The terrible horrible no good very bad Day … 21s vs Stone. +1 for lucid service

Bbq9

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
No this is not a story about Alexander —- and if you want a “Debbie Downer”** story, stop reading.

So much as the 21’ wheels and a terrible horrible no good very bad day. the front drivers wheel clipped a stone this morning, a tore a chunk out of the side wall. Instant pressure loss.
This could have gone horribly wrong - my wife was driving the kids - luckily all safe. The car immediately handled differently, but in a controllable manner. She was able to get the car off the road - and - survey the damage

While my wife called Customer Service / Roadside assistance, I contacted Millbrae service centre. Being end of month / quarter / holidays - a mobile service was not a real option, and the roadside assistance got a flatbed on its way within about 5 mins of calling them.

The car was at Millbrae ~90mins after the incident

Ironically - I was heading to Millbrae tomorrow to get 19s installed. Instead - despite how busy they are with deliveries - they changed the wheels, cleaned the car, and returned it to the house a little after 6pm. Texts throughout, including a picture of the new wheels

Traumatic, for the wife/kids on the school run - but gold star from Millbrae

** all Debbie’s mentioned in this message are fictitious and any similarity or generalizations inferred are in the readers mind.

Attachments

• B5491288-460B-4C38-AC34-4BB7F1C16993.jpeg
    B5491288-460B-4C38-AC34-4BB7F1C16993.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • 8BE9EBC5-1703-4E3C-AEF8-07C56B55924C.jpeg
    8BE9EBC5-1703-4E3C-AEF8-07C56B55924C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • F821EF73-0FF5-4E88-8832-C10860256520.jpeg
    F821EF73-0FF5-4E88-8832-C10860256520.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 140
That's a big A$$ rock!!!!

I grew up in the canyons of SoCal, to the point i could drive some blindfolded. And we have rock slides all the time on the road... and that to me is still as huge rock. Glad all in all everything good

No this is not a story about Alexander —- and if you want a “Debbie Downer”** story, stop reading.

So much as the 21’ wheels and a terrible horrible no good very bad day. the front drivers wheel clipped a stone this morning, a tore a chunk out of the side wall. Instant pressure loss.
This could have gone horribly wrong - my wife was driving the kids - luckily all safe. The car immediately handled differently, but in a controllable manner. She was able to get the car off the road - and - survey the damage

While my wife called Customer Service / Roadside assistance, I contacted Millbrae service centre. Being end of month / quarter / holidays - a mobile service was not a real option, and the roadside assistance got a flatbed on its way within about 5 mins of calling them.

The car was at Millbrae ~90mins after the incident

Ironically - I was heading to Millbrae tomorrow to get 19s installed. Instead - despite how busy they are with deliveries - they changed the wheels, cleaned the car, and returned it to the house a little after 6pm. Texts throughout, including a picture of the new wheels

Traumatic, for the wife/kids on the school run - but gold star from Millbrae

** all Debbie’s mentioned in this message are fictitious and any similarity or generalizations inferred are in the readers mind.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the damages? Curious on Lucid labor and charges for something similar.

But so glad they're all okay! Could've been so much worse.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the damages? Curious on Lucid labor and charges for something similar.

But so glad they're all okay! Could've been so much worse.
So .. $0 for fittings the 19s and getting the car back to us etc

Repair of the 21s, we're working through since the wear itself was also suspect
I am expecting to have to pay for the repair to the wheel since that was obviously stone damage, and I come back from the snow early Jan and will switch back then
I seem to remember others have had road-rash repaired for around $175, but I might be making that up :)

So .. $0 for fittings the 19s and getting the car back to us etc

Repair of the 21s, we're working through since the wear itself was also suspect
I am expecting to have to pay for the repair to the wheel since that was obviously stone damage, and I come back from the snow early Jan and will switch back then
I seem to remember others have had road-rash repaired for around $175, but I might be making that up :)
I think it was $250

Back