Steering wheel button for phone calls

Mkatz

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
Referral Code
T0X1NJL7
Is there a button to answer and/or end a call from the steering wheel? I can't seem to find it in the owner's manual and have been just pushing the button on the top right screen when a call comes in or to end a call. Thanks

Is there a button to answer and/or end a call from the steering wheel? I can't seem to find it in the owner's manual and have been just pushing the button on the top right screen when a call comes in or to end a call. Thanks
The right trigger, pres to pickup, press and hold to hand up. Same one you use to start/stop music

The right trigger, pres to pickup, press and hold to hand up. Same one you use to start/stop music
I’m feeling dumb…what’s a “right trigger”? I came here to figure it how to hang up calls, and I don’t understand which button that is.

There's pictures and description of how to do all this in the Owner's Guide. Right toggle button. To hang up active call, long press; to mute active call, short press. To pick up call, short press; to ignore call, long press.

There's pictures and description of how to do all this in the Owner's Guide. Right toggle button. To hang up active call, long press; to mute active call, short press. To pick up call, short press; to ignore call, long press.
I was just about to cross link to your reply in another thread, thanks!

I can't get this to work on CarPlay, and I've tried a dozen times. While using Waze, a call comes in that I can pick up. I go back to Waze in CarPlay during the call. I want to hang up and end call using the toggle but it won't hang up. Only way I can get the call to end is if the other person hangs up or I go back to the phone app on CarPlay and push the end button on the cockpit screen.

How do you answer and end calls while on CarPlay from the steering wheel controls without having to go back to the cockpit screen?

I can't get this to work on CarPlay, and I've tried a dozen times. While using Waze, a call comes in that I can pick up. I go back to Waze in CarPlay during the call. I want to hang up and end call using the toggle but it won't hang up. Only way I can get the call to end is if the other person hangs up or I go back to the phone app on CarPlay and push the end button on the cockpit screen.

How do you answer and end calls while on CarPlay from the steering wheel controls without having to go back to the cockpit screen?
Carplay is not that well integrated into overall car's OS. The car's OS probably doesn't know that you have a phone call on when you're in map view.

On my m340 with idrive 8 i could get apple maps to show up in my instrument cluster but ONLY with apple maps and ONLY while navigating. I think they had to build something custom to make that passthrough work. Or maybe carplay 2.0 will solve it

Carplay is not that well integrated into overall car's OS. The car's OS probably doesn't know that you have a phone call on when you're in map view.

On my m340 with idrive 8 i could get apple maps to show up in my instrument cluster but ONLY with apple maps and ONLY while navigating. I think they had to build something custom to make that passthrough work. Or maybe carplay 2.0 will solve it
The steering wheel controls work fine with CarPlay phone calls. I use them every day.

Back