• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Tesla provide such proactive communication?
I think the idea is that they should try and make themselves BETTER than Tesla or any other company... but seems like they just want to go with the flow!

But PR doesn’t happen until the official release. Or right before. Not during beta testing. It seems that would be premature.
Exactly! They let it leak to our peers to rebuild the confidence of the community. That obviously worked. Of course they will do a big PR event, with high quality video when they are ready to release 2.0. I find it funny how some people think that they are just winging it. They know exactly what they are doing. Sometimes they may miss, but such is life.

First of all, I don't think we should take away the fact that what Lucid has shown in the past 11 months is that they will address issues and not just forge ahead making a bigger mess or throw the towel in and say "it is what it is". Should this have happened? No but to rewrite the entire software stack is by no means a small task so credit where credit is due. I actually don't mind the UX\UI. I think if they can get multiple apps running with what's been done in 2.0 it will actually be a pretty solid system.

I'm 50/50 on the communication of this so I do agree with you. I work for a gaming company so to see how this was communicated yesterday surprised me. We're building a brand so our PR department wants full control of what gets released to the public. As others have pointed out, I agree that this may be more common in the gaming industry but I think Lucid could have handled this better. Should Lucid communicate to owners via email every single update that comes? no, that's what release notes are for but you don't see Apple go from iOS 15 to iOS 16 with no public communication on "what's new". Why? because it's all about keeping that brand recognized. Lucid is trying to build a brand, they know the software complaints have been plaguing them and I suspect many reviewers were told not to mention anything about the software when they were given press vehicles. No offense to @borski or @Tesla2Lucid but some more professional videos from Lucid themselves should have been posted on their official communication channels. I think this is a huge win for Lucid so they should have taken the credit for it and dropped the comms via Twitter and email communication to owners. When you're building a brand, this stuff matters and wobbly videos, etc. do not make good PR. Seeing some of Jeff Curry's posts of blurry images and videos that give you motion sickness tells me that Lucid's PR department is in need of some TLC.

Again, I'm not shitting on Lucid or any of the people who posted pics etc. I think Lucid deserves some major kudos for this and they should have taken the credit for themselves by official communications. Let's face it, they've had a rough year so this could have been a huge win for them. I just see it as a missed opportunity from a PR standpoint.
I can’t imagine there won’t be a big PR push once it’s launched widely.

True, but if you're intending on announcing something then you slap your beta testers with an NDA so they can't share until Lucid can officially communicate. This isn't the case in this scenario so I don't believe Lucid had any intention of doing an official comm on this update. Probably more a one liner in the next earnings call
I wouldn’t be so certain. But I’m not sure.

I'm guessing this update (2.0) will start rolling out before the earnings call later this month? Anyone know the exact date? I'm sure Peter will want to do some peacocking during that call.

I'm guessing this update (2.0) will start rolling out before the earnings call later this month? Anyone know the exact date? I'm sure Peter will want to do some peacocking during that call.
Nobody knows the exact date yet.

Nobody knows the exact date yet.
Sure hope you Beta testers are working hard at testing this new package and reporting your findings. The sooner that happens, the sooner the rest of us poor smucks can get it. We are all drooling and are envious of your situation.

Sure hope you Beta testers are working hard at testing this new package and reporting your findings. The sooner that happens, the sooner the rest of us poor smucks can get it. We are all drooling and are envious of your situation.
We’re doing our best!

Reactions: DJL
This is how the major rewrite was probably sold to the marketing team and senior leadership.

It's hard to put a good spin on "We screwed up, but we've got in under control now." But sometimes, you've got to work with that.

The fact that sooooooo many issues were caused by the underlying foundation (boot up time, frame rate on cameras, audio drop outs, bass dropping out completely, screens freezing or gooing black, AC turning off, phone key not reliable, and on and on and on) means that fixing that foundation got them a ton of real, honest-to-goodness, user-facing improvements that came along for the ride.

The hardest part of convincing management you need to rewrite something from scratch is convincing them of the future benefit. Because often it's a huge investment of resources with almost no immediate impact to the end user.

I'm willing to bet with this one update, they will be closing out a huge chunk of their customer service software tickets.
I agree that the start from scratch rewrite was bold and essential. I applaud Lucid for doing it. Get rid of emulation and virtual machines. Will never scale. Now that they have this done, hopefully the first major feature add to V2.0 will be CarPlay and Android Auto that may be a v2.1 or something!

Reactions: NPN
Let's hope. It would be an amazing show and tell to have a video of the new features/improvements as well as a table showing how much faster common daily tasks are -- initial boot, Loading maps, etc. Really would be great for the earnings call. $LCID is trading at near a 52 week low at this moment. I bought more today to add to my position.

That haven't set a date for the earnings call but recent history would suggest it'll be in early Nov.

Also the way Lucid operates, I'd be shocked if they don't put out new "UX"-type videos from Derek and co after 2.x drops.

Do user profiles load faster than 30 seconds with version 2?

@borski pre-2.07, did you leave wifi off and if so, do you still with 2.07? Apologies if you have already discussed this.

@borski pre-2.07, did you leave wifi off and if so, do you still with 2.07? Apologies if you have already discussed this.
Nope! And ask away!

Wifi worked well both pre- and post- update, aside from me screwing up my own network because I have too many ideas and too fast of a trigger finger sometimes :p. The car had no issues.

Aside from Highway assist, what other features of Dream Drive Pro are available on this 2.0 release? How about High Beam Assist which is just part of the regular Dream Drive ADAS? Does Highway Assist work on city streets?

Yes. Much faster.
Do profiles load from key proximity or face recognition? My service tech said (prior to 2.0) they load via face recognition, which is problematic for me because my wife is shorter so I have to manually move the seat back before I get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back