Sony and Honda just announced their new electric car brand, Afeela

I don't know. It looks so much like an Air that it could easily be mistaken for a lower priced Lucid alternative.

I hate to say it, but this looks better than most of the EVs out there. Which isn't saying much. They are copying the right cars, for sure. It just feels—unfinished. Like an early prototype or a student project, or something.

The new Prius front end resembles the Air too. Flattering imitation?

Afeela this is going to be a flop
Sony develops some great tech that fail to win over consumers, who end up liking the less superior alternatives.

Will every EV sedan in a few years be a copy of the Lucid Air? Derek Jenkins must be flattered.

Also, the Afeela name is laughable. Then again, I never thought Americans would buy a car named KIA.

img_1067-e1672884258357.jpg
Clam shell hood charging port and light blade, it’s just so blatant in copying in bad taste —- just a typical Honda style. Honda is never innovator, they are just good at manufacturing for lowering cost. They are dead beat now everything just outsource to rely other major industry leaders such as Sony and GM. It’s a sad company to be Honda. We shall see in 2025/2026 bc these concept cars will hardly be the same design as production cars.

I rather think the front looks like the VW XL1, the rear quarter looks like a Porsche 911 and the rear end and silhouette of the car looks like a Lucid Air. Overall... not that convinced by this car's design and the name is a bit 😬. I wonder how many meetings they had before they decided "yes, Afeela sounds brilliant".
Yes. A very unusual name.

I think this is up there in the top five of all time stupid names for a car, but it definitely has a Lucid Air kind of look to it. I'll see it in person next week. I work at Qualcomm, there's a presentation on automotive connectivity with Sony. The Afeela will be in the lobby for it. Actually the car will be here for a week.

I think this is up there in the top five of all time stupid names for a car, but it definitely has a Lucid Air kind of look to it. I'll see it in person next week. I work at Qualcomm, there's a presentation on automotive connectivity with Sony. The Afeela will be in the lobby for it. Actually the car will be here for a week.
Take pictures if you’re allowed

Take pictures if you’re allowed
I will. I'm sure the presentation is for employees only. But the car will be in the lobby, which is open to anyone visiting someone in the building or walking on that campus. So if pictures aren't allowed, that is very poor planning.

I will. I'm sure the presentation is for employees only. But the car will be in the lobby, which is open to anyone visiting someone in the building or walking on that campus. So if pictures aren't allowed, that is very poor planning.
Afeela some pictures coming soon from @Amster

Ah feel la…

Get it?! EV with a soft side.

So, according to the Sony guy, the A's stand for autonomy and automation. The "feel" is because you'll feel wonderful when you're in the car.
It's definitely a concept car at this point. You can tell an entertainment company is involved. There's screens everywhere, even across the bumpers. The sound system makes you feel like you're in an IMAX movie theater.
Lucid is designed to be a joy to drive, with self driving in the future. This is set up to be a self driving car. The only mirror is the rear view one. The side view mirror locations are only sensors and cameras. There are no door handles. It recognizes your face as you approach and opens the door and adjusts your seat automatically. At least that's the idea. You have a full screen of entertainment options, since you won't be driving.
The actual driving part of it, they had no info on. Like EV range, power, etc. There's a long way to go before it'll be on the road. But it does look pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20230622_120635.jpg
    20230622_120635.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 20230622_121051.jpg
    20230622_121051.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 20230622_122027.jpg
    20230622_122027.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20230622_122155.jpg
    20230622_122155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • 20230622_122226.jpg
    20230622_122226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • 20230622_131705.jpg
    20230622_131705.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
So, according to the Sony guy, the A's stand for autonomy and automation. The "feel" is because you'll feel wonderful when you're in the car.
It's definitely a concept car at this point. You can tell an entertainment company is involved. There's screens everywhere, even across the bumpers. The sound system makes you feel like you're in an IMAX movie theater.
Lucid is designed to be a joy to drive, with self driving in the future. This is set up to be a self driving car. The only mirror is the rear view one. The side view mirror locations are only sensors and cameras. There are no door handles. It recognizes your face as you approach and opens the door and adjusts your seat automatically. At least that's the idea. You have a full screen of entertainment options, since you won't be driving.
The actual driving part of it, they had no info on. Like EV range, power, etc. There's a long way to go before it'll be on the road. But it does look pretty cool.
I will say, if this is priced the same range as an accord... this would be the easiest buy of the century.
Also, is the rear legroom THAT BIG?

I will say, if this is priced the same range as an accord... this would be the easiest buy of the century.
It’s a concept. With no pesky motors or actual electronics, lots of room for people :)

There was no talk of what it would actually cost, I'm sure it'll be in a higher price range than an Accord. But it might be a really good deal for what it is. It's supposed to go on sale in 2026. There was talk of having a monthly subscription to keep software updated and entertainment current. I would be really surprised if it's ready by then.
It was really comfortable to sit in. I had lots of room in the back seat. (The jeans you see are mine. ) It was almost as big as the Lucid's back seat. But keep in mind that I am relatively small, only 5'1", so for me most mid-size back seats are great.
Considering that I've had the camera views not show up in my GT twice already, I personally would not drive a car that didn't have physical mirrors to look at.

Thank you for all the photos! I'm surprised they allowed everyone to sit in it etc! Side mirror cameras are on some cars already but they are not allowed in the US market as they have not been approved.

Back