SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, sh*t happens. I have less than 1500 miles on the car. Damage is minimal, I hope, but will probably need to replace the entire lower bumper cover and the black trim. All sensors appear to work, no reflectors/lights damaged, just hope there is no damage under the cover. The young lady hit us straight on from behind at about 15mph, I would guess, said a bug flew in her face. Police wrote it up as her saying it was her fault, but did not give her a ticket, said damage and his report would tell the story for the insurance companies.

I really just hope the certified Lucid shop can actually get the parts in a timely manner. Until then, the car is drivable and you Have to actually look for the damage to see it.

Does Tesla provide such proactive communication?

Hahaha! No, Tesla doesn’t provide such proactive communication because when Tesla’s VPs for Customer and Media Relations quit, Elon Musk didn’t hire anyone new to replace them, and took on those jobs for himself instead.

Consequently, Musk gives Customer Relations, Media Relations and Customer Service about as much time as he can spare - about five minutes a year.

I actually have v2.07 as well. Used it to drive back from Vandenberg Space Force Station to Hawthorne Mission Control today, which is about ~150mi drive. Used Highway Assist for a large chunk of it. Here is some data:

• Had to upgrade to 2.01 first which didn't seemingly change much. I think it was just device firmware. 1 hour update
  • Then had to upgrade to 2.04. This was a massive update, took forever to download and 3 hours to install. This greatly improved system performance with maps loading much, much faster than before and general system responsiveness becoming radically improved.
  • Finally I got 2.07 yesterday, don't know the file size but it was a 1 hour update as well. This unlocked highway assist which does lane keeping. It is a bit different than how Tesla does it. If you move the wheel to change lanes it will temporarily disengage lane keeping, but then as soon as you stop moving it will re-engage automagically. It won't change lanes for you, but the way they do it was pretty seamless.
    • Didn't have any close calls. Car did a great job on the freeway.
    • No phantom braking like my Teslas. Was a smooth ride!
  • Still no way to have something like music and nav up concurrently, although the turn by turn directions do appear where the Air logo sits on the center screen. Can't remember if the v1 firmware did that.
  • No CarPlay or Android Auto from what I could see
For anyone interested let me know and I'll see what other data I can get you. No glaring bugs that I have found just yet (maybe one,) so I assume that they are pretty close to deploy.
View attachment 5271
View attachment 5272
What a great summary. Thanks.

Nope, sh*t happens. I have less than 1500 miles on the car. Damage is minimal, I hope, but will probably need to replace the entire lower bumper cover and the black trim. All sensors appear to work, no reflectors/lights damaged, just hope there is no damage under the cover. The young lady hit us straight on from behind at about 15mph, I would guess, said a bug flew in her face. Police wrote it up as her saying it was her fault, but did not give her a ticket, said damage and his report would tell the story for the insurance companies.

I really just hope the certified Lucid shop can actually get the parts in a timely manner. Until then, the car is drivable and you Have to actually look for the damage to see it.
Same thing happened to me, they just pulled the bumper off, repaired it and painted it and slapped it back on. Hopefully that's all they need to do.

Same thing happened to me, they just pulled the bumper off, repaired it and painted it and slapped it back on. Hopefully that's all they need to do.
Crossing my fingers it is that easy.

Usually when I see traffic stopped ahead I tend to manually dial down the cruise speed until the car takes over and slows the rest of the way, as stopping late is how you get rear ended, so maybe I’m helping the ACC a little because I’m super cautious, but the few times where I haven’t started to slow the vehicle manually the car has done fine at slowing down in time.
Aha! The truth comes out. If you are fiddling with the cruise speed, then YOU are the ACC. Let Lucid handle the slowing down and get some feeling of terror as the car plunges ahead!

Yes, there are times when it will stop on its own. It seems since the the 1.2.21 update it has gotten worse. I’ve even had issues today on the highway when traffic ahead was slowing down. I got the infamous “Brake” warning and had to take over.

Out of curiosity with the new update, to turn off the directional if you have not made a sharp enough turn, do you still need to push the stalk in the opposite direction, or can you now just push it in the same direction?

Out of curiosity with the new update, to turn off the directional if you have not made a sharp enough turn, do you still need to push the stalk in the opposite direction, or can you now just push it in the same direction?
That hasn’t changed. I honestly prefer it this way 🤷‍♂️

Do any companies do this now? Honest question
I appreciate if we recognize the better suggestions and value of them. I think it'll excite the growing users of the car and set an example of what's the right thing to do.

I appreciate if we recognize the better suggestions and value of them. I think it'll excite the growing users of the car and set an example of what's the right thing to do.
True, my question was from the viewpoint of how another company successfully conveys the message across versus what individuals would like conveyed to them.

Hoping for 2.0 this coming week!
For those who have 2.0, it sounds like the update comes in 2 separate downloads, and WiFi is recommended. Any further tips or news appreciated!

For those who have 2.0, it sounds like the update comes in 2 separate downloads, and WiFi is recommended. Any further tips or news appreciated!
Nice signature - looks familiar. I guess I should have copyrighted my copyright statement ;)

What is typical speed range using ACC? Only on freeway?
Car has to be going at least 25 or 30 to set cruise. From there will come to a complete stop even when speed is set to 70mph speed limit.

Opposite like it should, been that way since 1939. Like a 71 Oldsmobile Cutlass, LOL

That hasn’t changed. I honestly prefer it this way 🤷‍♂️

Yep, it's been my muscle memory since I learned to drive in the 80s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back