Test Drive Release

I reserved an AGT on Dec 4. Still waiting to be contacted about converting to an order.
I live in Atlanta. My DA emailed me to say I can test drive but the closest is West Palm Beach Florida, an 8+ hour drive.

Your DA sets you up. You can also do Millbrae now for the AGT.
my sales rep in Millbrae (looks like you had him too) said i can't do a test drive until i receive the confirm your order email. I heard that San Jose location is allowing test drives as long as you've a valid reservation. I was thinking about checking their calendar if it's publicly available.

my sales rep in Millbrae (looks like you had him too) said i can't do a test drive until i receive the confirm your order email. I heard that San Jose location is allowing test drives as long as you've a valid reservation. I was thinking about checking their calendar if it's publicly available.
That seems weird. I thought San Jose was only allowing test drives for reservation holders so they could drive the car before confirming. Seems like a lot of mixed messages. Have you visited the showroom there? My contact there set up my test drive in early Nov and keeps me updated better than my DA. Let me know if you want his contact information.

That seems weird. I thought San Jose was only allowing test drives for reservation holders so they could drive the car before confirming. Seems like a lot of mixed messages. Have you visited the showroom there? My contact there set up my test drive in early Nov and keeps me updated better than my DA. Let me know if you want his contact information.
sure. messaged you privately.

If you come out to San Jose, do it on a weekday before 5pm and ask the sales advisor to take you up to Stevens Creek Reservoir. That is the route I took and it was a great experience. All told about 45min behind the wheel with city streets, traffic, open freeway and a twisty back road.
I am an Eastcoaster in the same boat. Both nearby studios say they will call me when drives are available. I believe them . But I read we don't have to pay for the car until its delivered. That begs the question do we get to test drive our own cars before we accept them.

I am an Eastcoaster in the same boat. Both nearby studios say they will call me when drives are available. I believe them . But I read we don't have to pay for the car until its delivered. That begs the question do we get to test drive our own cars before we accept them.
I’ll be honest, when I bought my Model S, it was ordered and delivered to SF. All I got was a walk around and intro to some of its features. I test drove one at a studio before purchasing, but didn’t actually get to drive my car before signing on the dotted line.
I believe this may be very similar but don’t quote me there.

don't mind driving all the way there for a test drive. do you have a link to register for test drive?
Mine was sent via email to me with a selection of test drive dates/times. I opted for a 2 pm drive this upcoming Monday (President's Day). The sun will be high, so we can check out the glare, but temps will be down a bit (relative to the mild temps we have had recently) so I won't be able to easily estimate how warm the car will get due to the glass canopy. I did ask about taking it up to Steven's Creek Reservoir and my DA said that would not be an issue.

Mine was sent via email to me with a selection of test drive dates/times. I opted for a 2 pm drive this upcoming Monday (President's Day). The sun will be high, so we can check out the glare, but temps will be down a bit (relative to the mild temps we have had recently) so I won't be able to easily estimate how warm the car will get due to the glass canopy. I did ask about taking it up to Steven's Creek Reservoir and my DA said that would not be an issue.
You’ll have a blast on that route. Watch a few of the curves on the way up as they have limited sight lines. Have fun!

i see. just sent an email to the rep. hopefully he's okay with offering a test drive.

Though I'm in Boston, I just scheduled my test drive for late April in Torrance prior to a weekend in Paso Robles. Just planning ahead.

Anyone have experience with what the Torrance test drive experience is like?

Of course, it'd be nice if I got my AGT before then. :)

according to Millbrae studio associate (Jessop), Lucid has changed their test drive policy as of this morning. they are now allowing test drives for all GT reservation holders. I was able to schedule one for myself with him today (i haven't received the email to confirm my order yet). If you're a GT reservation holder and would like to test drive, reach out to your SA.

according to Millbrae studio associate (Jessop), Lucid has changed their test drive policy as of this morning. they are now allowing test drives for all GT reservation holders. I was able to schedule one for myself with him today (i haven't received the email to confirm my order yet). If you're a GT reservation holder and would like to test drive, reach out to your SA.
Glad to hear about the policy change. Jessop is great - he’s the one who I did the drives with yesterday.

Did a test drive today on a pre production GT. It was fun. The 21" looks so good in person. Now debating whether I should get the 21" and sacrifice the extra 50miles.

Did a test drive today on a pre production GT. It was fun. The 21" looks so good in person. Now debating whether I should get the 21" and sacrifice the extra 50miles.
Yes, yes you should, unless you live in area that needs snow tires, then no, unless you want to have 2 sets of rims and tires then yes, but then get the 21 and buy the 19s later

Then get the 20” as a good compromise.

His direct quote to me in email.
“They have a Grand Touring trim with the Santa Cruz interior as their test drive fleet.”

Back