Tesla has the Highest Accident Rate of Automotive Brands

Seeing a car on the screen is just another safety feature to me and definitely helps big time. I have not seen it wrong yet.
It's not that the screen is wrong - it's that the screen showing you that the system knows there's a car there does not mean that it will take that car into account when deciding what to do. That is not guaranteed, as the visualization is decoupled from the driving algorithm itself. The visualization shows you some of the data the car has, but not what the car is going to do about it, if anything at all. That's @joec's point.

And Tesla has never conditioned me that the car can drive itself 100% safely (only a two year Tesla owner though). I don’t know anyone that owns a Tesla that thinks that.
Then you run in better circles than most. This is an extremely common problem; go to any Tesla meetup and have a few chats.

It is impossible to text using FSD this year, which is a great thing. 🙂
Agreed - that is a big improvement, forced largely by the NHTSA breathing down Tesla's neck.

🍿🍿🍿🍿+ Goobers 🍫🍫🍫🍫 cue'd up for this one. Happy, actually ecstatic, to sit out any, and all, Tesla threads! 🤣🤣

Back