• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Test drives

AGTRAIN

Cars
Tesla Model S
I posted once before and was called early January to confirm my AGT. Told them I want to test drive for various reasons, and they said I should be able to do so in Tysons VA by end of January. No word yet. Has anyone heard if they are doing test drives yet in Tysons? Thanks.

From what I understand, they are producing Grand Tourings right now for both customers but also distributing GTs for test drives to studios around the country (priority from my understanding).

I was told about a week ago that I would be invited to covert my AGT reservation to an order “in the next couple of weeks”, and that a test drive would be available “soon after” at the Tysons location. I haven’t heard anything since then.

From what I understand, they are producing Grand Tourings right now for both customers but also distributing GTs for test drives to studios around the country (priority from my understanding).

Having ordered a GT sight unseen, I'm flying to Phoenix next week to visit a friend and have scheduled a confirmed test drive at the Scottsdale studio. Looking forward to this, as I will finally have a chance to see and get my own impressions of this car. Judging from the posters here, I expect to be pleased minus the software problems, which I hope will be corrected prior to my receiving my car.

Having ordered a GT sight unseen, I'm flying to Phoenix next week to visit a friend and have scheduled a confirmed test drive at the Scottsdale studio. Looking forward to this, as I will finally have a chance to see and get my own impressions of this car. Judging from the posters here, I expect to be pleased minus the software problems, which I hope will be corrected prior to my receiving my car.
It'll be a lot better now that it's on 1.1.5 compared to before when it was on 1.0.8

If your test drive is with Amir, I think that you will find that his knowledge of the Lucid is excellent. I saw no software issues during my test drive but I think they plan the test drive that way.

Surprisingly, during my test drive - software wasn't an issue

I made an appointment for a visit to the Tyson Studio on 2/20. I was told to not expect a test drive on that visit.

I stopped by Tyson’s this past weekend and was given the 2 month line. There are reserved spaces for Lucid in the parking garage and one charger.

Thanks all. Sounds like early March for test drives in Tysons. Seems they would speed up order confirmations if they just made a handful of cars available for test drives.

I will say - as you all may know - test drive appointments give priority to those who have confirmed already, then reservation holders, then the public.

If your test drive is with Amir, I think that you will find that his knowledge of the Lucid is excellent. I saw no software issues during my test drive but I think they plan the test drive that way.

Harsha Santiago at the Scottsdale studio set up the test drive for me. Don't know if he will be the one to accompany my wife and myself when we arrive for our appointment.

I will say - as you all may know - test drive appointments give priority to those who have confirmed already, then reservation holders, then the public.
I’m genuinely confused. How many confirmed reservation holders can there be for just one facility that would delay this so long? They should be able to perform 4-6 test drives per day. That’s 24-36 per week for just one facility assuming just one available car. If they had 2 cars, that’s 48-72 test drives per week.

What am I missing?

I’m genuinely confused. How many confirmed reservation holders can there be for just one facility that would delay this so long? They should be able to perform 4-6 test drives per day. That’s 24-36 per week for just one facility assuming just one available car. If they had 2 cars, that’s 48-72 test drives per week.

What am I missing?
Well, in San Diego we are missing a test drive car. I’m still waiting for a drive. I believe my first test drive will be when my car arrives. Lol

And no test drives cars east of the Mississippi north of Florida, last I knew.

And no test drives cars east of the Mississippi north of Florida, last I knew.
Still the case in the N.Y. area.
Chicago, Oak Brook, IL location says they will not get a test drive vehicle until late Spring/early Summer. Apparently an issue of getting approved for a charger in the parking lot which I find weird because wouldn't you want that at your mall?

Tyson, NYC, Oak Brook. Closest three to me, though all are 400-500 miles away.
Either a plane ride, or no test drive.

Chicago, Oak Brook, IL location says they will not get a test drive vehicle until late Spring/early Summer. Apparently an issue of getting approved for a charger in the parking lot which I find weird because wouldn't you want that at your mall?
There is an EA charger in the mall parking lot in SD Where the studio is located. this station looks like it has been finished for months, but it is not active. Perhaps that is what is holding up a test drive car since they would have nowhere close to charge it

There is an EA charger in the mall parking lot in SD Where the studio is located. this station looks like it has been finished for months, but it is not active. Perhaps that is what is holding up a test drive car since they would have nowhere close to charge it

I think for test drive vehicles, etc they want to install their own chargers. I did some digging on Twitter and looks like this was tweeted out recently from Oak Brook Mall:

1644291280509.png

Back