Tesla faces federal criminal probe over self-driving claims

Disclaimers and use terms are quite clear in my MXP™
Very sad how, frankly, ridiculous this is.

Tesla, which disbanded its media relations department in 2020, did not respond to written questions from Reuters on Wednesday. Musk also did not respond to written questions seeking comment. A Justice Department spokesperson declined to comment.

I guess Elon Musk is one man staff in Media Relation department.

Disclaimers and use terms are quite clear in my MXP™
Very sad how, frankly, ridiculous this is.
Unfortunately, a video currently on Tesla’s website says: “The person in the driver’s seat is only there for legal reasons. He is not doing anything. The car is driving itself.”

You can’t say things like that and then rely on fine print to save you. You need to be consistent with your messaging as it applies to safety, and Tesla *definitely isn’t*. They mislead intentionally, in this case, in order to gain PR; thus far, it’s been successful, but I’m hopeful that this probe makes some actual progress.

Unfortunately, a video currently on Tesla’s website says: “The person in the driver’s seat is only there for legal reasons. He is not doing anything. The car is driving itself.”

You can’t say things like that and then rely on fine print to save you. You need to be consistent with your messaging as it applies to safety, and Tesla *definitely isn’t*. They mislead intentionally, in this case, in order to gain PR; thus far, it’s been successful, but I’m hopeful that this probe makes some actual progress.
Yeah. It would be one thing if idiots were getting into their cars, turning on auto pilot, playing video games, crashing, and only killing themselves. But lots of innocent drivers are being injured or killed by these idiots, and I can’t say Tesla isn’t at least a little responsible for that.

Companies have an obligation to not encourage unsafe behavior. Tesla’s marketing messages, and particularly Elon’s tweets, which have openly encouraged his followers to believe FSD is the second coming, are irresponsible at best.

So while I ultimately blame the operators of these vehicles, I don’t think Tesla is without some culpability here.

4F806791-81CE-4FE8-8B08-AC3736911AD5.jpeg

Back