and 10.99 plans.

MQA is being phased out, thankfully.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003662825-Subscription-Types

On April 10, Tidal is combining HiFi and HiFi Plus streaming plans. The good news is that the new remaining tier will simply be called Tidal and will cost $10.95 a month. In other words, all Tidal users will get CD quality flac files, plus super high rez files, and Atmos files, all for the $10.99 a month, not the $19.99 now charged.

Tidal was forced to do this to compete with Amazon and Apple music, which now include high resolution files in their 9.99 and 10.99 plans.

MQA is being phased out, thankfully.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003662825-Subscription-Types
What's wrong with MQA?

GOOD NEWS
I have a Tidal HiFi Plus subscription with Military Discount @ $12/mo + tax. Just got an email that says they are discontinuing Military discount and combining HiFi and HiFi Plus in to ONE subscription. It also seems that there will be the same cost to all subscribers for the new subscription "TIDAL" at a lower cost to everyone without need of discount plan. Unless I misread~

On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.
We will also be discontinuing your discount plan on June 10, 2024. On your first billing date on or after June 10, you will be subscribed to a TIDAL Individual plan at $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month.
Please visit your Subscription page if you’d like to cancel your subscription before then.
You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page on your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.
Yep… received same email today. I initially ignored it because I assumed it was a price increase. When I have 5 mins to read my email, I was stunned haha.

So let me get this straight, starting April 10, for $10.99 a month we can get Dolby Atmos in the Air natively on Tidal?

Back