Third party windshield install

Pragmatic

Has anyone had a windshield replaced by anyone other than a service center? Hit by a rock a week ago now a crack has opened up.
I'd rather not transport to the service center.

In the Phoenix area Lucid has outsourced windshield repairs to K&B Auto Glass. Lucid has trained them and Lucid does the ADAS re-calibration after the replacement. The service center told me that this frees up their technicians to work on other repairs. I had my windshield replaced last week by K&B and there were no issues. The glass is still sourced from lucid so I expect only Lucid or Lucid trained glass companies can source the glass and complete the repair.

In the Phoenix area Lucid has outsourced windshield repairs to K&B Auto Glass. Lucid has trained them and Lucid does the ADAS re-calibration after the replacement. The service center told me that this frees up their technicians to work on other repairs. I had my windshield replaced last week by K&B and there were no issues. The glass is still sourced from lucid so I expect only Lucid or Lucid trained glass companies can source the glass and complete the repair.
Do you know if all KB locations are trained or only in Scottsdale?

Do you know if all KB locations are trained or only in Scottsdale?
I believe that it was the Gilbert location and it is only one location that is trained so far. K&B does the work at the service center so John coordinated it all for me.

Back