SURVEY: Stated Range When Charged to 100%

Grand Touring, 19”

have only charged to 100% once and the odometer was around 4000, but it showed 516 miles. of course, this is not true range, but range if the car is getting 4.6 miles / kWh. I average 4 on trips and 3.5 for the life of the car..

I Have the AGT long range with the 19” wheels. Full charge showed 516 miles . Drove the car mainly on the highway at 65-70 mph , after 243 miles actually driven it showed my remaining range was 100, but based on the miles driven thus far, that realistically will be closer to MAYBE 275… if I’m lucky. My 2017 S 100D with 125k charges to 300 ( new 335), and I get about 275 actual. Just upgraded to 2.0.18 on my LR GT and with 830miles total driven ( had it for a week) , I’ll take it out tomorrow and do the same route. Any input or experiences would be appreciated . Was told by delivery person Mika get will improve as I approach 2500 total. Any thoughts?
Make sure you have regen set to high, and yes the car is known to get a little more efficient after the break-in period. Accelerate slowly off the line, it’s a heavy heavy car. I have 6800 miles on my car now, and I charge to 90% and today at 21% I have driven 305 miles on my daily commute (I have 19” wheels as well). It’s cold out now and so I’m using heat/heated seats/heated steering wheel, and I only plug in when I get to about 10% so my car experiences so phantom drain as well. My commute consists of city and highway driving.

Grand Touring, 19”

have only charged to 100% once and the odometer was around 4000, but it showed 516 miles. of course, this is not true range, but range if the car is getting 4.6 miles / kWh. I average 4 on trips and 3.5 for the life of the car..
I never charge mine to 100, but at 80% mine now shows a slight increase from when I first got it. @Coltonw011 - have you seen this as well?

1. Type of car: Grand Touring
2. Tire size: 21”
3. Current mileage: 710
4. Stated range when your car is charged to 100%: 469 miles

I never charge mine to 100, but at 80% mine now shows a slight increase from when I first got it. @Coltonw011 - have you seen this as well?
Yes I saw a bump on my 90% charge of about 5 miles or so. My full charge (rare but I do it occasionally) often times comes up 516-523

I have a lucid air grand touring. With 21” wheels.
fully charged, 469 miles indicated.
I have tested the range several times, and even with a battery replacement I am never able to obtain more than 63% of the stated range And
thats with normal around town and limited highway driving In smooth setting.
I realize that the range number is an estimate, but a 37% loss of range is excessive. My Tesla range loss is way les than that.

I have tested the range several times, and even with a battery replacement I am never able to obtain more than 63% of the stated range And
I realize that the range number is an estimate, but a 37% loss of range is excessive. My Tesla range loss is way les than that.
I've said this before and will continue to say it the Lucid Air was made for Highway driving. A lot of other EVs do great around town, but the Air is too heavy and loses way too much efficiency in city driving. If the majority of your driving is city driving, you need to manage/reset your expectations.

As @hydbob wrote, highway efficiency is higher. I’m on 19s and get low 4s on the highway but low 3s city. Like @Sandvinsd I bought the car for what it would do on trips and it’s delivering in that area. Is it disappointing that city driving efficiency is that low? Yeah but nobody is accelerating so slowly as to incite road rage like in the EPA testing. The fault isn’t with car manufacturers not meeting EPA estimates but with the EPA not using realistic test scenarios.

Back