Luck o' the Irish

since Lucid cannot register the car to me in their system until I provide a copy of the title in my name

Hi. Just a copy of the bill of sale (showing VIN) and your temporary registration should do it - at least that's all I had to provide when I purchased mine.

Been following the saga and very glad to hear all has worked out for you.

The replacement car arrived yesterday with exactly 11,500 less miles on it than the original. The interior was pristine, but the exterior had a few minor issues: a door ding, a small paint flaw, and some light scratches on the rear bumper. The door ding is being addressed today by the guy who handled two door dings on the original car, and the paint issues will be taken care of when the car is prepped for PPF film next week. The software had already been updated to 2.0.58 and Apple CarPlay was working once I paired my phone.

The car arrived with two key fobs but only one key card. Lucid will program a card to the car and send it to me. Lucid also told me that there was a way to wipe all the driver info and settings from the car and return it to factory settings. However, since I wasn't entirely confident the fobs and card would get me back in the car if all links were removed, I removed each profile setting one-by-one and entered my own: owner PIN, facial profiles, phone pairing, Alexa, Spotify, Tidal, Apple CarPlay, HomeLink programming. It took quite a while.

The hardest task was removing the New Hampshire inspection sticker in the lower left windshield. The slope of the windshield and the Glass Cockpit module made the area almost impossible to reach. In fact, I couldn't and had to enlist the aid of longer arms.

The tires have virtually no visible wear, but I'm replacing them tomorrow with a new set. About 1,000 miles was put on the car while it was in New Hampshire over the winter and, although the dealer assured me it was never driven in snow or inclement weather, I'm worried that the tires experienced some "glassification" in the cold weather that introduced microscopic cracking in the tread compound -- something that can begin around 40º with summer tires.

The first appointment I could get to replace the Radenso radar/laser detection system is June 12 (as it's a 5-day installation), so I've got to keep an eye on speed while driving, as it's so easy to take on speed in this car without realizing it.

It's a slog, but I'll soon return to driving the best car I've ever owned.

The hardest task was removing the New Hampshire inspection sticker in the lower left windshield
I know the feeling!
When I got my car there was a Toll Pass on that exact spot, and it was so difficult to remove. Had to take a razor at an angle with some goo-gone and it took a very long time because of the slope of the windshield and how difficult it is to reach that position.

But congratulations on receiving the replacement!

I know the feeling!
When I got my car there was a Toll Pass on that exact spot, and it was so difficult to remove. Had to take a razor at an angle with some goo-gone and it took a very long time because of the slope of the windshield and how difficult it is to reach that position.

But congratulations on receiving the replacement!

Yep, people should be warned about placing stickers in that location. You can't stand outside the car and reach around the A pillar, as the Glass Cockpit is so close to the pillar. I tried holding a razor blade with a pair of pliers and even with a pair of bar-b-que tongs but couldn't get the angle on the blade I needed. Finally, after a lot of contorting, someone with longer arms finally got the sticker off piece by piece with the razor blade. I then went through a quarter of a bottle of Goo-Gone soaked into rags on the end of a windshield cleaning wand to remove the glue residue, as it was too difficult to maneuver the razor blade precisely enough. I had to be very careful with the Goo-Gone, as there is a plastic grille in the dashboard under that spot, and I didn't want to stain it or drip Goo-Gone into whatever was behind the grill. Then I had to repeat the whole exercise with a cleaner to remove the Goo-Gone. It was the most aggravating thing I've ever attempted to do inside a car.

I have no idea how someone positioned the sticker so well aligned in the first place.

Yep, people should be warned about placing stickers in that location. You can't stand outside the car and reach around the A pillar, as the Glass Cockpit is so close to the pillar. I tried holding a razor blade with a pair of pliers and even with a pair of bar-b-que tongs but couldn't get the angle on the blade I needed. Finally, after a lot of contorting, someone with longer arms finally got the sticker off piece by piece with the razor blade. I then went through a quarter of a bottle of Goo-Gone soaked into rags on the end of a windshield cleaning wand to remove the glue residue, as it was too difficult to maneuver the razor blade precisely enough. I had to be very careful with the Goo-Gone, as there is a plastic grille in the dashboard under that spot, and I didn't want to stain it or drip Goo-Gone into whatever was behind the grill. Then I had to repeat the whole exercise with a cleaner to remove the Goo-Gone. It was the most aggravating thing I've ever attempted to do inside a car.

I have no idea how someone positioned the sticker so well aligned in the first place.
Yeah, I know what grill you're talking about. I dropped a tiny bit of sticker while removing that Toll Pass and it's settled into the plastic grill there (I think there's a speaker there? Idk)
But I can see the tiny piece or 2 of plastic in that grill from out side of the windshield but no idea how to vacuum it out. Might as well be impossible at this point.

I've accepted my fate

Use isopropyl alcohol next time instead

Back