Some odds and ends

I'll let you know once it's activated. Right now it's not available.

So I managed to solve an intermittent issue with bluetooth and spotify trying to outdo each other. Here's the setup, phone is linked through bluetooth, I'm playing a podcast through in car Spotify app. Notification rings on my phone, the car switches over to bluetooth to play the notification sound. Except! it doesn't swap back to playing on Spotify, it just stays in bluetooth mode. Annoyingly, you have to open the music window and select back to Spotify to resume playback. TOTAL HASSLE. I figured out today, if on your phone connection settings under the bluetooth options, if you just unselect Bluetooth - Audio and Phone and swap it to Phone only, it no longer interrupts your playback because it's not playing any audio through bluetooth but only through the Spotify in car app. It's a workaround for now, but it would really be better if it would just swap back to the previous playback after a notification.
The only problem with that is any audio related phone app such as XM, are unavailable unless you go back in and reselect Bluetooth audio.

I think Apple Carplay availability would fix this problem.

I think Apple Carplay availability would fix this problem.
Possibly. Wireless Apple CarPlay is strange in its behavior in some cars. In both my Audi e-Tron and my wife’s Sonata hybrid, Apple CarPlay takes over once the connection is automatically made after you’ve gotten in the car. If you had been listening to the car’s radio, as soon as CarPlay kicks in, it squelches the car’s radio and begins playing what ever you last had on in CarPlay. If you wish to continue to listen to the car’s radio, you need to reselect the radio via the car’s touchscreen selector. A minor inconvenience, but annoying nonetheless.

The fact that CarPlay works the same in 2 disparate vehicles, makes me think it might be a common issue. I’d prefer to manually select CarPlay rather than it take over on its own. Obviously we have no idea how this would work when/if it’s implemented on the Lucid.

Thx. You are right. Similar in my e-Tron. I guess I rarely use the car radio so less of an inconvenience for me. My only point was that what carplay does really well is the integration of the apps such as Spotify, Pandora, etc with phone calls and hands-free messaging then back to music.

20211203_111231.jpg
20211203_111345.jpg

thx. Are these demonstrating new features activated by an OTA software update?

Actually these were in the last update before delivery. Just found it today when charging and messing with the menus

So some other things I experienced today...

Launch Mode - Having not been in the Plaid yet...the Dream was exhilarating! Took my mother to show her why you NEED 1,111 hp...suffice to say, she is not of the same mindset...might've taken a few days off her life as well

Charging issue. Went to an EA station near my house. Plugged in, authenticated just fine, but when the charger tried to initiate charging, I got a Vehicle_Timeout error. I tried 2 more times and got the same error. Swapped cables on the same station and got a different error, Vehicle_JINSIGNAL_Removed. Moved over 1 spot to a different station. Plugged in, car authenticated and just started charging no problem.

So some other things I experienced today...

Launch Mode - Having not been in the Plaid yet...the Dream was exhilarating! Took my mother to show her why you NEED 1,111 hp...suffice to say, she is not of the same mindset...might've taken a few days off her life as well

Charging issue. Went to an EA station near my house. Plugged in, authenticated just fine, but when the charger tried to initiate charging, I got a Vehicle_Timeout error. I tried 2 more times and got the same error. Swapped cables on the same station and got a different error, Vehicle_JINSIGNAL_Removed. Moved over 1 spot to a different station. Plugged in, car authenticated and just started charging no problem.
Volkswagen lawsuit says they had to put in chargers, didn't say they had to work.

This is becoming a worrisome issue for me. Electrify America should have had these problems resolved some time ago, but they're still occurring throughout their network.

We have a couple of road trips planned for the Air but may have to take the Tesla instead until we have more certainty that EA has their game on.

A friend who's had his VW ID.4 for several months tried out an EA charger for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Naples, FL, preparatory to taking his car on its first road trip. It took him 20 minutes on the phone with a call center person to get the EA equipment to recognize the car. He's now apprehensive about taking his car on the road. On his overnight trip to Ft. Lauderdale, he made arrangements to stay in a hotel with CCS charging just so he could be sure of getting home.

I've gone to 4 different charging stations and this was the first time I had an issue but was able to resolve it just by going to the station right next to it. Other than that, every time it worked the way it was supposed to. Though, this could be because the charging infrastructure in SoCal is much more prevalent than in other areas of the country.

I’ve had good success with EA chargers in NY, but overall they can be a bit fluky.

I've asked this question before, how are the EA chargers connected hardwired or cell. If it's cell this can contribute to random issues.

I believe it's cell, at least at the stations I was at today. On top of the stations you can see a shark fin antenna.

I've asked this question before, how are the EA chargers connected hardwired or cell. If it's cell this can contribute to random issues.
I believe it’s cell. I say that because I was told by EA that when chargers lose communication with the mothership, they default to free charging. That occurred periodically at one EA charger near me. It wouldn’t accept my free Audi credits, but instead dispensed free charging sessions.

Unfortunately, it can't trip plan like that. I think it takes your current SOC and current location and plans based off a destination you input. BUT I will play with it and see what I can do...though I highly doubt I could specify SOC..

Unfortunately, it can't trip plan like that. I think it takes your current SOC and current location and plans based off a destination you input. BUT I will play with it and see what I can do...though I highly doubt I could specify SOC..

Thanks I'm just curious if it will say I can make it or not...

If ChargePoint in Bluff is down we're toast.

Ever since I was in elementary school wanted to go to Four Corners.

Last edited:
Back