Sony and Honda just announced their new electric car brand, Afeela

Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
Definitely has a Lucid Air vibe to it. The brand name is HORRIBLE… they probably spent millions with a marketing firm to come up with that terrible name!

957F3C77-A84B-4BD4-AC19-E60B71DE8402.jpeg

C51B9675-96F2-4D51-831B-28D09DE69324.jpeg

Will every EV sedan in a few years be a copy of the Lucid Air? Derek Jenkins must be flattered.

Also, the Afeela name is laughable. Then again, I never thought Americans would buy a car named KIA.

img_1067-e1672884258357.jpg

Please tell me the name is a joke.

Will every EV sedan in a few years be a copy of the Lucid Air? Derek Jenkins must be flattered.

Also, the Afeela name is laughable. Then again, I never thought Americans would buy a car named KIA.

img_1067-e1672884258357.jpg
It looks rather bland to me. I lacks the flair of the air scoops on the hood, the design of the sides and the front. It just is not very attractive or appealing.

Not relevant. I hope to be driving my lucid for a long time.

Gee, wonder where they got that design from.

Imitation is the best flattery.

I rather think the front looks like the VW XL1, the rear quarter looks like a Porsche 911 and the rear end and silhouette of the car looks like a Lucid Air. Overall... not that convinced by this car's design and the name is a bit 😬. I wonder how many meetings they had before they decided "yes, Afeela sounds brilliant".

I guess their first off-road vehicle will be the Afeela Pain
I’m sure it sounds better to a Japanese speaker. But usually these things get tested for a worldwide audience by the branding folks. For companies as large as Honda and Sony, at least. They probably paid more than 6 figures to come up with that name.

AND it has a yoke.

Wow. I will definitely check this out. It looks like son(y)-of-Lucid. Wonder if they plan to use Peter's drivetrain too ?

@joec are you kidding me ?

Back