Tidal Plans and Pricing

MorganB

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Touring Silver Santa Cruz
Referral Code
93UMQZHW
I was looking for Tidal discounts since I am keeping it for Atmos and noticed that Best Buy offers Hifi plus for 120$ a year. If you are a total tech member it’s currently 99$. You cannot add it to your current subscription. You have to create a new account with a new email. I have read that you can speak with tidal support and they will transfer your playlists etc from your old account to your new one. I’ll be giving this a try in a couple of days.

I was looking for Tidal discounts since I am keeping it for Atmos and noticed that Best Buy offers Hifi plus for 120$ a year. If you are a total tech member it’s currently 99$. You cannot add it to your current subscription. You have to create a new account with a new email. I have read that you can speak with tidal support and they will transfer your playlists etc from your old account to your new one. I’ll be giving this a try in a couple of days.

Ends up being half price. Not bad.

I believe this Tidal Hi-Fi Plus account may be used on single device, you may have to login and log off from each device. Perhaps our existing account is Tidal Hi-Fi Family? We have 5 devices using current Tidal account without disruption despite only 2 devices (Air, home theater) have ATMOS capability. We have one iPhone device with Tidal which is very convenient to use CarPlay on car that doesnot have Tidal app.

Let us know your experience on this promotional account.

I believe this Tidal Hi-Fi Plus account may be used on single device, you may have to login and log off from each device. Perhaps our existing account is Tidal Hi-Fi Family? We have 5 devices using current Tidal account without disruption despite only 2 devices (Air, home theater) have ATMOS capability. We have one iPhone device with Tidal which is very convenient to use CarPlay on car that doesnot have Tidal app.

Let us know your experience on this promotional account.
Hi Fi Plus family is sold on the Tidal website as well for $30 a month. It allows you to create 6 separate accounts (usernames and passwords with separate playlists etc) so I think that is the difference as opposed to the number of devices. I can confirm once I migrate. I've bought the plan but I have 4 more days left on my original account before I activate.

Best buy also has deals on the Tidal HiFi Plus family plans. $179.99 for a 1 year subscription or $1 promo for 3 months. Links below.

Family 1 year
Family 3 month

The 3 month plans auto renew at a monthly billing. For example the Hi Fi Plus renews at 15$ a month so 180$ annual. Still less than direct with Tidal but more than the 120$ annual if you plan to keep Tidal.

Thanks for the info... I had a $55 gift certificate, so it's a bargain for the year. I had tried the 3-month trial, but canceled after about a month. We'll see how this year goes - no problem purchasing/activating through Best Buy.

This isn't for Atmos right?

My Tidal expired today and I was actually able to just update my original account with my Best Buy purchase. I just clicked on the “activate now” link in the Best Buy email. I had to wait for the original subscription to expire before it would work.
IMG_1600.jpeg

This is helpful. Thanks!

This is helpful. Thanks!
You're welcome :)

I also noticed that my Tidal expired at the time of day that I initially opened the account. So rather than expiring at midnight today it expired sometime between noon and 2:30 and thats about when I picked up my Lucid brand new because I set up Tidal when I took delivery with the delivery agent in the car with me.

I got an error in the Lucid that said no active subscription when I got in my car after lunch so I just grabbed my phone and clicked on the activate now link in the Best Buy email and logged into my existing Tidal account. It instantly activated the account. I then just selected a different song on Tidal in the Air screen and it started playing.

You're welcome :)

I also noticed that my Tidal expired at the time of day that I initially opened the account. So rather than expiring at midnight today it expired sometime between noon and 2:30 and thats about when I picked up my Lucid brand new because I set up Tidal when I took delivery with the delivery agent in the car with me.

I got an error in the Lucid that said no active subscription when I got in my car after lunch so I just grabbed my phone and clicked on the activate now link in the Best Buy email and logged into my existing Tidal account. It instantly activated the account. I then just selected a different song on Tidal in the Air screen and it started playing.
I have 30 days left in mine then I'll try this.

My Tidal expired today and I was actually able to just update my original account with my Best Buy purchase. I just clicked on the “activate now” link in the Best Buy email. I had to wait for the original subscription to expire before it would work.

Thanks for this info! I also let my previous subscription expire and then followed your instructions for re-activation. Only $99 for the year as a TotalTech member and all my playlists were still in place. Nice $140 savings!

Pete

Are you basing the expiration date off of your delivery date? Or is the expiration date displayed somewhere that I can look at for mine?
I wouldn't go by the delivery date. Just logon to your account on-line and view the subscription information. It will show when it expires.

Pete

Tidal also offers a 40% discount if you're active duty military, a military vet or a first responder.
Where did you see you get a 40% discount for being a first responder?

Back