The Lucid Learning Curve

Steve's Lucid

Cars
Grand Touring
Hey all! I am two weeks into my new Grand Touring. Am a former Tesla Model S owner and loving it. Am experiencing a slight learning curve on some things and hoping you can help on any of these I cannot figure out:

1. How do I get Alexa to read my text messages? I get no alerts or anything if texts that come in while I am driving. I've checked and Alexa seems to be set up right, I have toggled in both Alexa and Bluetooth my contacts and messages (my phone is paired with the car). But nothing happens when a text comes in.
2. Speaking of Alexa. I have engaged and asked her to get me directions to well known places in my town. I say "Alex, take me to (business name)," and nothing happens. Any idea why? If I bring up the nav on the pilot panel and put the business name in the search field, it comes up and I can choose the location before the nav takes over.
3. One of the creature comforts I loved about my Tesla was when I got in the car, my iPhone calendar appeared on the screen and I could hit an entry and the Lucid nav would take over. Does that exist in a Lucid? Or are they going to update it so it interacts with my iPhone calendar?
4. When I am driving, I sometimes see, just below the Air log on the main middle screen (to the right of the speedometer), what looks to be an orange eye with a slash through it and the word "off" just below. What is that? I didn't do anything to turn something off so not sure what it means and what to do.

Any help you can give would be great. Thanks.

1) Forget phone in car. Reconnect and ensure sharing of call history, contacts, etc.
2) Don't know. Easier to type most of the time.
3) Apple Carplay folks should know more.
4) Go to Settings. Dream Drive features. Ensure all options are turned on. This sounds like the attention monitoring capability.

3. If you want those features, use CarPlay exclusively.

2) try saying Alexa navigate to 123 main street, city

Hey all! I am two weeks into my new Grand Touring. Am a former Tesla Model S owner and loving it. Am experiencing a slight learning curve on some things and hoping you can help on any of these I cannot figure out:

1. How do I get Alexa to read my text messages? I get no alerts or anything if texts that come in while I am driving. I've checked and Alexa seems to be set up right, I have toggled in both Alexa and Bluetooth my contacts and messages (my phone is paired with the car). But nothing happens when a text comes in.
2. Speaking of Alexa. I have engaged and asked her to get me directions to well known places in my town. I say "Alex, take me to (business name)," and nothing happens. Any idea why? If I bring up the nav on the pilot panel and put the business name in the search field, it comes up and I can choose the location before the nav takes over.
3. One of the creature comforts I loved about my Tesla was when I got in the car, my iPhone calendar appeared on the screen and I could hit an entry and the Lucid nav would take over. Does that exist in a Lucid? Or are they going to update it so it interacts with my iPhone calendar?
4. When I am driving, I sometimes see, just below the Air log on the main middle screen (to the right of the speedometer), what looks to be an orange eye with a slash through it and the word "off" just below. What is that? I didn't do anything to turn something off so not sure what it means and what to do.

Any help you can give would be great. Thanks.
For Alexa I’d log out on your phone, log out of Alexa in the car, then log back in to both and try that? I use Siri in CarPlay now for most voice command stuff so maybe something’s broke lately or changed but I had the same issue you’re describing when I got the car and the log out/log in thing fixed it.

2. Nav via Alexa is spotty at best. It’s cool when it works, but I bat about .500 with requests like the one you mentioned.

I never managed to get phone integration to work with my iPhone. Once CarPlay became available, I stopped caring. Just do a long press on the microphone button on the steering wheel which will activate Siri and dictate your texts. Carplay will also automatically pop up and read them to you when they come in (if configured correctly). It works great!

I never managed to get phone integration to work with my iPhone. Once CarPlay became available, I stopped caring. Just do a long press on the microphone button on the steering wheel which will activate Siri and dictate your texts. Carplay will also automatically pop up and read them to you when they come in (if configured correctly). It works great!
Oh just say "Hay Siri, read my texts"

Back