• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Highway assist, what other features of Dream Drive Pro are available on this 2.0 release? How about High Beam Assist which is just part of the regular Dream Drive ADAS? Does Highway Assist work on city streets?
Highway assist is highways only, not city streets. And if the highway is under construction or the computers can't figure it out, it will ask you to take control.

It's a bit different than Auto Pilot. The key difference is that Highway Assist wants you to be in control. So if you want to change lanes, you'll do that manually. But you don't disengage highway assist, you just change lanes like you normally would. The system will gracefully give you control then take control back automagically when it is time. I personally prefer this as I have never felt that the lane switching in a Tesla was... good.

I have also never had the Lucid phantom brake on me. But I also don't have as many hours on the autonomous Lucid features as I do the Tesla ones.

Actually, to get to 2.07 you'll likely want to be on WiFi and not LTE. It's a crazy huge update package! Like... HUGE!
Thanks @Photon Empress @borski. I'm having a bunch of technical issues and seemed to have stumped the technicians, though a tiny bandaid for the moment has been turning off wifi (and I mean tiny).

Do profiles load from key proximity or face recognition? My service tech said (prior to 2.0) they load via face recognition, which is problematic for me because my wife is shorter so I have to manually move the seat back before I get in.
There is an option to have the profile load via key detection. But I thought that existed in v1 too?

Highway assist is highways only, not city streets. And if the highway is under construction or the computers can't figure it out, it will ask you to take control.

It's a bit different than Auto Pilot. The key difference is that Highway Assist wants you to be in control. So if you want to change lanes, you'll do that manually. But you don't disengage highway assist, you just change lanes like you normally would. The system will gracefully give you control then take control back automagically when it is time. I personally prefer this as I have never felt that the lane switching in a Tesla was... good.

I have also never had the Lucid phantom brake on me. But I also don't have as many hours on the autonomous Lucid features as I do the Tesla ones.
I, too, have always hated Tesla's lane switching. Wants to switch way too often, and with really dumb timing. So I'm happy to do that manually until Lucid can figure how to do that better.

Actually, to get to 2.07 you'll likely want to be on WiFi and not LTE. It's a crazy huge update package! Like... HUGE!
Correct. It isn’t strictly required but it will be a lot faster on a speedy wifi connection.

Aside from Highway assist, what other features of Dream Drive Pro are available on this 2.0 release? How about High Beam Assist which is just part of the regular Dream Drive ADAS? Does Highway Assist work on city streets?
High Beam Assist is available :)

Highway Assist only works on highways. ACC still works on city streets.

Do profiles load from key proximity or face recognition? My service tech said (prior to 2.0) they load via face recognition, which is problematic for me because my wife is shorter so I have to manually move the seat back before I get in.
Both? I believe priority is proximity and then face Rec.

Where does it live?

Profile Detection​

Under Profile Detection, you have options to add, edit, or enable detection methods.

NOTE: A Guest Profile will not have access to these settings.
Keys:

• Press to toggle Key Detection on or off for the active User Profile. See Loading User Profile Preferences.
  • CONNECTED KEYS lists any devices currently linked to the active User Profile. From here, you can edit or remove existing devices, or add new ones by pressing LINK KEY FOB or LINK PHONE KEY.
    NOTE: When adding a new phone or key fob, make sure the device is in your hand and follow the on-screen instructions.

High Beam Assist is available :)

Highway Assist only works on highways. ACC still works on city streets.
I found that current ACC does not work for about 80% of stopped traffic. I've let it approach stopped traffic to the point of it sometime warning to "Brake Now" which it won't even do itself. I have also had to brake myself, dangerously close to stopped traffic, where it doesn't even warn to "Brake Now." I thought that the latest software updates would address this, but it has actually gotten worse.

I know you have said in the past that it works just fine for you, but have you noticed any improved ACC behavior? I would think that if the LIDAR were working, it would detect non-drivable areas such as stopped traffic, people turning in front of you, pedestrians running across the road, etc. (which by the way currently is non-functional).

