• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be really really interesting to do a side by side sometime. I’m curious if you’re more cautious, or I’m less cautious, or there really is a difference.

It would be really really interesting to do a side by side sometime. I’m curious if you’re more cautious, or I’m less cautious, or there really is a difference.
I'd like to get a ticket to the crash off.

I've experienced this same issue. Can see stopped traffic in the distance and the Lucid barrels at it without a flinch with ACC on. I feel like I'm playing chicken against the car. I'm less risk tolerant and brake sooner with passengers since they don't seem to enjoy the experience too much 🤣

7,300 miles AGT

Actually, to get to 2.07 you'll likely want to be on WiFi and not LTE. It's a crazy huge update package! Like... HUGE!
Can I ask one of the wonderful and caring beta testers to have the dev team push a 1.2.22 update that adds in the missing caret “^” symbol to the WiFi password keyboard? I’m dreading downloading this via cellular. 😬

I've experienced this same issue. Can see stopped traffic in the distance and the Lucid barrels at it without a flinch with ACC on. I feel like I'm playing chicken against the car. I'm less risk tolerant and brake sooner with passengers since they don't seem to enjoy the experience too much 🤣

7,300 miles AGT
I have seen the same but I cannot really say if it is better with 1.2.21 or not since I have not encountered any stopped traffic on the freeway since loading that version.

Change your password?
I have 30+ devices on the network, I don’t want to go through them all to change this. I’ll setup a guest network if needed. Seems like this should be a simple oversight to fix though.

I have 30+ devices on the network, I don’t want to go through them all to change this. I’ll setup a guest network if needed. Seems like this should be a simple oversight to fix though.
That’s funny, we experienced that when we took delivery. My lucid login PW had a ^. The team there was stumped at first until one tech said, “uh, yeah, there’s no ^”. It was easy enough to change my one PW.

Yes the guest network sounds like great idea.

Go to settings, profiles, ensure key detection is on in your profile
Just so I’m straight on this one…with key detection enabled, the car will unlock and start loading my driver profile….but it will not adjust to my saved seat positions until it recognizes my face?? At least, that’s what seems to happen in my case. And my wife is 7” shorter than I am so…ouch.

Can I ask one of the wonderful and caring beta testers to have the dev team push a 1.2.22 update that adds in the missing caret “^” symbol to the WiFi password keyboard? I’m dreading downloading this via cellular. 😬
Lol I talked to the execs and software folks about this at Millbrae a week or so ago; they’re now aware and it will eventually get fixed. For now, change it to a ! or something haha

(I ran into this too, as did Harsha when he picked up his car; the plague of using password managers haha)

I think it’s interesting that I have absolutely not had that issue; it sees and stops for completely stopped traffic perfectly, and Highway Assist has worked even better with that.

I wonder what the difference is between your/Alex’s experience and mine/Photon’s?
ACC has NEVER worked correctly in my car. It can't see stopped traffic. In every other car that we have, the ACC works correctly so no excuse.

ACC has NEVER worked correctly in my car. It can't see stopped traffic. In every other car that we have, the ACC works correctly so no excuse.
Hopefully 2.0 will improve this.

Based on the early posts from this thread, it works extremely well. No auto lane changes but once you take the wheel it will disable lane keep and after you change lanes and settle the vehicle lane keep kicks back in. That sounds good to me.

Here's a story of a car from Lucid,
That was shipping with some very funky stuff.
The Air was fast and slick and sexy,
The software simply way too rough.

Then one day the devs said this is stupid!
It's time to rebuild this whole suite.
They were new and struggled to make it happen,
Especially with the deadlines they had to meet.

But then 2.0 was delivered to some users,
And they started to drive right after lunch.
It turned their Air into what it always could be,
And they all became the Beta Bunch.

The Beta Bunch,
The Beta Bunch...
That's the waaay they became the Beta Bunch!

Nice!
I can’t imagine there won’t be a big PR push once it’s launched widely.

I'll keep checking my email for the invite. I'm still waiting for the OakBrook Studio event...

Let's hope. It would be an amazing show and tell to have a video of the new features/improvements as well as a table showing how much faster common daily tasks are -- initial boot, Loading maps, etc. Really would be great for the earnings call. $LCID is trading at near a 52 week low at this moment. I bought more today to add to my position.

Maybe people are getting rid of their short positions? I'm not a stock guy so don't know if that's the right term.

7,300 miles AGT

I've never experienced this scenario. I-65 is always busy.

Do profiles load from key proximity or face recognition? My service tech said (prior to 2.0) they load via face recognition, which is problematic for me because my wife is shorter so I have to manually move the seat back before I get in.
I just lean in and stick my face in front of the camera without trying to sit in the car

I just lean in and stick my face in front of the camera without trying to sit in the car
LOL, I guess I'll have to give that a try because I checked all my settings and Profile Detection was ON. However, I reset my phone connection, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
I still haven’t fully trust ACC yet to use it in my road trip to Dallas.

I've used ACC a ton. I set it at 4 bar follow distance which I guess is a bit conservative but at that setting it seems to essentially work flawlessly. It'll slow and stop appropriately every time and it'll accelerate back accurately unless the car comes to a complete dead stop. Just my personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back