Test Drive Release

Which studios currently have cars available for test drives? Scottsdale and some of the California studios only? Anything east of the Mississippi?
I have an AGT reservation, confirmed in mid December. I have not seen a car in person. I will not take delivery without a test drive.
I am in Erie, PA, and will have to take a plane trip to get to a Lucid studio anyway. Temperatures are in single digits and I shoveled 20" of snow away from my grill yesterday. Maybe a trip somewhere warm wouldn't be so bad.
If you come out to San Jose, do it on a weekday before 5pm and ask the sales advisor to take you up to Stevens Creek Reservoir. That is the route I took and it was a great experience. All told about 45min behind the wheel with city streets, traffic, open freeway and a twisty back road.

Last edited:
Who did you get as your rep in Scottsdale?

I've test driven with Amir as well, and I agree, he is very good. Your information lines up with mine in that I think you still need to have been invited to confirm the reservation. Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming your in the Phoenix area?
I'm in Scottsdale. It seems a fair number of posters are in the area as well.

If you come out to San Jose, do it on a weekday before 5pm and ask the sales advisor to take you up to Stevens Creek Reservoir. That is the route I took and it was a great experience. All told about 45min behind the wheel with city streets, traffic, open freeway and a twisty back road.

Same experience I had, and mine was *at* 5pm. Time doesn’t seem to matter much given their route.

@copper Thanks for the suggestion. I am going back and forth between waiting for the opportunity to go to a closer studio, timing unknown, or taking a trip.

@copper Thanks for the suggestion. I am going back and forth between waiting for the opportunity to go to a closer studio, timing unknown, or taking a trip.
As @borski said time for San Jose doesn’t matter, mine was in the middle of rush hour and we took the same fantastic winding route

As @borski said time for San Jose doesn’t matter, mine was in the middle of rush hour and we took the same fantastic winding route
Fair point. I'm not in South Bay that often so if others didn't have issues then it should be fine.

New to the forum, I had a test drive at the Torrance center last week. The car was a white GT. It's an extremely impressive car. the 3rd mode (Sprint?) was just brutal acceleration. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to follow through on buying it.

New to the forum, I had a test drive at the Torrance center last week. The car was a white GT. It's an extremely impressive car. the 3rd mode (Sprint?) was just brutal acceleration. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to follow through on buying it.

I had a feeling they were sending our production GTs for test driving.

Resurrecting this thread: I’m test driving a GT in Millbrae tomorrow. My other drive was a DE-P (the AGT was a ride along) and I’ll post after with any new thoughts.

Resurrecting this thread: I’m test driving a GT in Millbrae tomorrow. My other drive was a DE-P (the AGT was a ride along) and I’ll post after with any new thoughts.
have you confirmed your reservation yet or did they email you to confirm it? I've reserved a GT but i can't test drive until it's ready to confirm my order. wondering if something changed.

have you confirmed your reservation yet or did they email you to confirm it? I've reserved a GT but i can't test drive until it's ready to confirm my order. wondering if something changed.
I’ve confirmed the test drive today (almost immediately after replying to my DA). This will be my second drive, order confirmation was in mid-Dec.

I’d expect as more cars get out they’ll allow reservations to test drive before confirming. Supply of cars up until now has been seriously constrained.

I’ve confirmed the test drive today (almost immediately after replying to my DA). This will be my second drive, order confirmation was in mid-Dec.

I’d expect as more cars get out they’ll allow reservations to test drive before confirming. Supply of cars up until now has been seriously constrained.
Ouch I confirmed in Nov. Signed up for a test drive during the opening in Milbrae, they said two weeks , that was eight weeks ago.

Ouch I confirmed in Nov. Signed up for a test drive during the opening in Milbrae, they said two weeks , that was eight weeks ago.
To be fair, they told me the same. I’ve been a pest to my DA and a few others to get a GT drive :D

FWIW I've seen people tweet Lucid execs on Twitter to setup test drives.

Just received an email from the Lucid San Jose Studio for test drives. We put our deposit down in late Dec 2021 on a Touring model. Several times/days currently available. Thought I'd share!

Just received an email from the Lucid San Jose Studio for test drives. We put our deposit down in late Dec 2021 on a Touring model. Several times/days currently available. Thought I'd share!
don't mind driving all the way there for a test drive. do you have a link to register for test drive?

don't mind driving all the way there for a test drive. do you have a link to register for test drive?
Your DA sets you up. You can also do Millbrae now for the AGT.

Back