Last edited:
I found that current ACC does not work for about 80% of stopped traffic. I've let it approach stopped traffic to the point of it sometime warning to "Brake Now" which it won't even do itself. I have also had to brake myself, dangerously close to stopped traffic, where it doesn't even warn to "Brake Now." I thought that the latest software updates would address this, but it has actually gotten worse.

I know you have said in the past that it works just fine for you, but have you noticed any improved ACC behavior? I would think that if the LIDAR were working, it would detect non-drivable areas such as stopped traffic, people turning in front of you, pedestrians running across the road, etc. (which by the way currently is non-functinoal).
I did not have that issue in v1 and have not seen that issue in v2

I know you have said in the past that it works just fine for you, but have you noticed any improved ACC behavior? I would think that if the LIDAR were working, it would detect non-drivable areas such as stopped traffic, people turning in front of you, pedestrians running across the road, etc. (which by the way currently is non-functinoal).

From the owners manual:

"WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control may not detect stationary or slow moving vehicles below 6 mph (10 km/h)."

From the owners manual:

"WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control may not detect stationary or slow moving vehicles below 6 mph (10 km/h)."
Yes, I'm aware of the warnings, but other people have not experienced these. Also, what is the use of LIDAR (or cameras) when it can't event detect stationary objects? All the Tesla vehicle I have (with and without Radar) have no problem detecting stopped traffic, cross traffic and pedestrians - and when they are detected the vehicle stops or slows down appropriately.

Yes, I'm aware of the warnings, but other people have not experienced these. Also, what is the use of LIDAR (or cameras) when it can't event detect stationary objects? All the Tesla vehicle I have (with and without Radar) have no problem detecting stopped traffic, cross traffic and pedestrians - and when they are detected the vehicle stops or slows down appropriately.
I've experienced it multiple times and it's when you're doing 70mph on the freeway and up ahead you can see stopped traffic. The car just keeps hurtling towards the stopped traffic not slowing down one bit. Happened yesterday where I had to slam on the brake and other times it's warned me to put the brakes on. It seems to manage cars increasing and slowing down on freeways but if cars up ahead are at a complete stop I wouldn't trust it one bit. My e-Tron had a LiDAR detector and had no issues detecting these kind of scenarios so hopefully some more tweaking will come in future OTA's. I'm not sure how far Lucid scans ahead but I don't think it's a lot given how long it takes the car in front to show on the cockpit screen.

I've experienced it multiple times and it's when you're doing 70mph on the freeway and up ahead you can see stopped traffic. The car just keeps hurtling towards the stopped traffic not slowing down one bit. Happened yesterday where I had to slam on the brake and other times it's warned me to put the brakes on. It seems to manage cars increasing and slowing down on freeways but if cars up ahead are at a complete stop I wouldn't trust it one bit. My e-Tron had a LiDAR detector and had no issues detecting these kind of scenarios so hopefully some more tweaking will come in future OTA's. I'm not sure how far Lucid scans ahead but I don't think it's a lot given how long it takes the car in front to show on the cockpit screen.
I think it’s interesting that I have absolutely not had that issue; it sees and stops for completely stopped traffic perfectly, and Highway Assist has worked even better with that.

I wonder what the difference is between your/Alex’s experience and mine/Photon’s?

I think it’s interesting that I have absolutely not had that issue; it sees and stops for completely stopped traffic perfectly, and Highway Assist has worked even better with that.

I wonder what the difference is between your/Alex’s experience and mine/Photon’s?
At those speeds? 65/70mph. I haven't had it happen if i'm doing 50 etc. on the freeway but at higher speeds its like it can't process whats happening up ahead quick enough. Everything else seems fine. It does really well when cars cut in front of you etc. but yeah, the stopped traffic on a freeway I don't trust it one bit at the moment. No bends in the road either, completely straight.

At those speeds? 65/70mph. I haven't had it happen if i'm doing 50 etc. on the freeway but at higher speeds its like it can't process whats happening up ahead quick enough. Everything else seems fine. It does really well when cars cut in front of you etc. but yeah, the stopped traffic on a freeway I don't trust it one bit at the moment. No bends in the road either, completely straight.
Yes. What do you have your distance set to? I’m usually at 2 bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back